Thread: The Most embarrassing thing

Blog Entries

The Most embarrassing thing

OMG,

I've seen wierdo gung fu people try and test BJJ before, but this is purely and utterly embarrassing as a martial artist period. but the thats what the guy gets for promoting and teaching magical gung fu. LMAO.......

HERE

ALL i could do was laugh my arse off, and thank god thats not my sifu on the floor.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

May be you meant to say Silat right?

BJJ is great against one but how effective against multiple attackers? On the street the downed guy's buddies may have weapons, etc. Besides who wants to roll on the ground with broken glass and dog poo poo?

Quote Originally Posted by kfman5F View Post
    BJJ is great against one but how effective against multiple attackers? On the street the downed guy's buddies may have weapons, etc. Besides who wants to roll on the ground with broken glass and dog poo poo?
    Though I defiantely don't agree to wrestling on the street, its a hell of a lot more effective than magic powers vs. multiple opponents.

I had a long discussion on this phenomena with a psych prof once who is also an experienced meditator and taiji player. What I find most interesting is that these people do legitimately believe that they have aquired these powers as do their students. If fact when they react by going into convulsions they aren't (for the most part) faking it. My prof called it a form of hypnotism ware the suggestion has been planted at such a deep level in the student and their reality is so built up around it that they react unconcsiously and automaticly to the stimulus from the teacher. This is proved by the fact that these guys try to get in the ring with real fighters ie. the video.

I saw a really priceless example on youtube but was unable to find it agian, an "empty force" master issued a challenge to any MMA fighter that he could take them down without touching them and put 5K on the line as a wager. Well once in the ring he proceded to get his face bashed in and get taken down and choked out in front of all his students whom had been flipping all over the place in his demos at the start of the vid. Plus he had to pay the guy who beat him up $5,000.

I've heard several stories from my Taiji teacher about these types of guys in China and what happened when our GM's went to touch hands with them. The stories are not really worth telling.....
    Last edited by Satori Science; 02-18-2008 at 08:52 AM.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

There is no magic. Feel sorry for students who not only believe in this but that they paid for it.

Does anyone really believe any martial art is going to be effective if a group (much less an ARMED group) which is organized attacks them?

"poor chap got killed by 12 guys with knives, now if he had only done MY system...."

The only chance anyone has on the street is if they aren't that organized (most aren't) and you make it into a series of short one-to-one exchanges. In these short exchanges, knowing how NOT to get taken down or how to get up if you do fall/get thrown is a fantastic (read "necessary") skill!

PS: the Gracie family in group situations never advoctaed/advocates going to the ground (they generally advocate NOT fighting a pile of tough guys all at once to "prove" how tough you are)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Talking

It is usually the ones who dont know how to fight with their art that are the first to challenge a BJJ guy. It's sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by kfman5F View Post
    Why would the guy's friends be holding dog poo poo as weapons? Are they wearing gloves, or is it bare-handed. It's gross and unsanitary, so you should have a talk with "this downed guy" you know, and all of his poo-wielding buddies.
    1bad65--They Call Him Ore Ida, the Tater-Terminator
    http://www.freewebs.com/shaolinninjitsu/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    We had to shut down our first Shaolin Ninjitsu in Shangdong when a key mistranslation of ancient scrolls led to the entire clan bowing down to incense and burning buddhas everywhere in the province.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    Trolling? What does fishing have to do with this?
    Ashida Kim taught me everything I ever needed to know about the missile dropkick.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Does anyone really believe any martial art is going to be effective if a group (much less an ARMED group) which is organized attacks them?

"poor chap got killed by 12 guys with knives, now if he had only done MY system...."

The only chance anyone has on the street is if they aren't that organized (most aren't) and you make it into a series of short one-to-one exchanges. In these short exchanges, knowing how NOT to get taken down or how to get up if you do fall/get thrown is a fantastic (read "necessary") skill!

PS: the Gracie family in group situations never advoctaed/advocates going to the ground (they generally advocate NOT fighting a pile of tough guys all at once to "prove" how tough you are)
    What Sifu Ross is advocating is the wholesale enlistment of kung fu devotees in my newly refurbished Shaolin Ninjitsu Commune.

BTW, we bake vanilla cupcakes on Wednesdays.
    1bad65--They Call Him Ore Ida, the Tater-Terminator
    http://www.freewebs.com/shaolinninjitsu/
    We had to shut down our first Shaolin Ninjitsu in Shangdong when a key mistranslation of ancient scrolls led to the entire clan bowing down to incense and burning buddhas everywhere in the province.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    Trolling? What does fishing have to do with this?
    Ashida Kim taught me everything I ever needed to know about the missile dropkick.

Seppukku,
    Try reading English. I said who wants to roll on the ground with broken glass and dog poo poo. May be I should have said "in" broken blass... I never said that his buddies were holding anything. Don't you ever look down and see what's on the ground? I was trying to make a point with humor. And it was in no disrespect for BJJ. I admire all martial arts.