Thread: Question for Vash

Question for Vash

I was perusing your blog and a question came to me.

I was wondering if you plan recovery time, and how do you go about recovery? What about sleep? Do you plan a sleep schedule to coincide with your workouts (IE extra sleep following exceptionally intense training sessions or maintaining a certain number of sleep hours, pre training naps etc...)? Same for your diet. How do you eat? When do you eat certain foods?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    I was perusing your blog and a question came to me.

I was wondering if you plan recovery time, and how do you go about recovery?
    Yes, I schedule a full week off from weight training every 12 weeks, and from karate every 16 weeks.

Daily stuff, I stretch and do mobility and soft tissue work (foam roller, taped-up golf and tennis balls), and take alternating hot/cold showers (on resistance days) or hot soaks (karate days) three to four times a week.

My ability to recover though, is entirely dependent on my nutrition.

What about sleep? Do you plan a sleep schedule to coincide with your workouts (IE extra sleep following exceptionally intense training sessions or maintaining a certain number of sleep hours, pre training naps etc...)?
    Yes. Minimum 7.5 hours, preferred 8 hours nightly. less, I feel drained, more, I feel strung out.

Same for your diet. How do you eat? When do you eat certain foods?
    I prepare my meals in advance. I take in around 180-200 grams of protein, 80-100 grams of fat, and less than 100 grams of carbs a day.

I eat my carb-rich meals in the first half of the day, around my workouts. I take in food every 3-4 hours. I also supplement with a few different things. I don't rely on them, but note a BIG difference in my gym/dojo performance, and in my "feeling" day to day.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Do you use traditional training wines to improve strength and endurance during workouts, speed recovery times, or improve the speed of development?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

No, can't say that I do. Never had any, actually.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

I used to nap right before I trained. I would allways have the best workouts when I did that (no time now).

What is strange though, no matter how well I sleep the nite before, I am the worst in the morning. A warmup is literally as hard as my full workout in the late afternoon or evening, but right after a good nap, especially those ultra deep summer ones in the heat when I'd have my hammock between a couple of trees in the park. I'd get up after and be so in the zone!.

For the Women:

+ = & a