Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HGH, is it a big deal?

HGH, is it a big deal?

Well, it's been in sports news, and it allowed Sylvester Stallone to look buff in his new Rambo movie. But is HGH such a bad thing? From what I've researched about HGH, it's not bad for you at all. The reason people were having problems with it in the beginning was because the dosages were too high or administered improperly. Doctors couldn't gauge how much was too much. Now there's homeopathic formulas that are extremely health promoting. http://www.roaringlionpublishing.com...egory_Code=HGH Just look at Barry Bonds. Apparently, HGH was the only substance he and athletes like Roger Clemens were using after a while (steroids have lost a great deal of popularity because of it). So what's the big deal? It's a substance your body creates already, you're just adding to it. This can be especially good for people over 40 since they are creating about half their body's Human Growth Hormone at this point (hence the term, "over the hill"). This becomes obvious when people start losing their hair, and no matter how hard they seem to try, they can't get rid of that gut. This is because your body isn't creating as much HGH, and it will decrease it's output all the way until you die. Any comments?
    Last edited by Siu Lum Fighter; 02-15-2008 at 12:36 PM.
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)

I think the issue of Steriods is the negative effects, not the performance enhancing.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    I think the issue of Steriods is the negative effects, not the performance enhancing.
    Its not a steroid.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

HGH has also been known to make everything grow ... including the bones of the skull and cancerous tumors. i dont recal if that only in overly large doses or not.

prohormones are generally considered a bit safer than straight test. this is a subject i've read very little on, but basically prohormones are naturally occuring precursors to hormones like testosterone. the prohormones by themselves do nothing, however the body can readily convert them to test as needed. this is considered safer as the body wont produce more test than it can handle which seems to have eliminated side effects though there isn't a lot of long term research on it. actually, i dont know if there's any at all.

in any case, steroids, hgh, and prohormones all have their positives and negatives just like any other drug. properly monitored, they are safer than a lot of things that you can buy over the counter. of course if they're abused, they are going to have side effects. i was watching a show the other day, and one of the guys who has done a lot of work with prohormones said he's seen plenty of good come out of synthetic anabolics. he said that there are more than a few guys, who worked their asses off but hit a platue limmited by their genetics that they just couldnt get over. they do one cycle on the anabolics and bam .... something in their body clicks .. they break the platue ... and thats it for them. unfortunately these guys are the exception rather than the norm, but it goes to show that if used responsibly these drugs have value. this guy also made the point that steroids and hormones need to be put back in the hands of doctors and taken off the black market.
    where's my beer?

Maybe I should clarify. When I said, "steroids have lost a great deal of popularity because of it," I meant because of HGH. Many athletes have realized that it's the much healthier alternative to taking roids. This has probably helped it to become the $2 billion industry that it is now.
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)

HGH is much more expensive than steroids and the HGH "stimulators" are dubious at best.
    Fact is, anytime you put soemthing into your body that your body naturally produces, you are going against nature and as such, you will pay a price, both good and bad.
    Now, Stallone and pro athletes have the $$$ do get these things done the right way and are montiored and as such the side effects are controlled, dosages are controlled, its a whole different thing compared to "popping" some pills or injection something ourselves.

It can run close to 10K per month for HGH shots from a qualified physician.
    Perhaps more, perhaps less.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

On that site you linked. that guy that is 58 and had that crazy change in just 4 months.

Kinda makes it all look like one of those fake infomercial deals.....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

gowth hormone is widely used to grow farm animals, cows, chicken, pigs etc.

it is also used to grow fruits and vegetables so that they grow faster and bigger.

if you use it too much when you are growing up, you may become an giant.

yes, they are used for athletes for improving performances.

as pointed out, if it is not monitored and "controlled" closely, things may grow out of hand.

some local growth factor may heal blood vessel, skin, nerves etc from injury and stroke etc.

they are called so and so trophic factors.

--

using them to heal or treat sickness is a big field in medicine.

the most successful one is erythropoetin or grow red blood celles for anemia.

--

It's actually pretty badass if you can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Its not a steroid.
    It is pretty darn close. A steroid is just a synthetic hormone, while HGH is a compunded hormone. A prohormone is a chemical which triggers your body to produce more hormones of a particular type.

They can all be used incorrectly and cause problems. Unless you are a pro athlete or a movie star with loads of cash and a semi-crooked Doctor or trainer to monitor and supply the dosage, it is best to avoid steroid related products.

If you are just an old guy and want a slight boost, there are hormone clinics all over that can supply testosterone cream, or pellets.

when i'm sixty i'll use hgh

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    when i'm sixty i'll use hgh
    when im 60 ill drink a lot and lift. wait ....
    where's my beer?

If you need performance enhancing drugs to do something, then what you are doing is false at the core.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Martial arts masters have been using Ginseng and Bee Pollen for countless generations to improve thier ablities.

What is Bee Pollen really? It's a super nutritionally dense vitamin supplement made by bees.

Ginseng is a yummy tea that has tonic and adaptagenic properties.

ginseng is not to be taken when you are young and healthy.

you would get too much yang and fire.

however, when you are weak and sick and yes genseng would boost your immune system, memory etc.

honey bee would be good for your lung.

help with your air/qi.

it is qi booster.