My girlfriend dropped me off 1 block away from my apartment. We had just gotten back from dinner. It was about 7:30 and dark out. I get out of her car and kiss her goodbye. Drives away. I start walking towards my apartment when all of a sudden 7 black kids (juveniles, all under 18) jump me (came out of the alley) and just start beating me up. I told them I didn't have any money. I didn't have my wallet or cellphone, just my keys. I start screaming for help while they are pounding me. Mostly my face. I couldn't see ****. Everything is just a blur. I just remember feeling punches from all directions. I'm screaming "help help" and then they finally run off. I get up and run and into this guy and he calls 911. Cops show up. I tell them what happened. They catch them all and I had to id them. I am a ****ing *******. I could only recognize 2 of them. So they only arrested 2 and let the rest go. All under 18. My face looks like ****. Mostly just bruising, no cuts.

I am not in pain. I am just ****ing ****ed off. I felt so helpless and couldn't do anything. My body didn't react. More than 5 years of martial art training just a waist. My legs wouldn't move. My girlfriend was driving so I wore these ****ing sandals because it was nice out. I froze. I curled up on the ****ing ground as 7 people just pounded on my face.

I am just so ****ed off. It caught me completely off guard. I never thought this could happen to me. I wish I had ran after them and just beaten the **** out of them. But I couldn't. My body froze and my mind went blank.

Unsuccessful night for them I guess. I didn't have my wallet or any other things.

Have you ever been assaulted? Robbed? How do I get over this. My heart is still racing and I can't seem to fall asleep. This was just on the side street on my apartment.

Thanks.

God I cannot fall asleep...