Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 8-Step at Houston Event in April

8-Step at Houston Event in April

Just thought I'd let everyone know there's going to be a big 8-Step reunion in Houston in early April. Many of Grandmaster Wei's students will be getting together for the first time in 25 years, coming from Taiwan, Canada, and various places around the U.S. It's the biggest 8-Step reunion ever held in the U.S.

Since so many people will be there, the "Martial Arts Exhibition 2008 in Houston" will have more 8-Step performances and seminars than ever before. Some of the people performing are among the best in the entire 8-Step community and rarely perform in public. Anyone really serious about learning more about 8-Step should try hard not to miss this event.

There's more info on the event at http://www.8-step.com/houston2008.htm for anyone interested.

All those teachers and yet Su Yu Chang is the only one offering any kind of workshop? Bummer Will more seminars be added?
    And what is with the private invite only thing on Friday?
    Thanks
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Since Mr. Su is a senior student of GM Wei, it would have been considered disrespectful to offer competing workshops. I'm sure Mr. Su's workshop will be well worthwhile.

As for the private event on Friday, that's just a chance for GM Wei's students to catch up with each other, since many have not seen each other in years. That way they can have an informal get-together before the more public events on Saturday and Sunday. That's all that is.

Sifu Wu Er Li

Where in Houston is Sifu Wu Er Li's school? Anyone know?

All the Best,

William Dylan Powell

Actually I think it would be a better, more enticing event if more teachers offered seminars (not sure why they have to be competing). I would think it would be much more respectful to have all the teachers offer something as a tribute. But to each their own. I would certainly try to make it if more people were offer more things.
    Good luck, and have fun!
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

sounds like a once in a lifetime event, I with a few of my students will be attending. who else is planning on going fellow 8 steppers
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

wu er li teaches at the chinese culture center

Thanks, bro! I'd love to go watch one of his classes. Do you know what his schedule is? I couldn't find him on the CCC's calendar.

Are you one of Poo Yee's SPM students?

nah my old sifu is one of HPY's students. I'm friends with Wu Er Li's daughter, the next time i see her i'll try to get you some info

Cool

Thanks! I appreciate that.

Lapu, what going on with this event? we are trying to make plans but have heard nothing back thus far. for less than a month away thier is no concrete information? and no one is going? whats up?
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

12. EarthDragon, did you send an e-mail about the workshop or registration? If you did, let me know offline by PM and I'll look into it for you. If not, there are specific dates and times listed on the link above for making any travel arrangements, as well as an e-mail link for pre-ordering lunch or registering for the workshop.

Please check your PM's
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

can anyone tell me whos going to this? I and my students felt it is a once in a lifetime opp. however all these masters and only a basic qigong seminar by Mr Su?

how about correcting applications and forms, power generation, rooting excercises, trainging tips, combat applications ????

I live with a medical qigong master, no need to learn basic breathing qigong for me personally, but why wouldnt there be 8 different classes to pick from,

teach us how to develop what we already know etc etc.

seems like a great opportunity wasted. this event should have every 8 step teacher and student at least in the USA in houston for the whole weekend.... so far noone i know is going. and no feedback? uggg
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan