Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: new to the board

Captain quotation strkes again ...

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    The jow being discussed on BS is Dale Dugas' stuff.
    I'm not going to sift through the 20 pages that have popped up in 4 days.

I thought Iron Bone Medicine was just a way to keep you from bruising after you impact your hands on a hard surface.....I don't recall my Iron Bone teachers mentioning that the medicine itself toughens your hands. The impact densifies your bones, the meds keep you from bruising.

It's like MT fighters who deaden their nerves by kicking banana trees so they can kick harder targets, and kick harder in general without as much self-inflicted damage.

It's like MT fighters who deaden their nerves by kicking banana trees so they can kick harder targets, and kick harder in general without as much self-inflicted damage.

Reply]
    No, it's not. You have full sensitivity in the nerves. Real IP does not deaden them at all, it strengthens the skin, fascia and muscle tissues and makes the bones much more resistant to damage by making them denser. That is the point of doing authentic IP over the lessor methods.

Just putting it out there, IP is supposed to have none of the negative effects of hard conditioning like Japanese makiwara striking. With shin conditioning, like wookie was talking about, you really do lessen the sensitivity through repeated striking. The thing is, who needs to maintain dexterity in the shin?

It should be noted that there's a difference between sensory adaptation and nerve deadening.
    Last edited by NJM; 02-17-2008 at 09:30 PM.

The thing is, who needs to maintain dexterity in the shin?

Reply]
    More like "Why deaden nerves if you don't have to?"

The technology behind Iron Palm can be used to harden the shins too.

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    Just putting it out there, IP is supposed to have none of the negative effects of hard conditioning like Japanese makiwara striking. With shin conditioning, like wookie was talking about, you really do lessen the sensitivity through repeated striking. The thing is, who needs to maintain dexterity in the shin?

It should be noted that there's a difference between sensory adaptation and nerve deadening.
    I had always heard the shin thing was about deadening the nerves.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I had always heard the shin thing was about deadening the nerves.
    Deadening the nerves, sensory adaptation...

Who cares, either way you feel less on the shin. It's just that "deadening the nerves" is when the nerves are deadened, which would really suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    I'm not going to sift through the 20 pages that have popped up in 4 days.

I thought Iron Bone Medicine was just a way to keep you from bruising after you impact your hands on a hard surface.....I don't recall my Iron Bone teachers mentioning that the medicine itself toughens your hands. The impact densifies your bones, the meds keep you from bruising.

Banana trees aren't that hard. They're actually plants and so have a soft spongy stem, not a true trunk. Kicking them is only slightly tougher than kicking a heavy bag.
    Jack Dempsey: "What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?

It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.

Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile when its bodyweight is set into fast motion."

Quote Originally Posted by MSphinx View Post
    Banana trees aren't that hard. They're actually plants and so have a soft spongy stem, not a true trunk. Kicking them is only slightly tougher than kicking a heavy bag.
    thats probably why they were chosen
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.