Thread: Peppercorns

Peppercorns

I love pepper. It's medicinal and tasty.

I really love Sichuan peppercorns. Now I know why.

Headline-seeking research claims Sichuan peppercorns can double as ********s

No one to have sex with and can't afford a ********? Well apparently eating Sichuan peppercorns feels exactly like pressing a ******** against your lips, that's according to researchers at University College London, where they're clearly conducting only the most Nobel Prize-worthy research.

Recent experiments showed that when they tried to rub pepper extract on the lips of volunteers, almost none of them could tell whether they were eating peppers or undergoing mechanical stimulation.

It sounds far-fetched perhaps, but the scientists, researchers at UCL, one of the UK's top universities, hope it might lead to new ways of reducing chronic pain in sufferers of conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome or even paralysis.

Szechuan peppercorn is unique among all other ingredients in producing the sensation of vibration on the lips, but the study reveals that stimuli caused by chemicals in the pepper have the same effect on the human brain as actual touch does.

Though if they really wanted to be sure that Sichuan peppercorns feel exactly like a ******** they would actually have the volunteers use the peppercorns as such. C'mon guys, Scientific Method.

And while the research is for a good cause, we can't help but think that soon we'll see a new line of Sichuan peppercorn-based sex products: peppercorn oils for the less well-endowed to rub on so they still give their partner the desired sensation, etc.

On a less raunchy note, Sichuan peppercorns are, under normal circumstances, a common ingredient in Sichuan cooking, counteracting the atomically spicy chilies with a euphoric tingling feeling (ma la) in probably the most sadomasochistic culinary experience you'll find.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Ha! These peppercorns are different the way they grow than the other "vine" grown types (black, white) that are more widely used in seasoning. Will have to get some as I am a hot pepper junkie. http://fiery-foods.com/index.php/chi...chuan-province

thanks to this thread i tried the pepper for the first time the other day i've never had a ******** anywhere near my lips (unless my phone counts) but it's a nice feeling compared to chillies and healthy!
    Last edited by Pete; 10-01-2013 at 09:57 AM.
    I guess we are who we are

lol, it took me a sec to realize what that word was. Why would they censor ********? I'll never understand why they choose some of the words on that list.

Last edited by PalmStriker; 10-06-2013 at 01:20 PM.

AND: "Ants Climbing a Tree" formset http://maolingdish.wordpress.com/
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 10-06-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Gotta bow down to this guy

I've had Zhengzhou peppers. They are no joke. Of course, this guy claims to grow several varieties, but I'm sure the local one is among them.

Zhengzhou man devours 2.5kg of chili peppers every single day

One man in Zhengzhou has become known for his amazing addiction to chili peppers, gobbling them down by the handful as if his life depends on it at the ludicrous rate of 2.5 kilos a day.
    Recently, a local reporter caught up with Li Yongzhi, the man known as the "Chili King," to get to know a little bit more about his peculiar habit. In his yard, Li grows eight different varieties of chili from across the globe.

He told reporters that since he was young he loved to eat peppers, three meals a day, he could be without meat or eggs, but he could never be without chili, happiness was spiciness.
    "In the morning, other people always brush their teeth, but the first thing I do is eat chili and rinse my mouth with that," he said. "If the food has no spiciness then it has no taste."
    Each night while relaxing he will enjoy a light snack of chili peppers eating them like they are melon seeds, one by one by one by one.

10 years ago his eldest son was struck by a car with the vehicle fleeing the scene. His son had to have his leg amputated and the family spent hundreds of thousands of yuan on medical expenses. He would spend all his time at his son's hospital bedside, only popping out for the occasional meal. "At that time, I would eat two bowls of chili peppers, drink some water, and then go right back to the hospital," he remembers.
    While eating 2.5 kilos of chili peppers a day might not sound great for your body, he says that he has experienced no problems. "I don't have any supernatural powers," he says. I just like to eat them, so I eat them. The hospital checked and they said that I am no different from anyone else."

For him, heaven is a place on Earth.

Posted by Shanghaiist on Tuesday, October 13, 2015
    Contact the author of this article or email tips@shanghaiist.com with further questions, comments or tips.
    By Alex Linder in News on Oct 19, 2015 3:30 PM
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart