Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shuai Chiao Taipei

Shuai Chiao Taipei

What is the status of shuai chiao instruction in Taipei? I'll be heading over there in about two or so months and will be in Taipei long enough that I would love the opportunity to study shuai chiao. Any suggestions?

thanks

I live in Bangkok and am a local teacher here. I have been learning Muay Thai while I am here. I haven't bene to Taiwan yet but I have been considering teaching there perhaps soon. From what I've heard Taiwan has been taken over by TKD dojangs to the point that it's very difficult to find any classical CMA instruction. However this is only what I've heard. If anyone knows anything else please post it because I would like to know also.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!There Is only 1 STUDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can find a bunch of Tai Chi there.

Quote Originally Posted by STUDD WILSON View Post
    I live in Bangkok and am a local teacher here. I have been learning Muay Thai while I am here. I haven't bene to Taiwan yet but I have been considering teaching there perhaps soon. From what I've heard Taiwan has been taken over by TKD dojangs to the point that it's very difficult to find any classical CMA instruction. However this is only what I've heard. If anyone knows anything else please post it because I would like to know also.
    taiwan has allot of cma, I don't know what classical exactly means. Sifu Lo Man Kam has a very good school (I don't think he has retired just yet).

Hey People.....He`s asking about Shuai Ciao. Does anybody know about the Shuai Ciao situation in Taiwan?

Focus people. Focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen-frozen View Post
    Hey People.....He`s asking about Shuai Ciao. Does anybody know about the Shuai Ciao situation in Taiwan?

Focus people. Focus.
    Well, you light want to read this first:
    http://formosaneijia.com/2007/who-not-to-train-with/

It ain't pretty.
    Check out my blog on IMA: www.formosaneijia.com

Here's a list of judo clubs in taipei. Before saying "he asked about shuai jiao" blah blah", 1 judo and shuai jiao have similar skills 2 judo is an international sport so it is everywhare and there is less language barrier 3 probably more active competitors in a judo school (i did say probably)

List of Taipei judo schools
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    Here's a list of judo clubs in taipei. Before saying "he asked about shuai jiao" blah blah", 1 judo and shuai jiao have similar skills 2 judo is an international sport so it is everywhare and there is less language barrier 3 probably more active competitors in a judo school (i did say probably)

List of Taipei judo schools
    Two of those (the last two) are no longer running. There are other lists of judo clubs in Taiwan, but they're in Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by chessman71 View Post
    Two of those (the last two) are no longer running. There are other lists of judo clubs in Taiwan, but they're in Chinese.
    If I wanted to study Judo I would probably go back to Korea where most Kumdo schools train and certify you in Judo concurrently. I studied Judo in the past and if I were to continue it would probably be in Korea or Japan. It's true that Judo and Shuai Jiao are similar, as are most throwing arts, but there is no Ne Waza (ground techniques) in Shuai Jiao and the emphasis is strictly on throwing. Although I have never trained in SJ myself I have seen some video demonstrations and and the training methods more resemble hard style Chinese Kung Fu than the more "soft" way of Judo.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!There Is only 1 STUDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Hermes3x,

Ask a policeman over there. I have read that they train it. They might be able to put you on to someone.

mickey

Focus

Guys, not to be a *******, but I don't care about judo or this that and the other. I want to train shuai chiao. I asked about shuai chiao. I want answers about shuai chiao. I was excited to see my post elicited ten responses. In fact I got two good pieces of information (thank you for the taiwanneijia post and the police post) and a bunch of you guys telling me what's not in taiwan. I would prefer not to waste my time with what ain't and focus on what is. Please focus. Thank you those of you without ADD

Wang Jie is one of the only cats I would be learning under in Taiwan.
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes3X View Post
    Guys, not to be a *******, but I don't care about judo or this that and the other. I want to train shuai chiao. I asked about shuai chiao. I want answers about shuai chiao. I was excited to see my post elicited ten responses. In fact I got two good pieces of information (thank you for the taiwanneijia post and the police post) and a bunch of you guys telling me what's not in taiwan. I would prefer not to waste my time with what ain't and focus on what is. Please focus. Thank you those of you without ADD

Dude, shut up. ****ing god ****ed douche bag
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    Wang Jie is one of the only cats I would be learning under in Taiwan.
    Jake
    This is a good suggestion from Jake and is one way to go IMO. Wang doesn't teach shuaijiao, per se. But his people work out on mats and they do the throws found in taiji. Problem is, he teaches in the park (think rain) and his Mandarin is pretty difficult to understand.

Another suggestion to HermesX3 is my Martial Artists guide to Taipei:
    http://formosaneijia.com/my_products/

I have the only shuai jiao teacher in Taipei that I would recommend in there. I give an extensive bio of him, the styles he teaches, his class times, and a map to his location.

Shuai jiao just isn't what it used to be in Taiwan. There are few people openly teaching it.
    Last edited by chessman71; 02-08-2008 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes3X View Post
    What is the status of shuai chiao instruction in Taipei? I'll be heading over there in about two or so months and will be in Taipei long enough that I would love the opportunity to study shuai chiao. Any suggestions?

thanks
    http://www.changshuaichiao.com/
    dazed and confused