Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 in very 100 adults is in jail

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    But you are always free to leave in a democratic society.

Remember; free countries build fences to keep people out, dictatorships build them to keep people in.
    More importantly, you are also free to change it.

That said, democracy gives no one the right to voluntarily harm others.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You say fascist as if that is a bad thing.
    "It's all relative...."

My extremely Liberal younger brother used to call me a Nazi, and insisted that he had every right in the world to take whatever drugs he liked.

We agreed to disagree....

Being something of a "speedy" type, he died from "burnout" some time back....
    Last edited by bakxierboxer; 03-04-2008 at 02:07 PM.

Honestly, if I had my way, I'd crush you all under an iron fist of oppression. Someone has to grab the reins and start running this monkey farm, because history keeps showing that people are too stupid to manage themselves as a collective.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Honestly, if I had my way, I'd crush you all under an iron fist of oppression. Someone has to grab the reins and start running this monkey farm, because history keeps showing that people are too stupid to manage themselves as a collective.
    If you'd promise (cross yer heart) to be only "slightly less oppressive" (perhaps only an "Iron Palm of Repression(tm)"?), you'd have my vote.......

Maybe an iron caress? An iron pat on the back?

Either way...as long as my people behave, there's no need for my secret police to drag them from their homes in the dead of night.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Maybe an iron caress? An iron pat on the back?

Either way...as long as my people behave, there's no need for my secret police to drag them from their homes in the dead of night.

WHAT????!!!
    NO beating about the head and ears?
    NO splinters under the fingernails?
    WHAT kinda discipline izzat???!!!
    HOW in the blue blazes can ANYONE feel properly repressed without a little bit of "encouragement"?
    !@#$#% #$%$&^((!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bakxierboxer View Post

WHAT????!!!
    NO beating about the head and ears?
    NO splinters under the fingernails?
    WHAT kinda discipline izzat???!!!
    HOW in the blue blazes can ANYONE feel properly repressed without a little bit of "encouragement"?
    !@#$#% #$%$&^((!!!!
    "Behave" can mean many things, and the definition often changes. Keeps people on their toes.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

"Behave" can mean many things, and the definition often changes. Keeps people on their toes.
    Long as you don't start it off with that little old ditty:

"If you bend over and touch your toes....."

Dude, are you serious? That's a shame, sorry to you and your family.
    Bless you

let's see now, we went from cave people, to neolithic people, to the bronze age, to the iron age, to the industrial age, to the nuclear age and now we sit at the edge again of progress and understanding.

I don't think we are that great of a failure to ourselves. I do believe there are a great deal of us who are unwilling to do much about anything and are satisfied to live our lives out and that's that.

Then there are some of us who push forward, always claiming new ground of understanding and knowing.

So, because of this more or less historical record of success that shows that aggressive iron hand type rulers rise and fall and collapse in the period of their life time, then I would say that this thinking is the backwards kind and not the kind that wants people as a whole to work together towards a better tomorrow.

Having said that, yes we will make mistakes, but how are we to learn. For instance, democracy today has taken a step backwards and right now doesn't look like much more than a dictatorship fo the majority. At least in the G8 countries that 's how it is at the moment. This is a flaw and is dangerous. It is important to not let aristocratic types take contreol of governments or to set in place rules of governance that destroy the foundations and good stuff of democracy.

in my opinion there is a need for change in the implementation of democracy. and it has to be a step to previous models and not a continuance of what there is now.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    Dude, are you serious? That's a shame, sorry to you and your family.
    Dead serious..... (POOH!)

Thanks for the condolences.

He lived his life the way he wanted to....
    It still broke me up when it happened 'cause you just don't expect the younger one to go first.... now I've gotta "wait'n'see" what happens with the youngest who did not "do" quite as much, but still has "a problem" to deal with. TCM helps him.

Also lost my Dad more recently... but, he was "ready" for it, which made a bit of a difference.

When you start "getting on in years" this kinda stuff "happens when it happens".... not an awful lot to do or say about it other than "the obvious".

I only brought it up because it seemed to have a bit of a relationship to one of the ongoing topics.

As a former correctional officer I cantell you that in my opinion nearly half of the people doing time are for things that I don't consider crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    As a former correctional officer I cantell you that in my opinion nearly half of the people doing time are for things that I don't consider crimes.
    that is a huge statement
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

"It's all relative...."

My extremely Liberal younger brother used to call me a Nazi, and insisted that he had every right in the world to take whatever drugs he liked.

We agreed to disagree....

Not to sound callous, but it makes you wonder if things would be different if Regan didn't totally cut federal spending for treatment instead of the much cheaper "just say no" campaign. And In cheaper I mean the trillions spent on prosecution and recidivism.

You are a Nazi.

The "you're a traitorous, liberal, towel head" comment in 3..........2...........1.

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    Not to sound callous, but it makes you wonder if things would be different if Regan didn't totally cut federal spending for treatment instead of the much cheaper "just say no" campaign. And In cheaper I mean the trillions spent on prosecution and recidivism.
    Any money spent on treatment is a waste.
    None of them will quit until THEY decide to do it.

You are a Nazi.

The "you're a traitorous, liberal, towel head" comment in 3..........2...........1.
    Sorry if I messed up your count, butit's not my problem if your drug-addled brain has trouble counting high enough for the time elapsed since you posted that crap.

Not the words I'd choose.... try:

"You're a subversive, commie, fat-head-covering, brainless turd."

Oh, yeah... you also have absolutely NO idea what a real NAZI is like.