Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Detox and Cleansing

i see no harm in short fasts. like 24 hours - 48 most. im not sure what good it does, but it might be alright to give everything a break for a lil bit. but a lot of people take it too far. they'll go on a "cleansing fasts" or a wheat grass fast for a week or more. they always look real sick and tell you how great they feel between periods of microsleep.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity View Post
    i see no harm in short fasts. like 24 hours - 48 most. im not sure what good it does, but it might be alright to give everything a break for a lil bit. but a lot of people take it too far. they'll go on a "cleansing fasts" or a wheat grass fast for a week or more. they always look real sick and tell you how great they feel between periods of microsleep.
    A few muslim friends of mine do their fast for Ramadan, where they only drink water from sunrise to sunset, funny thing that athletic performance actually gets better at a certain point.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

We're two weeks into it. Is everyone still on board?

Ganbatte!

Quote Originally Posted by RickMatz View Post
    We're two weeks into it. Is everyone still on board?

Ganbatte!
    fu cking A!!!!!! nothing but jack daniels and sierra nevada stout for 3 weeks!!!!

woow woowt
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    A few muslim friends of mine do their fast for Ramadan, where they only drink water from sunrise to sunset, funny thing that athletic performance actually gets better at a certain point.
    im drunkk.... but i bet its because the body uses blood and many other resources to aid in digestion. if the body suddenlydoesnt have to worry about it, its free to give its all resources to ninja backflips and power squats. but can not it sustain for long. reserve will expire and you;ll land on your head ninja flipping.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post
    If you want to get real hardcore: 10oz of olive oil down the hatch followed by 2-3oz of lemon juice.
    :barf:

wtf? Why would you do that?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

i did a cleanse/detox.
    bought whole body cleanse for $30 from a natural health food store.
    it was my first time, and it was okay.
    but i could do better than $30 on a one month supply...
    Just a Disciple, No One Special

you could have done better spending that 30 bucks on some water and veggies.

i see fastings the same way i do athletic comeptitions. bad health wise, but forge the spirit and constitution. if you fast to strengthen your spirit ... fine. it will cleanse you in some way .... make you very aware oif your compulisiveness ... strengthen your resolve. but its not good for the body ... which .. if done correctly ... is part of the point. it makes you stronger spiritually for enduring something that challanges you emotionally/mentally, yet isn't so great for you physically.
    where's my beer?

holy hell i was smashed when i wrote that. i can't believe it made any sense at all.
    where's my beer?

detox

from what i have read, there are pollutants everywhere, in food, water, and air,

most detox are 3-7 days,

no solid food,

lots of water, and fresh juiced fruits and veggies, and green plus powders, and teas
    and no gaterade soda, and fruit drinks from waldbaums dont count

the night before you start have a large salad to give your bowels a sweep,

and the day you start eating food again eat light, veggies, fruit, and rice, broths

doing the detox is only part of the cleanse, the next step is building a healthy system, so if you break your fast with mcdonalds, or shrimp parm hero than your seven days have been wasted-

and dont give me that "no studies show" crap , alright, i have talked to so many people , doctors tell them to live we must cut out your prostate, they do a detox and start a raw food diet, and they are healed-

i have an amazing health book that has recipes for a blood cleansing detox, liver, kidney, bowel,
    Set your mind.
    Refuse to be weak,
    Refuse to be sick,
    Refuse to die.
    Think that you are strong and you are

and dont give me that "no studies show" crap , alright, i have talked to so many people , doctors tell them to live we must cut out your prostate, they do a detox and start a raw food diet, and they are healed-
    Not sure, but are you insinuating that a detoxing will keep you from having to lose your prostate to , what I assume, is prostate cancer or disease?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Traditional herbs include milk
    thistle, dandelion root, yellow dock and mullein
    leaves.

Taco Cleanse

I could hang with this cleanse. I've been thinking some sort of cleanse would be good for me soon. Gotta clean those pipes, doncha know?

I Only Ate Tacos for a Week and It Made Me So Much Healthier
    The taco cleanse is real and it's amazing.

by RHEANNA O'NEIL BELLOMO
    MAY 15, 2017

Once 2016 arrived, the internet exploded with tweets, 'grams, and news stories about the taco cleanse, heralding it as this year's latest and greatest diet. Obviously this sounds absurd—detox with tacos? No way that's possible. But according to the authors of The Taco Cleanse, the tortilla-based diet is "proven to change your life." It's a quirky concept that's gained so much popularity in the last week—even stars like Jennifer Aniston are backing it—that I decided to give it a test run. But not without a few caveats.

