Thread: forget lama kung fu-take boabom

forget lama kung fu-take boabom

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    naw, I just now, today, came up with a name for my own personal style:

Osowrestfujitsu(tm)

it's the bomb ass mofo martial art.

it sorta came to me last night when I was having my peeps work a deng pu type throw with a little uchi mata flavor from a standing wizzer position.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

how about the ancient roman art of makus shitus uppus? now that style is the bomb!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

martial arts , meditation, medicine,etc......

was all made up by someone. I do not understand your perspective on this subject.

What is the problem with people putting different things together that work and then practicing and teaching it??

absolutely nothing is wrong with devising an effective method of exercise or martial art and sharing it or selling it to others.

but that line gets crossed when it's gone on about 10,000 year old roots and then go on to say how china is somehow responsible for karate and taekwondo etc etc and more opposed by what is demonstrably and readily shown to disprove the gratuitously vague embellishments.

now even that might not be so bad , but then there is the co-opting of cultures that are no longer vague and creating backstory that is entirely unsourced, certainly unverifiable and definitely not accessible far enough back to be credible.

just sayin.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    absolutely nothing is wrong with devising an effective method of exercise or martial art and sharing it or selling it to others.

but that line gets crossed when it's gone on about 10,000 year old roots and then go on to say how china is somehow responsible for karate and taekwondo etc etc and more opposed by what is demonstrably and readily shown to disprove the gratuitously vague embellishments.

now even that might not be so bad , but then there is the co-opting of cultures that are no longer vague and creating backstory that is entirely unsourced, certainly unverifiable and definitely not accessible far enough back to be credible.

just sayin.
    Fair enough,thanks for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    What is the problem with people putting different things together that work and then practicing and teaching it??
    "That work" being the problem. Stringing together a load of valueless crap and passing it off as an authentic art, that's where things become problematic.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

I am noticing that there a great deal of karate guys calling their arts "kung fu" now. I met this guy who teaches shoto kan and kung fu, he tells me that he is doing tai ji quan. Now, I have studied tai ji quan for over 10 years now and I should know that difference between shoto kan being done slow and real taiji , right? This guy told me it was a secret family style taught to him by someone. Anyway I just had to leave other wise I would have done something or said something I should not .