Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Grandmaster of WCK

Another Grandmaster of WCK

"From a psychological point of view, demons represent the universal equivalents of the dark, cruel, animal depths of the mind. When we as martial artists are preparing ourselves to overcome our fear of domination at the hands of an opponent, we must go deep within our inner being and allow the darkest parts of ourselves to be revealed. In order to battle the monsters in an abyss, we must sometimes unleash the demon within" http://darkwingchun.wordpress.com/

If we westernize the Si-To relationship into the master/apprentice paradigm in trade and craft, and we accept the usage of the parent to grand parent progression, then sifu being master, sigung (sifu's sifu) would be grand-master (and sijo would be ancestral master).

If we westernize to the master/slave paradigm, in language (and worse, behavior), then we need startling intervention, asap.

So, using westernized terms like master or grandmaster, while counter to the familial convention of Chinese martial arts, and more than a wee bit pretentious in common usage (like a judge calling himself "My Honor"), could be useful in an archaic or commercial marketing sense.

For most, I think sifu, sigung, etc., properly and familial-ly expressed, is probably better karma.

That guy was a nut! not in a good way
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

OTT man ~!

"without any shadow of a doubt he is the pinnacle of the martial arts in the entire world"
    Gotta love his devotion.....

Id love to set a match between him and GSP or Chuck just to set the record straight on that one LOL.
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

the mind boggles................

Well, if that's not a joke - I don't know what is.

Too funny. Love the Chi Blasts and when he throws the guy in the water.

Kenton
    Last edited by couch; 02-23-2008 at 09:20 AM.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    Well, if that's not a joke - I don't know what is.

Too funny. Love the Chi Blasts and when he throws the guy in the water.

Kenton
    But, yeah, okay:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyt8A...eature=related

Good stuff.
    Last edited by couch; 02-23-2008 at 09:21 AM.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

I'm assuming that is Sid Sofos based on what I've heard about him!!

His brother Andrew Sofos doesn't speak to him and he seems normal compared to Sid Sofos.

I have heard rumours that Sid Sofo's was arrested for masturbating in public but i'm not sure if that is true!!

Give me a break! What is he....the "Grandmaster" of the "Brooklyn Shuffle" style of Wing Chun?

Question Two kinds of laws

I don’t believe this is happening, and I can’t even get away with sarcasm without my post being deleted…

Mercy gentleman mercy, just have mercy…

Ali Rahim.

Question Grandmaster, Master and Sifu…

I don’t use the title for religious reason, but was cursed with it anyway… I’m not being funky or anything like that, but it seems that only the ones that has not fell in line within an authentic system to have such a title given to them through hard work (which are a lot of them out there), are the ones that have difference or somewhat negative energy towards them (titles)…

Most will never get pass sifu, yet alone make master…

Not because their sifu says so, but their own ability will tell on them also (lazy, want something for nothing), and just want nothing more but being down through association…

No true fighting skills...

Ali Rahim.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 02-23-2008 at 02:02 PM.

Wow,

The man has a home page too:

http://www.thesijo.com/home.htm

A true practioner of self-love it seems...
    Last edited by UKBBC; 02-23-2008 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    I don’t believe this is happening, and I can’t even get away with sarcasm without my post being deleted…

Mercy gentleman mercy, just have mercy…

Ali Rahim.

---I don't think the reaction that you see here is due to the fact that he carries the title of "Grandmaster." I think the reaction here is due to his shameless self-aggrandizement and self-promotion. When someone comes across as he did in those videos, it has "charlatan" written all over it! I have no problem with the legitimate use of the term "Grandmaster", although as Rene pointed out there are numerous ways to define the term. In your case Ali, it certainly sounds legit and I don't recall you ever coming across like Sid Sofos did in those videos.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    ,,,although as Rene pointed out there are numerous ways to define the term. In your case Ali, it certainly sounds legit and I don't recall you ever coming across like Sid Sofos did in those videos.
    I understand what you’re saying and didn’t really mean any harm… But just those who don’t or will never have that title (Master or Grandmaster) within their reach, wishes to modify of change that ideal, and it’s like that on every forum that I’ve visit…

To me, that’s a slap in the face to all the families of different wing chun greats, who follows the ideal of line-lineage (next in line to carry on)…

Just out of respect alone to those wing chun families that are legitimate and good wing chun practitioners, we should reframe from having such ideals which are expressed to the public…

And when someone who hates or somewhat dislike the title ideal (well just the part that they’re never reach) and is an wing chun figure who people looks up to, then the same thing that one is trying to point out to others about the title ideal, falls right back into their own laps, and that’s like the pot calling the kettle black…

By making such statements, sifu is just as worst or bad as “Grandmaster” or “Master”…

There are Really some real BS sufus out there too…

Ali Rahim.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 02-25-2008 at 09:10 AM.

Forgive me if I was too harsh…

Ali Rahim.