Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't know if it's been posted yet - Kimbo vs. Tank Abbot

Don't know if it's been posted yet - Kimbo vs. Tank Abbot

"If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Back to the barstool for tank.

Looks like he was there to collect a check and get back in a hurry to watching last seasons Desperate Housewives that he got from Netflix.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Is there anyone in the world that thought Kimbo would lose.

Kimbo is scary. It will take someone with some serious technique to take out that beast.

Greetings,

Found a better view on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_fudcy7I9s

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by HtownShaolinBum View Post
    Is there anyone in the world that thought Kimbo would lose.

Kimbo is scary. It will take someone with some serious technique to take out that beast.
    If he fought a real opponent right now he would more than likely lose, BUT in a year or four he should be a force.

Quote Originally Posted by zapruder_bjj View Post
    If he fought a real opponent right now he would more than likely lose, BUT in a year or four he should be a force.
    True dat. Kimbo has been working hard on improving his technique according to interviews, so he should be pretty bad-A.

What he needs to do first though is learn how to NOT hit your opponent in the back of the head repeatedly while they are down.

Quote Originally Posted by HtownShaolinBum View Post
    What he needs to do first though is learn how to NOT hit your opponent in the back of the head repeatedly while they are down.

He's a street fighter.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

just put him i the ring with fidor already and get it over with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    just put him i the ring with fidor already and get it over with.
    LOL. Right.

Kimbo hasn't even fought a top 20 fighter yet.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

exactly, kimbo is all hype. he hasnt fought anyone good yet. he might be good against the amatures but who knows against the good guys.

i mean tank abbot. come on, he was "good" 10 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Kimbo's training and workin' hard. He fights whoever the hell they tell him to. Him dropping Tank and the other fool they gave him is a sign to elitexc to give him people that don't suck.

But EliteXC is gonna match him up with whoever is going to draw the biggest crowd. Next I'm assuming is Shamrock.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Takuan View Post

But EliteXC is gonna match him up with whoever is going to draw the biggest crowd. Next I'm assuming is Shamrock.

Haha, hopefully not Ken. Does he still fight anymore?

But yeah, you guys are right. Kimbo has not fought any top notch fighters yet. But I think that they are just testing the waters with him. And with how easily he beat Tank, I think that the message is clear, GIVE HIM A BETTER OPPONENT.

But yeah, Kimbo, once properly trained and gotten out of his streetfight mentality, he could be a great fighter. I'll be tuning in, ON YOUTUBE THAT IS!

Meh.
    Would rather see Kimbo duke it out street style really.
    The MMA stuff is kinda childish and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by banditshaw View Post
    Meh.
    Would rather see Kimbo duke it out street style really.
    The MMA stuff is kinda childish and boring.
    Yeah, there is alot of hype and buildup for usually very short matches. And I cringe alot of the time at seeing these two sweaty men rolling around on the ground together. But I still catch the highlights on the ole YOUTUBE.

And yeah, I like the bareknuckle boxing matches, but hey, the man has to eat, and I doubt there is any money in streetfights.