Thread: sanda in austin

sanda in austin

are there any really good sanda schools in austin? there is a person i know on a different forum looking for a martial arts school in that area and wants to learn the fighting but not necessarily the forms and whatnot.

I know the instructor of this school has a san da program or was starting one.
    http://austinkungfuacademy.com/ He teaches Choy li fut but does more application and fighting than forms.

That's the only school I know of that does San Da.

He's on the forum so maybe he'll pop in.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

cool. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    http://austinkungfuacademy.com/ He teaches Choy li fut but does more application and fighting than forms.

That's the only school I know of that does San Da.

He's on the forum so maybe he'll pop in.
    That's yutyeesam's website.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    Yeah, he's my Sifu, and although I haven't been able to jump in on any of his Sanda classes down in Austin (he used to teach in IL), I can tell you it'll be a great Sanda class for sure.

They are part of the San Da Training Systems Network, which means while YutYeeSam hasn't done the instructor's training camp yet, he is incorporating some of our material and ideas into his program and his program is supported by the organization. Check him out!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Not sure what style of KF they do, but some guys from Tom Goering's school showed up to the Throwdowns here. They are good guys and do spar.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Tom Goering's school is Tai Chi and Hung gar.
    As far as I know they don't have a San Da Program.
    Also I am skeptical about the quality of their kung fu.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

there is no sanda program at Gohring. sparring is also sparse

Blog Entries
    Yup, our focus is pad/bag work with the CLF elements, reaction drills, clinching and throwing (big thanks to NY Sanda for enhancing my curriculum on that), and conditioning.

I do teach forms, but in a separate program.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeong View Post
    Yeah, he's my Sifu, and although I haven't been able to jump in on any of his Sanda classes down in Austin (he used to teach in IL), I can tell you it'll be a great Sanda class for sure.
    Jeong

Champaign is my hometown, what martial arts are you doing there? Any Shaolin there now?