Thread: Adrenaline

Adrenaline

"BOY THAT GUY MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL" " KICK HIM IN THE NUTS YOU'LL ONLY MAKE HIM MORE ANGRY" " THE MOTHER LIFTED THE OVERTURNED CAR AND PULLED HER BABY FROM UNDERNEATH WITH THE OTHER HAND" LOL

We all heard about this thing called Adrenaline...how does one pull it out at the "drop of a dime?...when I got hit on the head with the blunt end of a matchete I didn't feel a thing for a good 24 hours cuz I was so pumped up or amped. If I'm lazy and I have to run to the store I will get tired after four blocks...if a pitbull chases me to the store I'M NOT STOPPING UNTIL MY LUNGS COLLAPSE. How can we pull out adrenaline at the drop of a dime...I'm thinking if we mastered this we wouldn't use things like coffee and cigarettes to keep us alert throughout the day. I was also thinking it would suck to get jumped when you're lazy...I'm sure pro fighters warm up ten minutes before the fight...on the street you could be lighting a smoke and get lopped in the face leaving you winded...that would suck. Adrenaline is key

Some things I found... http://metal-tiger.com/adrenaline.html

Internal Martial Arts and Adrenaline
    By Frank Allen

Internal martial arts train a fighter to continuously move through a series of conscious actions. In contrast, most other martial arts program a series of unconscious reflexive patterns into the fighter's nervous system. This programming is accomplished through exhaustive amounts of repetitive, rote training in movement patterns which are being programmed. When the patterns are fully programmed a momentary thought will trigger the fighter into his second or more programmed martial pattern. The trick of course is to trigger the proper pattern for the current situation.

Internal martial arts specifically do not use unconscious, reflexive actions. each millisecond action is controlled by conscious, aware thought. This forces the internal boxer to deal with a see-think-do time sequence. When an internal boxer begins this training, the length of the gaps between see-think-do are so large that is much slower than his unconscious reflexive fighting counterpart. Henceforth the Taiji adage 'To win you must first lose.' As the internal boxer continues to train, the gaps between see, think and do shorten and his fighting abilities begin to catch up to his external opponents. When the internal boxer has eliminated the gaps, his thought and action become one. At this point, he becomes faster than his external rival. The mind can change twenty or thirty times, while the unconscious reflexive action fighter is caught a longer pattern.

The internal boxer must practice contact sparring continuously, from an early point in their training or they will never be able to close the gaps between see, think and do, when they are under pressure. Closing the gaps requires the ability to relax while under attack. If the internal boxer tenses and his adrenal glands fire, his chances of staying calm and conscious have been massively lessened.

Adrenaline is a power source to an internal boxer's opponents and a detriment to his own speed and power. Adrenaline triggers unconscious, reflexive action. If a fighter is trying to develop the instinctual fighting styles of the animal world then adrenal firing should be part of his training.

The internal boxer must learn to fight without letting his adrenal glands fire. This begins by learning to spar with diaphramic continuous breathing and relaxed muscles. Then the internal fighter must learn to relax relax his emotions while sparring. Finally, he must learn to feel his adrenal and be especially careful not to tense anything near them while sparring.

Clearing the adrenal glands, to keep them from firing while fighting, is a practice which takes many years to perfect. When prefected, this practice allows the internal fighter to compete at full speed and power with an unrestriced flow of continuous concious thought."

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com...ghtingfull.htm

ADRENALINE STATE TRAINING SIMULATES REALITY

The way you train is apt to be the way you will respond in a real confrontation. This system allows you to train just as you would need to respond in real life. In class, you will have the opportunity to hit using full force, training your muscle memory to do the moves with an all-out effort. This allows students to see the level of realistic response to a particular type of blow. The male instructors wear specially designed, patented protective armor so that our students can strike full-force and find out what it really takes to confront a larger person or to deliver a knockout blow to an aggressor.

Just as importantly, students practice their verbal skills in these realistic role-playing scenarios as well. It can be just as challenging to think on your feet and say what you mean!

Because of this realism, we’ve discovered that our training methods give rise to a physiological and psychological condition known as the "adrenaline state". This is the condition we experience when facing fear or stress in a real emergency. Just as in a real-life situation your body will become adrenalized, so in class you will be fighting while in the adrenaline state.

Adrenaline State

When we experience fear or similar stresses, our bodies release adrenaline and other chemicals to increase strength and act as painkillers. The "adrenaline state" prepares us to deal with the situation at hand.

