Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: do i'm officially going vegan tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    i gave up promiscuous sex ie sex without a comitted caring relationship

and yeah the downside

a whole host of cancers ?

and yeah if your all about global warming u should pack meat in
    if everyone did that it would have tghe same effect as replacing your car with a hybrid car

as life stock
    produce FAR more grreen house gasses than cars
    Did you ever consider how much greenhouse gasses we produce by existing? Maybe we should do some mass executions? 6 billion people are harmful to the planet.
    Oh, and scientifically speaking, a number as large as the difference in greenhouse gasses by changing every vehicle to hybrid stands little to no chance of being perfectly matched by any other action. I think this is an unproven generalization.

Also, if livestock naturaly produces greenhouse gasses, then you are forcing the concept that global warming is an unavoidable eventuality as biodiversity increases. Being that if they were left to roam, as the buffalo were, they would emit the same amount of greenhouse gasses, and not be controlled population-wise.

Additionally, vegans consume more plant life than omnivores, thus reducing the amount of CO2 conversion in a shorter time.

I love this kind of logic...it's like volleyball without the school bully spiking you in the face.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Scientists developed a cake that takes away a womans sex drive.

Its called a wedding cake.

得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

GA, I see your ‘straight edge’ comment in your sig. Henry Rollins will be in SA next month performing at some gig.

I live an ‘alternative’ life style (not alternative sex … just in case someone thought that)(bohemian if you want to use that word), and while it can be a little tough, specially in a very closed minded society such as the one I live in, its actually very rewarding. They wanna call you a hippy, then let them. They have their own lives to worry about.

Next thing you must give up - credit cards and the usual financial traps we are so often tempted with in modern society. If you cant afford something, then save until you can. Living of credit is just so much more expensive.

Good luck to you.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    see how it goes

that will make it alcohol cigarettes drugs promiscuous sex meat and all animal products ive given up so far

LOL

wish me luck
    Are you allowed Creatine if you're vegan? If so, it might be a good idea to take some since you're not getting it from meat. Read the stories below to see why it's important to have Creatine:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3145223.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1002290.stm
    Jack Dempsey: "What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?

It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.

Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile when its bodyweight is set into fast motion."

i'd say good luck with it, but honestly it doesnt jive with me now...

i spent my late teen years with a mix of straight edgers, pot-head and alkies, so ive seen all sides of it, and experimented with all of them...

i'm now vegetarian, tee total, drug free, don't own a television, and sex is ethical. i wear about as little leather as possible, mainly 'cos i find it a bit disturbing wrapping dead people around my waist, and leather jackets are typically for *******s

but, at times hard training takes its toll on the body, so whey protein, creatine, and i've broken strict vegetarianism with chondroitin\collagen for the cartilage damage...

so anyway enough about me, on to you mr arhat...

1) going vegan, if you're training you need to eat a LOT! a friend of mine was fully vegan and labouring, digging all day etc, and he said you can do it, but the volume of food you need to eat is huge...

i think people like mike mahler are a good resource on this...

2) the whole 'ethical living' thing... don't let it consume you. straight edgers are idiots clinging to a sense of identity just the same as the beer boys. don't live in denial, just be true to yourself and what you want and live in the moment...

if you see a hottie and you want to get it on with her, dont deny it man. but, be straight up and true to yourself and do the right thing, don't be unethical about it... you need to read eddie bravo's book LOL

same with eating, drinking, whatever, do what YOU want to do and is right for you... so just chill out a bit, lay off the minor threat and brother kaine **** for a while... some of the most uptight ****ed up people i know are these 'awareness' and 'consciousness' freaks with super-ethical living styles...

you see straight edge etc is just a reaction against the modern ****-head lifestyle just the same as the ****-head lifestyle itself... best thing is to step away from both...

good luck to you and good to see you're thinking outside the box a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    What do you think it'd do for the vegan population if fruits and vegetables could scream?
    BUT THEY CAN'T SCREAM SO YOU'RE REDUNDANT but your dog can, I assume you would feel odd if someone stir fried Scooby right?...

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    BUT THEY CAN'T SCREAM SO YOU'RE REDUNDANT but your dog can, I assume you would feel odd if someone stir fried Scooby right?...

This reminds me of a Faces of Death movie where this Vietnamese family cut open a little puppy while it was still alive and crying.

I'd eat dog if need be, but I'd put it down first!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

i havent given up sex

i have given up PROMISCUOUS sex

that is

sex outside of a relationship

no one night stands etc

Reply]
    So you are actually punishing yourself with a relationship? Are you MAD? Or just Young? Women are so restraining! they try to controll you, they don't let you rest, they allways try and guilt you into doing things when you are supposed to be resting after working all week, and they try to put your soul into thier dolls, and they pressure you to skip workouts and "Snuggle" with them and get upset because you want sex for your troubles...
    and then give you that sex but expect compensation for it in the form of going shopping at some dumb home improvement store for agonizing hour, after agonizing hour when they could have just been in and out by themselves.

Why would someone prefer THAT over just getting the sex and maybe breakfast the next morning and then never seeing them again?

Why intentionally bash your head against the wall and willingly subject your self to physical and bizzaro emotional enslavement?

Why not just get the sex, fun and none of the headaches?
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 01-29-2008 at 09:55 AM.

you have more baggage than hefty. seriously, if the kid wants a relationship than good for him. they aren't all crazy. my wife doesnt do any of that stuff and i am perfectly happy. at some point a person that has that many insane relationships and problems with women needs to step back and look at themselves a little more clearly.

It's a delusion bro. In 5-7 years you will be divorced. You will remember this post and how you scoffed at me... and then wonder how it is I knew your future.

maybe the one common thing in all your failed relationships is you.

When I was going through my Divorce my attourny told me

65-70% of ALL first marriages fail

50% of second marriages fail

30-35% of all third marriages fail

So even if I am not Psycic, unless you are on your 4th marriage, the odds are not looking very good for your relationship.

In addition, I don't know more than a *Small* number of people who are actually happy in a relationship, and of the ones I knew prior to thier marriage, they were Much happier before than they are now.

I can hardly see how I am involved in any of that.

ok well i'll tell you what i learned in college. your stats are not correct. 2nd marriages are al.most twice as likely to fail than first and 3rd are statistically simialr to 2nd. first marriages have about a 51% chance of succedding.

that said. its pretty much just being a pr!ck to go around saying that a persons marriage is going to fail just because you personally can't hold a relationship together or even find a decent woman.

edit: unless the statistics have changed dramatically in the past 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    When I was going through my Divorce my attourny told me

65-70% of ALL first marriages fail

50% of second marriages fail

30-35% of all third marriages fail

So even if I am not Psycic, unless you are on your 4th marriage, the odds are not looking very good for your relationship.

In addition, I don't know more than a *Small* number of people who are actually happy in a relationship, and of the ones I knew prior to thier marriage, they were Much happier before than they are now.

I can hardly see how I am involved in any of that.
    100% of all failed marriages fail.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

That is because Marriage itself is the leading cause of Divorce.