Once I got my hands on a copy of the ever buzzy book, I decided, in true Delish fashion, to make this a fun and approachable experience instead of a hard and haughty one. To be honest, I'm decidedly against a 30-day vegan challenge. It's fussy (who wants to hunt around for soy bacon and add nutritional yeast to everything?) and easy to screw up if you're not accustomed to it. Plus, cheese is amazing. And so are eggs. I did, however, choose to eat half of my tacos vegetarian-style, if only to prove that it's not avoiding meat that's the issue.

tacocleanse

164 likes
    tacocleanse
    @olivesfordinner is hosting a #tacocleanse giveaway on her instagram and blog. Head on over to her account for details. Thanks, Erin
    Even registered dietitians agree with me on this one: "The vegan lifestyle is challenging. There are reasons to be vegan but it also has it's shortcomings," says Jim White, R.D. and spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. "To the average consumer, a temporary vegan diet would be very difficult and you'd likely have a lot of deficiencies in your diet from not following it perfectly. You'd also gain back any weight you lost as soon as you switch back to your regular diet."

And so, armed with a nutritionist's knowledge, here's how I ate only tacos for an entire week:

Day 1
    It's Sunday and after sleeping in, I make the most of a trip to Brooklyn and seek out Tres Hermanos Taqueria in Bushwick. It's been lauded as one of the best spots in the city for authentic tacos and, after digging into a pair of doubled-up corn tortillas, I have to agree. I tried one carnitas (slow-roasted pork) taco and one avocado-pinto bean taco, which were piled high with shredded lettuce, tomato, and cotija cheese. They were so filling that I couldn't finish everything entirely, even as both breakfast and lunch.

For dinner, I chose a second pair of savory tacos. This time with shrimp and spicy, pan-fried chorizo with the typical spread of queso fresco, lettuce, tomato, hot sauce, and sour cream. Again they were padded with two layers of tortilla, making them so substantial that I couldn't even touch the rice and beans on the side. It seems two is the magic number here.

Day 2
    Skipped breakfast because I haven't yet shopped for groceries to make morning tacos (eek!). For the sake of the story—and making this as true-to-life as possible—I took a risk (and crossed my fingers for no e. coli) by choosing Chipotle for lunch. Because making tacos on your lunch break at the office is hard and delivery is not.

RHEANNA O'NEIL BELLOMO
    My chicken, sofritas, and barbacoa tacos were great, though the three-taco portion is kind of insane. And I happily survived to tell the tale. That night, after a pit-stop at Trader Joe's, I took to the kitchen and whipped up sautéed shrimp and tomato tacos with onions, garlic, and fresh cabbage.

View image on Twitter

rheanna o’neil bellomo

@rheannabellomo
    Not bad for a no-recipe 10 p.m. dinner. ���� Day two: ✔️ #tacocleanse #****thatsdelish

8:18 PM - Jan 11, 2016
    See rheanna o’neil bellomo's other Tweets
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    Day 3
    Finally, my first breakfast taco. Following advice from the Taco Cleanse, I took the idea of a taco and applied it to peanut butter and banana slices (and a tiny bit of cinnamon-sugar). Protein, fiber, potassium. I folded that bad boy in half and ran out the door.

RHEANNA O'NEIL BELLOMO

For lunch, two corn tortillas with adobo-spiced chicken, salty manchego cheese, and fresh pico de gallo. Cactus fries on the side. I'm thinking I can totally get used to this and start picking out the best taco spot to hit later that night.

Dinner today was the winner. I brought my bestie along to Tijuana Picnic in Manhattan's Lower East Side so we could each get an order of tacos and share them—two chicken tacos with chicharrones for her, two tender steak tacos with asian-style slaw for me. Per the book, we each had a smoky mescal margarita, too. After this night, I truly (and naively) believed that the taco diet would be totally sustainable for basically the end of time.
    continued next post
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Continued from previous post

Day 4
    This morning I made an apple, brie, and honey number wrapped in a warm buttered flour tortilla that I recommend to everyone, even if you're not embarking on your own week-long taco adventure. It kept me full until lunch, too.

RHEANNA O'NEIL BELLOMO

Around 2 p.m. I took to the test kitchen to make black bean tacos with homemade guacamole and sharp cheddar cheese. They were so fresh and zesty thanks to a couple of lime slices and sprinkle of Himalayan salt. I'm honestly surprised I haven't gotten sick of tacos yet, especially on day four. But that's most likely because I haven't been overloading myself with traditional Mexican flavors at each and every meal.

