• 3. more than 30,000 $ per year

10 71.43%
  • 4. it varies

6 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What would be an idea salary for a MA instructor

LOL
    I think I am just overly sensitive about ragging on TKD today, must be all the snow.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

This was the type of TKD I was exposed to and you can still find if you like.
    Minus the ground work of course.

Reply]
    Just about all those TKD guys got taken down with a Judo throw in one move.That entire style can be defeted by one single move....my point proven.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    This was the type of TKD I was exposed to and you can still find if you like.
    Minus the ground work of course.

Reply]
    Just about all those TKD guys got taken down with a Judo throw in one move.That entire style can be defeted by one single move....my point proven.
    You have a point alright and most of us know what it is already.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    But again, back to the stealing of juicy chicken birds for the eating.

Im hungry

is that one of "Wang Xiangzhai" chickens?

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Ahhh...my first sig line!

It's the standard operating model for all big TKD schools. Many have as many as 350 students.

These TKD cats are raking in some TALL cash teaching their silly art.
    Difference is, TCMA wishes it had the business model that TKD has.

I highly doubt the average TCMA could come close to the numbers you are spitting out. Take a look at any phone book and take a look at the arts that pop up.

An example, I was just in Ohio for a distributor meeting, I flip open the phonebook to see what kind of martial art base they have in the open, a habit whenever I travel, and out of 3 pages for this specific book, I count only two TCMA.

There is no reason why a TCMA can't adopt the TKD business model and make just as much money.

The only thing holding them back is thier own mental blockages.

live in the trees and eat stolen chicken i tell you. if the shaw brothers taught us anything, it is that this is the only real way to be traditional.
    Thats funny as hell. That did seem to happen allot in those movies
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolindynasty View Post
    Thats funny as hell. That did seem to happen allot in those movies
    isnt that how you started kungfu?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Great and how would any of those guys do in an olympic TKD match?
    My classmate Bobby-Joe wanted to go to the Olympics, so we strong-armed a TKD coach to give him a black belt. With no special training he went to the World Games and took a Silver medal. He ultimately broke a rib prior to going to Colorado Springs, so did not make the Olympic trials.

Overall, not bad having done 0 TKD and making no special effort AND fighting by those rules. (Although he had to knock out a lot of TKD guys cuz the Korean judges wouldn't recognize his points scored.)

So, while I know it is fashionable to DIS RD, he really has a point here. TKD has a bad record as self-defense.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

while I know it is fashionable to DIS RD

Reply]
    Whoo Hoo!! I am fashionable!!

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    My classmate Bobby-Joe wanted to go to the Olympics, so we strong-armed a TKD coach to give him a black belt. With no special training he went to the World Games and took a Silver medal. He ultimately broke a rib prior to going to Colorado Springs, so did not make the Olympic trials.

Overall, not bad having done 0 TKD and making no special effort AND fighting by those rules. (Although he had to knock out a lot of TKD guys cuz the Korean judges wouldn't recognize his points scored.)

So, while I know it is fashionable to DIS RD, he really has a point here. TKD has a bad record as self-defense.
    sounds like a hoot - what was his full name, what year did he compete, which World Games? and what was his background / training if not TKD (and BTW, yeah, at those USTU events, if you weren't Korean and your opponent was, you could score all the points you wanted to, even pummel the guy nearly senseless, but if he's still standing at all at the end of the match, you were fer sher the looser, LOL)

In reading these kinds of threads I am reminded of the vast difference between the employee mentality that most have v. the free market entrepreneurial mentality that a club owner MUST have.

The very notion of a salary is an employee's view on compensation. We are kind of geared toward thinking in this way to be slaves to a bracket. Its an expectation that MA is for poor people, so the instructor who makes money is somehow deficient. 30k a year is what I would expect if I were an employee, part time, in somebody else's club, in 1985.

Everybody needs to read Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 02-01-2008 at 06:44 PM.

I'm going to change my answer to two chickens. This is 2008 after all. There should be a larger abundance of chicken flesh to devour in todays realm.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

how the freak did this thread degenerate into a bash on TDK? That's what I'm thinking.