Thread: 1 in very 100 adults is in jail

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Not too mention, america is ridiculous in it's implementation of its so called war on drugs. I somewhat agree on this point, the prohibition of drugs creates a black market and therefore more crime, but legalizing some drugs is unrealistic (exception being marijuana)
    the stats are through the roof ridiculous on this level.

Dave, the fact that you resort to rhetoric and name calling is indicative of an oncoming down-spiral of the ross-rant tm, I saw him posting facts without name calling, I suggest you reread the posts, because I didn't see anything offensive. Perhaps you want to believe that he is insulting you to be true? so let's agree to disagree because i am sure as sh1t not going on an internet trail blaze to show you data when all you are gonna do is not recognize it for what it is.
    the real point is that in the so called richest land in all the world, where human rights are the foundation supposedly and freedom is the way of life, there is a full 1% of the citizenry in prison for crimes in some cases that are heinous of course, but also for small petty crimes that are non-violent and non-threatening to anything but the seat of control and power. Again, prisons are crowded with drug dealers, murderers, rapists, and repeat offenders. Crowded prisons means that petty criminals are, in fact, released prematurely.
    people need to get with it and realize that the government is YOUR employee, that cop works for YOU on YOUR dime. Cops serve me and make the streets of my city and country safer. I salute the majority of them for a difficult job well done. There are certainly corrupt or bad cops, but that's the small minority. Freedom is more than part of a catchphrase on a bumper sticker.

Executing 1 person wrongly is 1 person too many. I don't disagree, but mistakes happen, even with a good system.
    Jailing one person errantly and destroying their life is wrong and indicative of a greater problem. Every nation/state in the history of humankind has done this, so nobody has created a perfect method of dealing with crime/national security yet???
    If you think there's no problem, then YOU are the problem.

Well, I agree there are problems, and alway will be problems, but I think everything is pretty dam good! Am I the problem?
    Last edited by bodhitree; 02-29-2008 at 12:37 PM.
    Bless you