Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Hung Gar

Quote Originally Posted by DimMok View Post
    lkfmdc

oh no dear god please don't report me to the martial arts police.

go ahead keep flapping your face and quoting things out of context

what?? you belong to more forums?? wow if you only put that time into peddling your dvds you would probably get some where

Im sure all the members of the CKKA after 50 years are shaking in there silk pjs

Im tired of talking to haters

I think its just jealousy I dont know why some people would get all upset to this degree about another persons school.

well good luck and I hope you find what your looking for.
    well, i don't take issue with a school. Martial arts is an unregulated industry and anybody can offer and teach what they like. However, it is not cool to associate oneself with an established clan when they are not actually part of that clan, have never been invested into that clan and have no right making claim to the materials of that clan.

So, if the Chong's have a viable system of martial arts that they created and systematized and now teach and propagate, that's fine. Call it what it is that's all.

Dave can be abrasive, but if you want to shut him up, then put up the propers and that will be that.

In the meantime, that lineage chart is a huge insult as it sits at this time.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

As previously mentioned by other posters, the lineage chart is inaccurate & incorrect, as far as the Lam Gar lineage is indicated. Anyone involved in Cantonese Hung Kuen would know the flow of the chart to be incorrect. Thus, it is undoubtedly obvious that whomever put the lineage chart together is not involved in Cantonese Hung Kuen. It was probably assumed that nobody in Canada practiced Hung Kuen and, furthermore, that nobody who did so would come across the chart. Such is not the case.

It should either be amended or removed altogether. Its existence as it stands today only propogates false info and claims about an authentic & verifiable Hung Gar line.

The Chong line has a right to exist & operate, as does anybody else. People will join & follow whomever they choose. Caveat emptor.

Any group can put anything down online, but can anything be verified? Proof? If a link to Li Sai Wing (whomever that is with the Mandarin "Li" surname and Cantonese "Sai Wing" names) is claimed, so be it. At this point, his existence cannot be refuted. Nor can it be confirmed.

However, the Lam Gar should be left out of it, as it has nothing to do with the CKKA. Is Lam Jo aware of what's falsely written about his family on the lineage chart? From Lam Jo onwards to the other Sifus of the Lam Gar, do any of them even know anything about the CKKA? Do they have any get-togethers and share the same gung fu? I wonder if they'd be willing to meet members of the Lam Gar and present their lineage chart as it is and stand by their claims?

If the info is inaccurate, then it would seem that the only reason for it having been included was to mislead potential and current members by seeking recognition through association with an already long-established & reputable family line, albeit unbeknownst to them.

After all of that, nothing's going to change

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    knowing the way some pseudo-Kung-Fu people operate, it would not surprise me in the least if they wrote Li Sai-Wing, not realizing that Sai-Wing is not the surname, but Lam. I have seen this happen with people stating Hung-Ga was named after Wong Fei-Hung.
    I hope I am incorrect in this.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by DimWit View Post

And who are you to call other schools Mc dojos? You practically wish your school was a Mc dojo

Don’t worry I will buy one of your Mc Dvds from your jumping On the band wagon wanna be Mc MMA school.
    I'm sending you a dollar so you can buy a clue

LMFAO @ calling me a McDojo

I have a student who is a pro MMA fighter, just fought last weekend in Atlantic City for Lou Neglia's "Ring of Combat" - www.ringofcombat.com

I have a student who is the USKBA NATIONAL Muay Thai champion

I've had three world champs in San Da, 19 national champions

I currently have 25 active amateur fighters

Ask masterkiller, winterpalm, lama pai sifu, or a ton of others who have been in my gym - if I"m a mcdojo then the Russian tea room serves fries

LMFAO @ this pathetic loser
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Funny how everyone but "dim wit" understands what is going on here

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

However, it is not cool to associate oneself with an established clan when they are not actually part of that clan, have never been invested into that clan and have no right making claim to the materials of that clan.

So, if the Chong's have a viable system of martial arts that they created and systematized and now teach and propagate, that's fine. Call it what it is that's all.

Dave can be abrasive, but if you want to shut him up, then put up the propers and that will be that.

In the meantime, that lineage chart is a huge insult as it sits at this time.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by Tid Sin View Post

As previously mentioned by other posters, the lineage chart is inaccurate & incorrect, as far as the Lam Gar lineage is indicated. Anyone involved in Cantonese Hung Kuen would know the flow of the chart to be incorrect. Thus, it is undoubtedly obvious that whomever put the lineage chart together is not involved in Cantonese Hung Kuen. It was probably assumed that nobody in Canada practiced Hung Kuen and, furthermore, that nobody who did so would come across the chart. Such is not the case.

It should either be amended or removed altogether. Its existence as it stands today only propogates false info and claims about an authentic & verifiable Hung Gar line.

(snip)

If the info is inaccurate, then it would seem that the only reason for it having been included was to mislead potential and current members by seeking recognition through association with an already long-established & reputable family line, albeit unbeknownst to them.
    Apparently "dim wit" can't figure the above out

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    ...I have seen this happen with people stating Hung-Ga was named after Wong Fei-Hung.
    You mean it isn't?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Tid Sin View Post
    You mean it isn't?!?
    it was named after the famos Cantonese playboy So Well-Hung

Blog Entries
    Nah, thats my Korean name and you got it wrong.......

SO DAM HUNG........get it right!!!!

My Chinese name is Hung So Lo .......and i'm proud to be Hung (洪)
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

You forgot the Japanese samuari with 1 nut called Swung Too Lo.

Yeah........and Harrison Ford should get rid of Ally McBeal and go Hand Solo

William Hung? "She bangs, she bangs..."
    Last edited by Tid Sin; 04-22-2009 at 12:42 PM.

this just in!

EXCLUSIVE!

the real name of "dim wit"'s sifu

Sum Ting Wong

no dude, he lineage jumped. His real sifu was Sum Ho, Sum Ting Wong's student.

Except Sum Ho wouldn't even claim him, so that's pretty sad.

no, no, no

his teacher is the son of Sum Dum Ho.....

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I believe Sum Dum Ho's student was Doo Me Nao, who taught Hu Flung Dung. The system migrated to Viet Nam and was later taught by Suc Muc Dik.
    This style then was brought to Okinawa. One of their weapon sets, Yo Mamma Bo Kata is still practiced today.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I believe Sum Dum Ho's student was Doo Me Nao, who taught Hu Flung Dung. The system migrated to Viet Nam and was later taught by Suc Muc Dik.
    This style then was brought to Okinawa. One of their weapon sets, Yo Mamma Bo Kata is still practiced today.
    I thought the kata in rememberance of the Chinese master was still called

Yo Mamma So Dum Shi