Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Grandmaster of WCK

Making of Master

If one really trains hard, and listen then comprehends what is taught and can display what he has learned, then to others it’s about one self rather then the long years of comprehension and hard work (especially for those who don’t work hard)...

Because when one has failed just about every physical endeavor that there wing chun has asked them to, their hearts become harden when they see those who can execute…

When one can understand wing chun and the “Kune kuit” when watching a grandmaster or master in action, then they will look beyond just movement… Its not about what one can do physically, its about what one truly understand…

And If one can understand that concept then one should understand that one has to be a mind reader to measure ones skill within the “Kune kuit”, because the “Kune kuit” is never seen (only by the trained eye), but only felt (just like good wing chun should be)…

Religion or anything has nothing to do with it, comprehension and hard work then execution, when one cannot execute then one will find all kinds of excuses to show their prowess over those who can execute…

The reason why one cannot execute, is because ones comprehensions is not truly there yet, and they are trying to move well beyond their means OR UNDERSTANDING... Hence; always needing something to supplement their so-called strong understanding of the art, BS

Ali Rahim
    Last edited by Ali. R; 02-25-2008 at 11:10 AM.

Making of Master 2

If one cannot master his physical realms in the art he has a title in, and has not truly pass the entire concept’s (physically) of their art in practice or being able to really fight with the art in question…

Then it will be many more years before one can related to the “Kune Kuit”, with their narrow understanding of such basic things as structure, movements, distance and energies ect...

If one cannot master his physical realms then the mind set will always drop the physical ideal or application, then mastery will always be out of the question…

A true master does not fight with force or with just movements, when one truly understands; the older man will nearly always defeat the younger man…

When one masters his physical realms, that knowledge will become second nature in which he will carry with him into his latter days having a database of instinctive memory with physical attributes…

And his thoughts will become clean as glass when executing...

Ali Rahim.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 02-25-2008 at 03:54 PM.

Im finding it hard to believe he is for real. If you can imagine this guy as a Chris Morris creation, it is comedy genius.

You could do better then that...

Quote Originally Posted by petervasylenko View Post
    Im finding it hard to believe he is for real. If you can imagine this guy as a Chris Morris creation, it is comedy genius.
    Could you please point out the inconsistencies of my posting, I’m’ sure you can, especially to make such a statement like that?

Maybe it will be a little hard for you to so, considering that your statement makes no sense at all, that's like fixing a computer with a hammer (having no premise)...

Could you tell us what you have experience in you 30 years of training, I’m sure you know what makes a “Master” am I right?…

Ali Rahim.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 02-26-2008 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    Could you please point out the inconsistencies of my posting, I’m’ sure you can, especially to make such a statement like that?

Maybe it will be a little hard for you to so, considering that your statement makes no sense at all, that's like fixing a computer with a hammer (having no premise)...

Ali Rahim.
    Lighten up Ali! I took the poster to be referring to the video of Sid Sofos that started this whole thread!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Lighten up Ali! I took the poster to be referring to the video of Sid Sofos that started this whole thread!
    I’m sorry, I may have made a mistake, I’m not for sure though…

I have no problem with anyone on this thread; the subject of master came up so I elaborated on what I feel a master is, that’s all… I haven’t attack anyone, but yet I’m under attack or not...

This whole thing is not about me I’m sure of that… But the way the post felled right under mine and without a quote of the post he was referring too…

Why should I waste my time dragging someone through the mud?
    Last edited by Ali. R; 02-26-2008 at 09:14 AM.

Making of Master 3

Confidence and perseverance plays a major roll in your development; don’t get distracted, master the level that you’re on and nothing more… In this twisted world today that we live in, people are judging some base on what they think one can’t do or understand… In other words it’s not how good you are, but how good one can become…

Ali Rahim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    … In other words it’s not how good you are, but how good one can become…
    Power and the Will = Vision?!

I was once asked to make a name card for a Chinese Wing Chun Kuen teacher. He'd trained under his teacher for a dozen or so years, and after moving away, continued training and teaching for two dozen more.

I set up the card under the name "Sifu" (in Chinese and English).

Upon reviewing the draft, the gentleman requested a change. He wanted a different set of characters used, which meant "transmitter"

He said "My sifu is still alive, and so he is the sifu, I am merely a transmitter of sifu's knowldge".

30+ years in and he was a merely "transmitter", yet in the West we have magazine after webpage of nascent "Masters", "Grandmasters", "Demi Gods" and more...

Rene,

I'm a coach. My guys are part of a team. My goal is to get them better and get them to be able to coach, so they can help all of us get better.

I have no use for 'master'.

Andrew

Hi Rene, can you direct me to or email me the Chinese character for transmitter? I could only find transmit in my dictionary. I like the term coach that Ernie uses.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by reneritchie View Post
    I was once asked to make a name card for a Chinese Wing Chun Kuen teacher. He'd trained under his teacher for a dozen or so years, and after moving away, continued training and teaching for two dozen more.

I set up the card under the name "Sifu" (in Chinese and English).

Upon reviewing the draft, the gentleman requested a change. He wanted a different set of characters used, which meant "transmitter"

He said "My sifu is still alive, and so he is the sifu, I am merely a transmitter of sifu's knowldge".

30+ years in and he was a merely "transmitter", yet in the West we have magazine after webpage of nascent "Masters", "Grandmasters", "Demi Gods" and more...

....and unfortunately these "Masters","Grand Masters" & so on, are Transmitters too, that is, transmitters of many of the misunderstanding and misconceptions that one sees in the MA world in general and sometimes even in forums such as these.

It is a sad state of affairs and where and when will it end?

Very good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    Hi Rene, can you direct me to or email me the Chinese character for transmitter? I could only find transmit in my dictionary. I like the term coach that Ernie uses.
    It is my understanding that the term "master" has a far deeper meaning than just coach.

Quote Originally Posted by HardWork8 View Post
    It is my understanding that the term "master" has a far deeper meaning than just coach.
    I looked up Master in my Cantonese dictionary and one of the defintions was Sifu. Though I'm considered a Master, I introduce myself as Sifu.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr