Thread: Master of the Flying Guillotine!

Hybrid View

Master of the Flying Guillotine!

Master of the Flying Guillotine aka The One Armed Boxer VS the Flying Guillotine

If you havent seen this movie, it is freaking great.

seriously, if you havent seen it, DO IT!!! It is crazy, ridculous, hilarious stuff. The martial arts might not be as super fast and crisp as newer movies(think drunken master, not drunken master 2) but it is great and the fights never stop. The ending was also very inventive and atypical of most Kung Fu flicks.

It is quickly climbing to the top of my favorites.

One of the worst movies ever!

Great movie. almost as good as One Armed Boxer part 1.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    One of the worst movies ever!
    I'm guessing that you take movies seriously when watching them. Loosen up and just look for the fun factor in this movie. It is one of the most fun movies to watch ever.

You at least have to like the badass music they play when they indroduce the Master of the Flying Guillotine.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

Its only camp if they don't mean it. That movie was the worst, and the dang thing ALWAYS seems to be on some channel or another!

Nah, you can do camp on purpose. Master of Flying Guillotine and Kill and Kill Again are perfect examples.

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Its only camp if they don't mean it. That movie was the worst, and the dang thing ALWAYS seems to be on some channel or another!
    Whether they meant it or not, it is still fun to watch. just stop taking it so seriously.

What martial arts movie doesn't have some cheeseball, campy moments? Probably a really boring one. Actually, even boring ones are still campy. Kung Fu flicks are basically superhero movies, right? What super hero movie isn't laced with campy cheeseball stuff?