Dr. Lawrence Blum, a Clinical Police Psychologist, has studied the effects of adrenaline in law enforcement officers for more than 20 years. In his article, Wellness Technology for Law Enforcement, he describes this adrenaline state clearly:

The body’s reaction to stress is "fueled" in large measure by the discharge of adrenaline into the blood system. Further, every time adrenaline is discharged into the bloodstream by the adrenal gland, a set of consistent, predictable psychological and physical impacts occur. These impacts serve to prepare the human body for decisive physical action. It does not matter to the brain whether the stress is positive or negative. When the individual is aroused, the following psychophysiological changes occur:

• Increases in circulation, respiration, and heart rate, and alteration of blood flow from internal organs controlled by the parasympathetic (non-emergency) nervous system; to muscles and tissues used in the alarm reaction (controlled by the sympathetic nervous system)

• Decreased rate of digestion

• Suppression of the immune system

• Increased skeletal muscle tension

Dr. Blum goes on to discuss how the cognitive systems (reason, logic, fine motor skills) are not available during this time. The part of the brain that is available and working, what we call the subconscious, is the part that controls our actions. It is our body’s way of preparing us for "fight or flight."

He further explains that "…the brain becomes conditioned by either repeated encounters with stressful circumstances – or a single traumatic event – so that it will, with repeated encounters with psychosocial stressors, begin to react under emergency conditions, even when no actual emergency occurs."

Fight or flight

What does this mean for you as a student? Most of us have either encountered assault personally or know someone who has. In addition, you have seen countless acts of violence on TV and in movies. This information is recorded in the subconscious memory as non-cognitive information. If you were to be assaulted, your body would pass into the adrenaline state. The information stored in your subconscious memory would be the information that you would have available with which to defend yourself. Due to our socialization, much of the "fight or flight" response is no longer viable. Women have been told that they cannot fight or flee, so they just freeze. Even in mildly frightening situations, where no actual emergency occurs, many women find themselves frozen from fear, unable to act.

Our goal is to replace the subconscious information currently stored in your brain with clear and easy responses to most kinds of verbal or physical assault. The class conditions our brains to react appropriately in stressful situations so that we do not have to rely on inaccessible cognitive thinking.

During an adrenaline response, our perceptions are also changed temporally. Distortion of perceived time is referred to as "Tachyepsychia," sometimes called "Visual Slow Down." Nothing really slows down during this time, but so much focus is brought to bear on the emergency that there is greater detail and speed in processing the information that the brain is taking in. Events appear to move more slowly because we are processing things with more efficiency and detail.

Distances, as well as time, are distorted whenever your body is adrenalized. Since your eyes do not function as they normally would, the distance between you and your attacker appears distorted. Training in the adrenaline state and adjusting while you are still experiencing the fight trains the eye to assess correctly and work in this state. As you fight, the instructor may modify your distance or technique. The brain will receive this information and incorporate it into muscle memory.

http://www.prepareinc.com/index.html

http://breathing.com/articles/hyperv...rtial-arts.htm

Hyperventilation: Trance States and Suggestion in the Martial Arts

Paper presentation to:
    The Society of Martial Arts
    1st International Conference and Graduation
    Faculty of Sport and Exercise Science
    Manchester Metropolitan University
    11th July 1998
    © 1998 Steven T. Richards FSMA

when you're going to extremes

its adrenline!

you don't even feel pain..

Quote Originally Posted by the Preacher View Post
    its adrenline!

you don't even feel pain..
    never heard this. I like that song, thanks Preach'

Adrenaline makes you stupid and incautious.

I agree, if we could control your adrenaline, you might get some great health benefits.
    1bad65--They Call Him Ore Ida, the Tater-Terminator
    http://www.freewebs.com/shaolinninjitsu/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    We had to shut down our first Shaolin Ninjitsu in Shangdong when a key mistranslation of ancient scrolls led to the entire clan bowing down to incense and burning buddhas everywhere in the province.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    Trolling? What does fishing have to do with this?
    Ashida Kim taught me everything I ever needed to know about the missile dropkick.

Quote Originally Posted by Seppukku View Post
    Adrenaline makes you stupid and incautious.

I agree, if we could control your adrenaline, you might get some great health benefits.
    breaking your nail doesn't qualify one as experienced in the internal martial study of mastering adrenaline sissy!.

It wasn't a nail. It was a steel bolt 3 inches thick, and I ripped it in half....I didn't "break" it.

Oh, and it wasn't mine, either, which demonstrates how little regard for the law I have.
    We had to shut down our first Shaolin Ninjitsu in Shangdong when a key mistranslation of ancient scrolls led to the entire clan bowing down to incense and burning buddhas everywhere in the province.
    Ashida Kim taught me everything I ever needed to know about the missile dropkick.

It wasn't a nail. It was a steel bolt 3 inches thick, and I ripped it in half....I didn't "break" it.

Oh, and it wasn't mine, either, which demonstrates how little regard for the law I have.
    http://www.band-aid.com/ourProducts.jsp

http://www.kleenex.com/USA/products/index.aspx

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...&ct=image&cd=1

BIATCH

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    I hate white people, jews, and asians!
    Really, there's no place for this kind of hate-mongering here. This is a family site.

Really, there's no place for this kind of hate-mongering here. This is a family site.
    http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...&ct=image&cd=2