Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona Mantis

Three Harmonies have you personally trained with Joseph Eagar? cause if not it sounds like you don't know what you're talking about. I have seen his students perform intermediate level 7 star mantis traditional forms but I guess you're an expert on him.

Well yes I have bro. I cannot speak for his students. I cannot speak for anything other than my experience, conversations etc with him. He is wushu. When I trained with him he really did not know any app's at all. Nice flowery forms, but nothing behind them. Again perhaps he has picked up something since then.
    Don't get your panties in a bunch because I call your teacher a wushu stylist, as I do not even consider it a bad thing. Take your little bull**** attitude elsewhere junior.

Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

three harmonies

here is a video if his student performing tiger swallows http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X70PyKeQTDk which is a traditional intermediate 7 star mantis form. sifu eagar is not my teacher so don't get it confused why i'm defending him. I have noticed on these forums there are a lot of guys like you threeharmonies who think you're this top level practicioner and are an expert on subjects you're not. It's easy for you to talk smack on a forum and never show anything of what you practice yourself. Obviously for you to bring up talking bad about an instructor out of nowhere and for no reason shows you're the one with the bullsh** attitude. I am not a junior as i'm probably a lot older then you are, which by the way you sound is probably around 18 or younger. Eagar teaches internal arts completely not wushu related along with applications. So go back to your high school class your teacher is calling and keep your opinions on instructors you trained a week with or at college to yourself. I'm done with this thread so even if you reply you wont hear back from me, I don't feel like arguing with someone I don't know.

even better. Not your teacher. Never touched hands with him. Never spent a minute under him. Yet you argue something based on video off the net of his STUDENT doing a FORM!!??!!??! Jesus why do I bother....
    You can find me all over bro. A bit older than 18. Never proclaimed to be anything other than a student. Never bad mouthed Eager either. If me calling him wushu (which he is) is negative, that is your own opinion your are imposing on the conversation. I think Joe is actually quite good at what he does, wushu.
    But what the hell do I know. I have only trained with the guy. You have seen a video of his student so..............
    You would think someone much older than me would be more intelligent and have an understanding of how to carry a conversation. What one gets for assuming

Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

Three Harmonies

I meant i'm not a student of Joseph Eagar's currently. I train in another system with a different instructor now but I was a student of Joe's for quite a while. I have only based what I said from personal experience. The one good thing I will say threeharmonies is I checked out the website for your school and it looks good i'm glad you have a great place to train. I will agree to the extent that Eagar's main focus is contemp. wushu. That's not something i'm denying at all. good luck with life and your training ThreeHarmonies. Take care.
    Last edited by shaolin_allan; 02-29-2008 at 10:30 AM.

I have to agree with these gentleman Jake. You come across extremely crass on many of your posts. Too bad for this mantis board if you chased these guys off, they sounded like fellows I`d like to hear from or help.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

yu shan

It's ok yu shan I have learned it is completely pointless to argue on these forums anyways. By the way your school site is one of the nicest mantis websites I have ever seen. I have not heard of Pong Lai Wu Ji Tang Lang Men before. Could you please share some details of the system with us as in comparison to other mantis systems?

"Number one Eager is wushu. Period. Unless he has trained traditional stuff in the last 6 or so years since I have seen him. Sorry to burst any bubbles."

Yu Shan- I look forward to you explaning what is crass about the above comment?

I am trying to help. If a guy wants traditional stuff, and he is going to a wushu stylist how is it crass to tell him otherwise? I bet you would not have the same attitude if someone wanted to train wushu and so they were going to check you out, and I told them that Pong Lai is traditional Mantis, would you

Shaolin Allan -
    So now you are telling me he is Wushu! Dude what is the deal? Why start an argument with me, and then tell me I am right?????? I never even said anything negative about Joe for christ sake! I don't get you guys on this board. If my opinions are not wanted, just say so. But why get on a forum, ask an opinion, berate a guy when he gives, then turn around and agree with him! In psychology that is considered a personality disorder. On KFO it is par for the course.

Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

Threeharmonies

Dude do you even read what I post? I said Eagar's MAIN focus is contemp. wushu. It does not mean he doesn't teach traditional stuff as well. You give your opinions at times when they were never asked for, who asked for your opinion?. I am saying Eagar teaches traditional also, he teaches a mix. Do not put words in our mouths. We have already moved past this anyways apparently you can give opinions but can't seem to handle them from people like yu shan. I never started an argument with you, you were the one who began it. All I did was post some info on a couple schools and you began giving your opinions. Yes you did say bad things about Eagar,
    "When I trained with him he really did not know any app's at all. Nice flowery forms, but nothing behind them." I would consider this bad. It doesn't matter anyways. I tried to end this on a good note with you but you seem to not be letting this go so i'm going to. Let's just move on to other forums and end this, it doesn't even matter anyways.

I believe on a public forum when someone asks "opinions" from others that we are all entitled to share our own personal opinions no? Sorry you feel I disrespected someone, but I stated my experience with Eager. Just because you do not agree/like it does not mean I cannot post it.
    I certainly can handle opinions from anyone, hence me asking Yu Shan to explain his words. Simple.
    This board has become so vaginized it is not even funny. A public forum where people can post opinions, as long as they concur with everyone elses Sad.
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

SA

Thank you for the props on the site, but I really need to give it some updates. My website takes a back seat to the more important aspects of my life. I have a family and a job, and I must take care of my Shifu. Part of taking care of my Shifu is mastering the material taught to me, it is expected of me. Ask your questions about our tanglang to my teacher.

Please visit: www.plumflowermantisboxing.com

Enjoy my Shifu site.

3 harm, try re-reading your posts, you have a lot of negative energy. I use to also, until my teacher beat it out of me. Now let`s look on the bright side of things. You have a great teacher Hu Xilin, be like your teacher, he is a wonderful humble man. BTW, why dont you ever speak of you teacher here? Master Hu is a good man, you should try and emulate him.

Jim

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

You can refer to me by my name Yu Shan, we know each other. Sorry if my negative energy is affecting all.
    Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

Jake

I have my days, life is hard but good. I look at this life of mine as a dance, and I only get one chance at it. Jake you have a lot of qualities, as a teacher I think it is your responsibility to pass on these treasures you have learned. Try and help these younger brothers, you have good knowledge. Remember that old song from the 70`s... "dont worry, be happy".

Jim

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

You sound very wise yourself also yu shan i'm sure you'd make a good teacher as well. How long have you studied mantis for?

I do try. Just because I am honest does not mean anything negative. People only want to hear what they want to hear.
    Still waiting to understand how my comments were so crass, and negative!?

Cheers
    Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com