Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 17 Annual Great Lakes Kung Fu Championships

Are you going to be posting any pics from the tournament on your website?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by yu shan View Post
    Oso

See any good Tanglang? You have a new school shirt, can you post a pic? Did you get to Mike Biggies school?
    no, i didn't get to Mike's. He drove up to hang out for a bit.

Sifu Gino, yea, it was a hectic day. If those kids keep at it they are going to be hella good down the road. (not that they aren't now)

Those two teen boys are already great players. There were several adult males, including my guy, who walked off the mat with some shocked looks on their faces after being beaten by a 13 year old. I look forward to following those two guys progress over the years.

Suntzu:
    by my athlete Emily
    the blonde? why didn't she compete? man, we got to get more girls willing to scrap.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    that's international rules for u
    Actually, that rule changed in 2007.... you guys need to keep up....

(still hate that format though, dear lord, put the knees back in already)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

http://www.youtube.com/user/xiongfa

some clips are up now
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Gino My Compliments To You And Mr Ervin..it Was My First Attendance And Enjoyable. You Looked Busy Lugging Around Your Kid.
    Oso, I Feel Bad For Not Introducing Myself Earlier But You Were Busy Watching Your Students Compete And I Didn't Want To Take Away From That. Also Forgive Me As I Was On A Clock And Had To Report Back Home As My Kitchen Pass Expired At 1300hrs And I Was In Hot H20 By Then. I Would Have Loved To Have Gone To Dinner With You And Talked Shop...next Year If You Attend Dinner Is On Me.
    Jeng Shing Pings, Matt Gefland Was BESTED BY ERIC BROOKS TO TAKE 2ND PLACE LT HVYWT.
    My Friend, Who Is Strong As An Ox, Placed 3RD In LT Heavy Weight. He Only Has Two Years Experience Being Trained By One Of Gm Chicoines Top Students.
    All In All It Was A Great Time For All And Look Forward To Next Year.
    From Ohio,
    Stonewarrior
    Last edited by stonewarrior67; 04-21-2008 at 06:30 PM. Reason: TO MAKE WRONG A RIGHT AS FAR AS LT HVYWT PLACEMENTS

the blonde? why didn't she compete? man, we got to get more girls willing to scrap.
    she's been away at school(1st year away at college).... hopefully i'll find something for her this summer.... she's definitly game tho....

Actually, that rule changed in 2007.... you guys need to keep up....
    i am so out of the loops these days..... really i am..
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Again Thanks

Stonewarrior67 thanks fot the compliments, my teacher trys hard to make the tournament good for everyone.
    As far as my children, Grace and Joseph are the next killers I will unleash. Just gimme a few more years. Grace is only 20 months but she is already in the class room and does push ups better than adults I know !

I'm glad you guys enjoyed. Hopefully next year the road construction will be gone.

Ginosifu

she's been away at school(1st year away at college).... hopefully i'll find something for her this summer.... she's definitly game tho....
    cool, maybe next year. I want to do something again before then, maybe Shifu Rodger's event in October...but finances are tight. We are going to be in Charlotte on May 3rd for the CACMA event and Sylvia and Akeem will be fighting Lei Tai...we've got to add knees and elbows in over the next two weeks as well as the stinking headgear.

stonewarrior: that's cool, I know how it is. next time.

I've attached a group pic of the shuai chiao competitors for that day...pretty large group.