Thread: Visiting Houston - Traditional wushu?

Hybrid View

Visiting Houston - Traditional wushu?

Visiting Houston this March for job interviews. Can anyone recommend some traditional wushu schools in Houston area that I can visit and try? Other than the ones run by Shaolin monks please. Thanks.

Just curious. Why would you not want to visit those schools?

Because I've seen Charles Graham perform gunshu (staff) and that is the wushu I like.

Quote Originally Posted by zhugeliang View Post
    Because I've seen Charles Graham perform gunshu (staff) and that is the wushu I like.
    Ooooooo-kay? So, you know of a guy that you like... in houston! So then what are you asking?

Let me ask something. Did you come on here and post this question just to make a point that you dont like the monks?
    Last edited by HtownShaolinBum; 02-19-2008 at 01:44 AM.

Yes he is in Houston but I want to know of others like him. I am asking for information and I am not interested in debates about liking or not liking someone or some particular group.

There are many Kung Fu Teachers in H-town. I have met Charles Graham he has judged me in a few tournaments and I have seen him perform and he is good and a real nice guy. But in my perspective, and I am not trying to start a flame war or anything like that, someone who has exclusively practiced Kung Fu from the tender age of 5 or 6 years old day in and day out has a lot more knowledge and experience to offer than many of the other teachers in Houston. Why not at least give one of the Monk's schools a try but I would also encourage you to try as many as you like to find the one teacher you are comfortable with because after all that is what it boils down to.