Thread: He's gonna kick yo ass!

Talking He's gonna kick yo ass!

Awesome!

Watch out you keyboard warriors! Get your criticisms in now, cos he's gonna kick yo ass!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Wow

Wish I spoke chinese, that was cute as hell.

He was mainly calling out some moves and asking dad what the next move was...

Cantonese ?

Must be a Hong Kong kid?

Out of interest, at what age do you suggest is most beneficial to begin training in Martial Arts? And please try to give an example why...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

My advice has always been:-

6+ Judo as it gives a great bases for understanding personal body mechanics and gets a child comfortable with close range rough & tumble without the worry of strikes or serious injury.

10+ Karate/TKD as there are set up for developing discipline as well as being good fitness regimes and competitive aspects to fighting comparable to Judo.

15+ Traditional Kung Fu, as the weapons and fancy forms allow an expression of youthful imagination giving the individual an abstract view of fighting applications.

18-25 is the best age to begin Wing Chun as at that point in a persons life they already have some knowledge of life and when applying potentially life threatening techniques there must be an understanding of the consequences of any action.

Middle aged and middle class can always opt for Tai Chi as it occupies their free time, fills in conversation gaps in parties, and because they will never will have to prove their fighting capabilities they can live the rest of their comfortable surburban lives believing that they can defend themselves if they ever have the need to face an aggressor, unless the sh!t hits the fan then it all becomes obvious a little bit tooo late

Sorry for the last paragraph but one of my personal hatreds are instructors who promise the ability of self defence, yet leave the student vulnerable to a street fighter with mediocre skills who simply has the benefit of living in the real world. I know of people who target the middle aged/middle class as a potential student group as they tend to have the have the spare time as well as the available cash.
    Take care out there and keep

me
    www.tjwingchun.co.uk
    sifu
    www.kwokwingchun.com
    sigung
    www.ipchun.org
    my family
    www.ipfamilywingchun.com

questions are how we grow, answers how we develop

Posted the last comment before watching clip.

Not a bad Biu Gee but personally I do not teach it to those who cannot legally be expected to understand "action and consequece", finger and elbow strikes in my opinion are not suitable weapons to place at the disposal of a child.

OK I may seem a bit of a killjoy, but I take my teaching serious and part of that is knowing the psycholgical effects of the application and theory you pass on and being responsible for the actions of students when you prepare them to defend themselves.

me
    www.tjwingchun.co.uk
    sifu
    www.kwokwingchun.com
    sigung
    www.ipchun.org
    my family
    www.ipfamilywingchun.com

kids

I remember teaching my own children at that age, to mimmick the form, learn some terminology. Now there teen agers and they have no martial art interest at all.
    Whats a dad to do.

Yip Chun told me how he was 7 years old when his father first showed him Siu Lim Tao but it was not intil he was in his 30īs that he became a serious Wing Chun practitioner.

Children as with any individual can never be forced and if their interest is not in Wing Chun then they will not walk the path.

All a īdadīcan do is what any teacher can do, offer knowledge and hope it is take onboard, if not, SUCH IS LIFE

me
    www.tjwingchun.co.uk
    sifu
    www.kwokwingchun.com
    sigung
    www.ipchun.org
    my family
    www.ipfamilywingchun.com