Thread: training equipment

training equipment

Hi all,

Just wondering what types of training equipment you use to supplement your martial arts.

I am using a medicine ball, kettle bells, dumb bells for shadow boxing, skipping rope, press up boards (changes width and angle of the arms), music, stretch bar and jump staffs.

So, apart from actual martial arts training, are you using any thing different from the above and how effective is it a supplement.

Regards,

P

Barbell, dumbbells, spear, staff, sword, heavybag/B.O.B., and a small bag full of steel shot.

All are very effective and directly pertaining to my MA work. Even the weight training is integral. It's a package deal.

But, I've been neglecting the weapons lately... perhaps I'll dust them off today.

Heavy bag. Thai pads. Medicine ball. Kettlebells. Bag 'o steel shot like Samurai Jack said but mine is 50 pounds.
    Occasionally a sledge hammer into a tire. Sometimes a double-end bag.

Those first 5 are pretty essential and are the best tools I train with.
    A unique snowflake

How much did all that steel shot set you back WinterPalm? Where'd you get it?

At first I was buying little packets of 4/5 of a pound or so for 5 Canadian dollars each. Once I got to 20 over time, a long time! I found a supplier in Alberta that shipped me the last 30 pounds of 1/4inch stainless steel shot for about 130 Canadian Bucks...gun suppliers are the best way to go about getting it.
    But yeah, I figure around $300 for the whole thing. Well worth it though!
    A unique snowflake