Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personality Types on this forum

Personality Types on this forum

Copied and pasted from the Southern Forum. A bunch of people come to mind upon reading this. What do you guys think? Feel free to list the people you think belong to a certain personality type. Have fun...

"Why people are rude or harass online?

The online “Disinhibition” effect: People say and do things in cyberspace that they wouldn’t ordinarily say or do in the face-to-face world because of:

Anonymity: “You don’t know who I am!”

Invisibility: “You can’t see me!”

Delayed reactions: “You won’t respond to me right away.”

Attempt to equalize status: “I am significant when I am in control, or have equal power to you.”

Personality styles: “That’s just the way I am. I won’t change for anybody!”

“Mind Blindness” and Blogging: Unable to sense what the other person feels and thinks. Lack of empathy.

Who does this?

Troll or Cyberbully: A person whose main goal is to insult and provoke others. They usually have lots of free time on their hands and are probably lonely and seeking attention. They often see their own self-worth in relation to how much reaction and drama they can provoke. May have a psychological need to feel good by making others feel bad.

Kook: A regular member of a forum who habitually leaves comments that are unrelated to the topic or have no basis in reality.

Flamer: Their only contribution to the group is by making inflammatory comments that excite anger and cause disorder.

Hit-and-runner: A person who stops in, makes one or two heated comments, then moves on.

Cyberstalker: Person who shows a continuing pattern of offensive communication, malice, premeditation, repetition. The stalker becomes obsessed in causing distress to the victim. Some seek revenge and may make threats that cause victims fear for their personal safety. Cyberstalkers often disregard warnings to stop, and they may have a history of controlling and emotional abuse during a relationship."

Very interesting....no?

There is no room for pop psychology in what comes down to the service of ones self interest.

Nobody is on a forum for any other reason than to express themselves about themselves in a media that is a new way to do so.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Personally, I like to post pics of scantly clad women as a from of Qi Gung, speaking of which:
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

hey ronin, where are you anyway? are you a gta guy or out in the townships?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    hey ronin, where are you anyway? are you a gta guy or out in the townships?
    Brampton/ Mississauga area.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

we owe seppuku an apology

according to this i don't think he is a troll. i think he is a kook. and the best d@mned kook i have ever seen.

his posts are usually relevant they jsut rarely are based in reality. so maybe he isn't.

ah, west side eh. well, maybe in the summer time we can meet at the beaches halfway point or something and do some training.

i mean , if you're into that sort of thing. I've met up with fellas and girls from other forums before, but not this one yet.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I think he is also a 'hit and runner' along with being a troll as well. He seems to display characteristics of different types. One can only wonder what his life is like in the real world. He is obviously intelligent, but most likey not of high social or economic status. He probably has some friends, but his social life is contained to a small group as he does not often venture outside his circle. He's a nice guy, but also has issues with anger and often holds grudges. He is not prone to fits of violence, but will keep things pent up. He is not a strong person, physically, so he is not one to engage others face-to-face.

He yanks the chain in order to cope with his own being yanked?

There is wisdom in the words; "only a fool takes heed of the words of another fool"

Kung Fu is good for you.

He yanks the chain in order to cope with his own being yanked?
    To some degree...I think you might be generalizing him just a bit. He's not a social misfit, just a little socially-awkward, although he most likely doesn't see it that way. He would see it as a personal choice. He's also late 30's - mid 40's. (although possibly a bit younger). Most likely from PA or NJ. Not NY though, and not the New England area.

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    I think he is also a 'hit and runner' along with being a troll as well. He seems to display characteristics of different types. One can only wonder what his life is like in the real world. He is obviously intelligent, but most likey not of high social or economic status. He probably has some friends, but his social life is contained to a small group as he does not often venture outside his circle. He's a nice guy, but also has issues with anger and often holds grudges. He is not prone to fits of violence, but will keep things pent up. He is not a strong person, physically, so he is not one to engage others face-to-face.
    Seppuku is Shaolin-Wookie, the grad-student Shaolin-Do Capoerists.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Seppuku is Shaolin-Wookie, the grad-student Shaolin-Do Capoerists.
    Yes, already well established. I THINK (not sure) he is sore because a certain studdent of CTS (ironically, not me, Mike or Chris) attacked his system in the past. That and maybe he's just bored
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Some people are just rude instigating assholes in real life too. The annonimity of the internet has nothing to do with it.

the truth is always out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T_XzZSfvio

I happened to be a big fan for her and her songs/voices.

look at a tool keep posting bad comments about her.

then many others posted to counter the tool's comments.

--

people search for free info on the net.

personal comments remain personal or one man's oppinions.

--

the readers of the posts in forums or video posts

will have their own oppinions, too.

they will not be swayed by only one man's oppinions.

--

people will investigate further one way or another

and then form their own oppinions themself.

--

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Some people are just rude instigating assholes in real life too. The annonimity of the internet has nothing to do with it.
    I gotta agree with you there.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams