Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A thought provoking Royal Dragon E-mail

Caveasaurus Combat goes back at least 160,000 to 180,000 years and possibly further if it was actually developed by pre Homosaipen humans (Neanderthal, Cromagnon etc...).

Modern man emerged roughly 180,000 to 200,000 years ago depending on what archaeological source you are siting. Pre Homosaipien humans actually go back several millions of years though, and Cavesaurus Combat may very well be that old.

Also, some version or another of the 3 original empty hand techniques exists in just about every art, proving they all descended from Cavasaurus Combat; thus proving it is the undisputed original martial art style.

You just cannot beat that type of authenticity.

The problem is that most of the Islam/Muslim we see has a very violent, domineering bent to it and is filled with putrid, senseless hatred. That bent to it is much more vocal and in your face, and it obscours other facets,

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Miles View Post
    The founding fathers of our country were mostly diests who had a great respect for classical Greek philosophy.

Philosophy they would not have had access to had the Muslims not preseved it. In fact they preseved philosphies that directly contradicted the Quran. Spanish Guitar and most European medical advances came through the Muslims who were proponents of science. They also peacefully coexisted with Christians in Spain.

Muslims had an influence in most art, music and literature enjoyed by the world today. Romeo and Juliet? Taken from the Arabs. Coffee, frankinscence, myrh, all discovered by muslims. Ginger in food? Thank the Muslims. Chivalry? Preseved medical works of Greece? Its likely that your martial art was influenced or preserved by muslims. Many trusted and respected Chinese were Hui including Zheng He, the famous navigator. Chinese find Islam to be very compatable with Confuciansim and Muslims find Taoist philosophy to be the most compatable with Islam.

In fact, Islam is more alligned with traditional American values than Christianity. Islam permits one to defend oneself and ones family and infact encourages you to defend yourself and your property. It also encourages a direct personal relationship with God, with no intercessors. No mullahs, no demi god. No middleman. Culturally Saudi's may do this, but it is culture and not the religion or philosophy of Islam.

The majority of Muslims on Earth are not Arabs, they are Asian. And they don't care at all about mullahs. When you say Muslims can't be American you are saying that people of every nation who follow a particular religion can't be American. This is an unAmerican statement. America is based on certain princibles, freedom of religion is one of them. Many muslims come to America to practice their religion freely which they can not do in their own countries.

I have American Muslim friends who are proud and patriotic. I have one friend who suspected election fraud in the last election. He took action and created a voting system that is fraud proof which major experts in the US and abroad are hailing. His religion taught him patience and service to his community and country.

Islam forbids debt, credit cards, ideas in line with ussury laws in early America. Since those have been revoked, the divide between rich and poor is ever widening.

Most Muslims don't go converting people. They don't want Americans to convert to Islam so much as the simply live by the Christianity they claim to be apart of.

Living with Saudies does not make you an expert on one of the largest religions on Earth.
    LOL....don't make the mistake of thinking that because the Moors and the Muslims "preserved" these texts that they held them in high regard. Several attempts were made to destroy the ones they had in hand; and you can read Averroes' (pretty much a sceptic in his day..who once said Judaism is the religion of little children; Christinanity that of impossibility; and Islam is the religion of pigs...LOL...) successful attempt to protect them in the Tahafut al-Tahafut. The Muslims loved to burn books, just like Christian rabble that sent Alexandria up in flames....and Averroes and his crew barely saved Aristotle from the firepits.

BTW, don't romance either side's role in history. Islam is just as shitty....I mean, shady as Christianity, and both of them have equally ridiculous religions with equally ridiculous beliefs, with equally violent, opressive, and hateful histories (although, like I said before, both have good aspects as well--but they had nothing to do with the religion itself, so much as what it facilitated through a "coordinated group effort"). As a footnote to bring the issue down a peg, though, Islam only detests usury because it isn't particularly fond of the Jews (seemingly the only ethnic group of the region with that financial power). As for Islam being more in line with America's Constitutional principles.....yeah, and that's why we based our models of government on the "englightened" socieites of the Tigris and Euphrates....LOL.....that's a joke. I don't doubt you have a patriotic Muslim friend, just like I don't doubt that my father is a patriot and a Christian. But their religions have nothing to do with patriotic zeal, despite the fact their religions preach it. We don't stone people for cussing at their parents, or committing adultery, or bowing down before golden calves. And we don't make people wear birkas.

Jesus rode a donkey over palm leaves, Mohammed rode one into heaven.

Personally, I think whoever rides on either of their coattails is an ass.

As for Asians being Islamic.......well, there are lots of countries that speak French (le monde francophone) who are not French by nationality. Why is that?
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 02-24-2008 at 11:19 AM.

Okay, I'll answer. Like the French who colonized Africa and East Asia, it was through a combination of conquest and trade (the Indian muslims controlled a great deal of trade in Asia). There were always motivations that influenced conversion far beyond the tenets of Islam, Christianity, etc. Let's not get too misty-eyed for the days of yore.

Attn: Rd

Oh, and RD.......

You still didn't see a UFO.

You still didn't see a UFO

Reply]
    Actually, they reopened my case because the object I saw has been seen by others in recent months as well as mile long Triangles.

What I saw may not have been piloted by little green men, but it was an object I cannot identify (apparently no one else can either), and it was flying. Also, others have been seeing it of late now too.

A couple of guys were

Eating in a chinese restaurant and they started talking about religion. In fact they started talking about Jews and Judaism. "Wow" said one of the guys,"There sure are alot of jews in the world". "No doubt",said the other guy,"we got american jews and polish jews and russian jews and italian jews and french jews and even british jews". "WAIT!!" Says the other guy " I wonder if there are any CHINESE JEWS?" "Well" says the second guy " We're in a chinese joint, lets ask?"
    So one of the guys calls over the waiter and asks him "uhh sir we have been talking about religion and all the jews in the world and we were wondering if there are any Chinese Jews?" The Chinese waiter looks at the guy and says "Hold on i will go check". He is gone for a moment and then returns with a big smile on his face and says " Im so sorry sir but we do not have any chinese jews, we have orange juice, grape juice and apple juice".

BADUMBUM Shhhhhh!! TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    Eating in a chinese restaurant and they started talking about religion. In fact they started talking about Jews and Judaism. "Wow" said one of the guys,"There sure are alot of jews in the world". "No doubt",said the other guy,"we got american jews and polish jews and russian jews and italian jews and french jews and even british jews". "WAIT!!" Says the other guy " I wonder if there are any CHINESE JEWS?" "Well" says the second guy " We're in a chinese joint, lets ask?"
    So one of the guys calls over the waiter and asks him "uhh sir we have been talking about religion and all the jews in the world and we were wondering if there are any Chinese Jews?" The Chinese waiter looks at the guy and says "Hold on i will go check". He is gone for a moment and then returns with a big smile on his face and says " Im so sorry sir but we do not have any chinese jews, we have orange juice, grape juice and apple juice".

BADUMBUM Shhhhhh!! TWS
    Nice :P Didn't they use that bit in "18 fingers of death" too?
    "Prepare your mind..." "For a mind explosion!"
    -The Human Giant, Illusionators

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post

BADUMBUM Shhhhhh!! TWS
    lol!!! nice to see I wasn't the only one thinking of that joke wilst reading this thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it