Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: new to the board

I don't think anyone has figured out the mechanizum that explains growth related to stress yet..on any level, let alone bone density.

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    More like the resistance of larger muscle tissue to the surrounding myofacial sheathing.

Their shouldn't be any real prolonged bruising or hematoma. Thats what the jow, massage and boiling/heating/jacuzzi of the hand is trying to avoid.
    right! ok. That makes sense. So the covering sheath of the muscle gets bruised, and heals up a little bit thicker each time. And yeah, the bruising would last long. It'd be classified as a 1st degree or grade 1 contusion. (microscopic damage/swelling, barely sore, etc.) Which is where lots of people go wrong with this type of training, going in and going crazy and bruising up really bad.

And yeah, the treatment post training is exactly right. After you train, ice for a while, then massage and heat, etc.

Actually, thinking about it right now, deep tissue massage causes microfibral abrasion on the fascia and other covers, which would loosen up the surface of them, allowing them to build up thicker, as well. Right?
    Mark

Its simple , really, In practice. Finding the science behind it won't find you any short cuts. Which is the main reason people strive to dissect it so much. The "get away with it" mentality is so American.

Like the douches on BS trying to do it without all that it entails thinking that all old practices are just there for show or for superstition.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I don't think anyone has figured out the mechanizum that explains growth related to stress yet..on any level, let alone bone density.
    Muscle hypertrophy is related to enzyme depletion in the muscle fiber, and then it refuels and crams more in the fiber. (Just learned that today )

Bone density is affected by osteoclasts/osteoblasts, which are regulated by hormones, and training with stresses on bone increase the density of the lattice pattern in bones, but you're right, I'm not sure WHY the hell the body can tell when to increase bone density. It's not like testosterone and osteoblasts have a 100% correlation, if they did, then the more test you have have, the denser your bones would be. But then again maybe that is part of it, the more volume of weight training you do, the more test is released into the blood stream.

I'm gonna have to talk to my professors about that one.

Dangit RD, you're making me use my brain
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Dude, its TCMA, over complication is gung all its own !
    Obviously this needs to be repeated.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

That's what one guy who believes in this is basically saying on BS. He can't explain it, but he says it works.

I will say that Dale's system requires more then just the jow and striking. He told the tester to not drink alcohol, not eat fried foods, no cold drinks after a workout, and to abstain from sex.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    Its simple , really, In practice. Finding the science behind it won't find you any short cuts. Which is the main reason people strive to dissect it so much. The "get away with it" mentality is so American.

Like the douches on BS trying to do it without all that it entails thinking that all old practices are just there for show or for superstition.
    Finding the science behind it helps you understand it. You can't understand it unless you know WHY it's happening. And I don't think that's the American mentality at all. I think it's the American mentality to say "I don't care how it works, as long as it works."

Perfect example: cars. Most people don't know the difference between brake fluid and gasoline. But they know how to operate cars, and use them every day. I don't like not knowing how things work.

Edit: But I see what you mean. The REAL way to go about the shortcutting, isn't really shortcutting. Just like cheat reps in the gym, they should never make the set easier, they should make it harder. If you found a way to "shortcut" to results, there's a way to work harder to obtain better results. I'm not sure if my idea coagulated properly, but... ya feelin' me? :P

And as to the shortcut business, that's the scientific method! You take something, find out why it works, apply a tweak, confirm scientific data, improve upon it, repeat. Not understanding how it works is foolish.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Takuan View Post
    And as to the shortcut business, that's the scientific method! You take something, find out why it works, apply a tweak, confirm scientific data, improve upon it, repeat. Not understanding how it works is foolish.
    This makes alot of sense. Good post.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    That's what one guy who believes in this is basically saying on BS. He can't explain it, but he says it works.

I will say that Dale's system requires more then just the jow and striking. He told the tester to not drink alcohol, not eat fried foods, no cold drinks after a workout, and to abstain from sex.
    That is part of the TCMA chi portion of IP.
    Wither you believe in cho or not is up to you, but since it really is no big deal to do what he said I don't see a problem in doing it, it certainly doens't hurt and who knows, it might actually help.
    If it doesn't, no harm done.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    That is part of the TCMA chi portion of IP.
    Wither you believe in cho or not is up to you, but since it really is no big deal to do what he said I don't see a problem in doing it, it certainly doens't hurt and who knows, it might actually help.
    If it doesn't, no harm done.
    Well first off I think chi is bunk, so if something is supposed to work and chi is a factor I tend to look at it very sceptically.

Second, Dale's way introduces alot of variables. Anyone with a scientific background will tell you that the more variables there are, the harder it is to test.

No big deal being celibate! And no cold drinks after a workout seems ridiculous as well.

As the most Adaptable animal on the planet, we respond to stresses by becoming stronger than the stress (son long as it's not great enough to break us). If we stress the muscles, they get stronger, if the stress the bones, they get stronger.

Although bones do get stronger through weight lifting, they seem to respond better to impact training (Muay Thai shins or Chinese Iron Hand for example). The Jow just speeds the process, and allows the process to be taken to a greater extent than without, that is all. In part, it's just a steroid for bones, only without negative side effects.

It's so simple everyone is missing it.

Every PROFESSIONAL Muay Thai fighter I know does not do anything to specifically condition their shins, exeption being kicking the heavy bag/pads. The master of the group (sit dragon muay thai) is from Thailand. I don't remember where I read it, but I've heard of really bad shinsplints and hairline fractures from "conditioning" the shins.
    Bless you

Well first off I think chi is bunk, so if something is supposed to work and chi is a factor I tend to look at it very sceptically.

Second, Dale's way introduces alot of variables. Anyone with a scientific background will tell you that the more variables there are, the harder it is to test.

No big deal being celibate! And no cold drinks after a workout seems ridiculous as well.
    LOL !
    Not celibate, you can have sex just don't ejaculate.

Who drinks cold drinks after a workout when room temp is better?

Nit picking bro, that is what you are doing.

RE the thread on BS.
    Talk about being behind the ball,

I did a thread on TMA years ago and it was much better.
    I had my hand X-ray before AND After ( 6 months after or something like that), I had the levels of lead tested before I started and just again last year ( no changes).
    I got my strikes measured at York Univeristy to see if there would be any change in impact force.

What has BS done?

And no cold drinks after a workout seems ridiculous as well.
    I'm not sure about water and cellular absorbtion, but I know creatine is most stably absorbed into muscle fibers at room temperature. So it would make sense that water would be more easily absorbed into muscles at room temperature.

But I'm not sure about that.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by teetsao View Post
    hello, i am new to the board and wanted to introduve myself. i study kung fu,kali and muay thai. i do not post much but try to learn from others posts.my main feild of study is iron skills.i hope to learn alot from you guys,and be able to contribute something worthwhile to the forum.
    i am the one with hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSYuOr_zfYw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqD0I...eature=related
    Look what you started !