RHEANNA O'NEIL BELLOMO

For dinner I cooked tofu for the first time, pan-frying it until the edges got crispy. On two corn tortillas I layered the tofu bits with mango salsa and fresh diced red pepper. Sadly, I got home late from a night out with friends and was so starving that I immediately wolfed these babies down. I don't have a single photo of the beauty that was this meal. And that really hurts my photography-loving soul.

Day 5
    This morning I made my favorite breakfast of the week: salt and peppered scrambled eggs with cherry tomatoes, avocado slices, Cholula hot sauce (my favorite), and Mexican-blend shredded cheese. It was the ultimate wake-up taco. I'm still thinking about it to be honest.

RHEANNA O'NEIL BELLOMO

Adapting one of the book's recipes, I cooked up some baja-style fish tacos with fried halibut and a red cabbage slaw dressed with jalapeño, cumin, orange juice, and olive oil. These were so crisp and summery, my heart wanted a third but my stomach was not gonna have it. This was my first tinge of taco overload.

RHEANNA O'NEIL BELLOMO

While out to dinner at Blockheads, a fast-casual Mexican chain in New York, I ordered one tofu and one steak taco. (Yes, I know how contrary that sounds.) Instead of the heavy rice and beans, I asked for a side salad. Turns out, I couldn't even finish the two tacos not to mention the greens, which I barely touched. This was my turning point. But I knew I couldn't back down: I took small bites here and there, slowly chipping away at the soft-and-hard shell tacos in front of me. There was nothing wrong with them—the cotija was nice and crumbly, the roasted red pepper a bit sweet but still smoky. It was me. I had hit my maximum capacity.

RHEANNA O'NEIL BELLOMO

Day 6
    At this point, I've eaten 24 tacos. I honestly didn't want to look at another taco. So I totally avoided the idea of breakfast and researched news stories for work instead. Then more procrastination ensued as I updated my so-called taco diary with last night's dinner as I headed to work.

At the office, I munched on Club crackers (non-taco snacks are allowed between meals) and wondered what I was going to do about lunch. Then my boss suggested we order pizza, or as she pitched it to me, "pizza tacos—just fold the slice in half!" Can't argue with that.

Key Takeaways
    Though I can't say I finished strong (sorry, Mom), I still think this total taco diet was a success. From the first day I was inspired to make the most of the blank canvas that is the corn (or flour) tortilla. Over the course of the week, my meals spanned a wide spectrum of fruits and vegetables. I tried new preparations, mixed and matched ingredients, and thought outside of the taco box in terms of flavors, dressings, and toppings.

Of course this was a challenge, but it pushed me to experiment and learn new things. I got to cook tofu for the first time, practice knife skills like julienning and mincing, and make more conscious decisions about what exactly I was consuming every day.

GIPHY / TACO BELL

Plus, this assignment definitely sparked creativity in the kitchen. And, according to White, that's important not just for making nights in front of the stove more fun but for your overall health. "Variety is key not only for nutrients but to cut boredom," he says.

So if you feel like you're in a rut, this is the fad diet you need to jump on. Because it's essentially a vehicle for healthy eating—just take all your favorite foods and fold them into a tortilla. After all, tacos make everything better.
    I may change my lunch plans now...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

All cleansing and detox dieting etc is rubbish.
    It's used so that people who don't know how to eat properly can think there is a way out that's as easy as the way in (weigh in).

fact is, one human isn't too different from another.
    Calories are not just calories and nutrients are important.

Lower the crap out of your sugar intake. Stop eating process foods too often. Learn to cook for gods sake! Intermittent fasting is fine.

You pretty much don't need all the buzzers and bells of selling health to grossly unhealthy people. You can get to health and cut a lot of weight off yourself in one simple step out of all this.

Stop eating so much sugar. All sugars. Fructose, glucose, all of it.
    You wanna take the next step, reduce the crap out of carbohydrates (more sugars really).

the change can be seen in a relatively short term.
    Add regular exercises to the mix and boom, you're healthy and fit within a pretty short time span.

You wanna get ripped and cut? Hit the gym more while maintaining a good diet.

Short and sweet...not sugar sweet though.
    Make sugar a luxury item. That way, it's easy to go easy on it. Only buy super expensive treats. You will be sparing with them.
    Unless you are a brain addled dope with zero self control. In which case, get to a doctor an take heed of what they say to you!
    Kung Fu is good for you.