Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 in very 100 adults is in jail

So A says to B.... a lesson in logic

Child's first logic mistakes
    Child: The Easter bunny exists

A: How do you know?

Child: My mommy says so

Without proper education this will either become:

College child dumass just took first semester with liberal professors (ccdjtfswlp): The US government sends people to prison for anything

B: Really, what do you mean

ccdjtfswlp: like, they send people to jail for nothing

B: who told you that?

ccdjtfswlp: Like my professors told me maaaann

B: Can you show me some evidence?

ccdjtfswlp: Just look around man, can't you see it?

Conservative white trash has life so bad needs to blame on someone else guy (cswthlsbntbseg): Did you know the liberal government hired the same mersonary guy to kill the branch dividians, the ruby ridge, and all the right wing heroes??

B: really, how do you know?

cswthlsbntbseg: Radio guy told me

B: And who told radio guy

cswthlsbntbseg: he thinked it up, being he's real smart and all

cough cough They're taking our jobs!!!
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post

The only way not paying your debt will get you in jail is if your debt is to the government.
    Even then, most likely they will put a "lean" on your property, NOT put you in jail I have a family member who owed $5000 to IRS and pretty much nothing happened....

I know people that are over $60,000 in debt and are facing no legal consequences (phone consequences yes ).
    You can sign up for a thing called "privacy direct" and even your creditors can't phone you and bother you, only in America!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Just curious as to how many of you are in favor, as I am myself, of execution for heinous crimes.

I may be the only one, you may all hate me, but I stand by my belief.

Life and death arent that far apart, if one cannot respect life, perhaps they can respect death.

I'm for the death penalty, for severe crimes (j-walking not included)
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Just curious as to how many of you are in favor, as I am myself, of execution for heinous crimes.

I may be the only one, you may all hate me, but I stand by my belief.

Life and death arent that far apart, if one cannot respect life, perhaps they can respect death.
    Not to be too much of a "downer" but we live a world where predators kidnap children, abuse them, torture them and kill them. That predator should DIE in my opinion, I know the liberals will cry for the poor lost sould

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Not to be too much of a "downer" but we live a world where predators kidnap children, abuse them, torture them and kill them. That predator should DIE in my opinion, I know the liberals will cry for the poor lost sould
    if a teenager loses it one day and kills his classroom, maybe he shouldn't get the death penalty...serial killers should be tortured though send them off into another reincarnation...just like we put down rabid pitbulls once they taste blood so to should they...but this is ideals, in the real world it's just people and many of these people grew up to be bullies...how many innocents were executed?...especially in 1950 texas and you a negro

The only way not paying your debt will get you in jail is if your debt is to the government. I know people that are over $60,000 in debt and are facing no legal consequences (phone consequences yes ). You can file for bankruptcy, or just not pay, or pay the minimum, more often than not. Taxes, on the other hand, you don't want to mess around with, and even the IRS will charge penalties before seeking to send someone to jail. It doesn't pay to have the in-debted in jail, they can't pay from in there...

p.s. all teenagers who act like teenagers SHOULD BE sent to jail, and have the teenageness beaten out of them, and in most cases teenageness is not the parents fault.
    ah, I see, thanks
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I know that America has good and bad points.

however:

Going to jail for debt - Try to get away with being poor as an excuse for not paying your taxes. IN the US, you WILL be imprisoned. Other countries will do it as well. This is jailing people for debt even if you just want to call it taxes.

Going to jail for being homeless and angry - In the land of fairness, the rich as well as the poor may not by law sleep under bridges r steal bread.

Going to jail for not supervising teenagers - I believe there is a thread about a woman who was arrested recently because she couldn't handle her teenage sons aged 13 -17. I think the kids are still at home and were even filmed threatening a journalist with a bat. yet, the woman goes to jail. hmmmmn.

Going to jail for looking (or being) Arab - One name, Harar. The yanks shipped him off to Syria where he was imprisoned and tortured for no good reason. I think he is still suing you and has been garnted some few millions of dollars by the supreme court. I'm sure it would prove difficult to find records of all the arabic speaking and arabic peoples who have been picked up on suspicion, jailed and treated like ****, but it wouldn't prove that difficult to find even a few just using the internet.

But hey, let's dwell on little side issues so we don't have to face the quagmire we're really in. Oh look a pony! with sparkles yayyyyy!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I know that America has good and bad points.

however:

Going to jail for debt - Try to get away with being poor as an excuse for not paying your taxes. IN the US, you WILL be imprisoned No, not necessarily, and under a certain income makes you exempt form taxes. Other countries will do it as well. This is jailing people for debt even if you just want to call it taxes Read previous posts, this is very rare for the IRS to do.

Going to jail for being homeless and angry - In the land of fairness, the rich as well as the poor may not by law sleep under bridges r steal bread I don't know where you get that, plenty of people sleep freely under the bridges of the city where I live. As a matter of fact the only places where they can't sleep are private properties.
    Going to jail for not supervising teenagers - I believe there is a thread about a woman who was arrested recently because she couldn't handle her teenage sons aged 13 -17. I think the kids are still at home and were even filmed threatening a journalist with a bat. yet, the woman goes to jail. hmmmmn. One isolated incident, hardly a trend
    Going to jail for looking (or being) Arab - One name, Harar. The yanks shipped him off to Syria where he was imprisoned and tortured for no good reason. I think he is still suing you and has been garnted some few millions of dollars by the supreme court. I'm sure it would prove difficult to find records of all the arabic speaking and arabic peoples who have been picked up on suspicion, jailed and treated like ****, but it wouldn't prove that difficult to find even a few just using the internet. There are examples like this, and in the wake of global terror racial profiling may happen, but there are other factors. I don't know the numbers of Arabs in the United States, but there are a lot, of whom a very small minority are ever bothered by law enforcement, who have reasons other than "looking Arab"

But hey, let's dwell on little side issues so we don't have to face the quagmire we're really in. Oh look a pony! with sparkles yayyyyy!

I still don't buy what you're trying to sell

according to the 2000 census, 1.2 million reported having arab heritage (not including mixed race). I'm assuming Persians, Turks, and other peoples associated with the middle east region are also not included in that number.
    Last edited by bodhitree; 02-29-2008 at 12:08 PM.
    Bless you

LMFAO, man, you've really lost your mind.....

Going to jail for debt - Try to get away with being poor as an excuse for not paying your taxes. IN the US, you WILL be imprisoned.
    LMFAO, NO, not at all. First they'll harass you for the money. Then they'll put a lean on your propoerty or attach your bank accounts. Please cite a statistic for anyone in JAIL for not paying taxes. My bet would be it will be less than 1%.....

Going to jail for being homeless and angry - In the land of fairness, the rich as well as the poor may not by law sleep under bridges r steal bread.
    Pathetic liberal double talk. First of all, NO ONE has ever gone to jail for sleeping under a bridge, or on the street. If you lived in NYC for more than 10 seconds you'd know that.

If you STEAL, yes you might spend a night in jail. That's because STEALING IS A CRIME

Going to jail for not supervising teenagers - I believe there is a thread about
    1) First, look up the details and the facts.
    2) Look up "contributing to the delinquency of a minor

Going to jail for looking (or being) Arab - One name, Harar.
    (followed by the typical liberal single story without details)
    You found one name, and even that case (which I am familiar with) hardly consititutes "going to jail for looking (or being) an Arab"

When you make financial contributions to a suspected terrorist cell, are recorded making phone calls to known terrorists, have been picture meeting known terrorists, you will be picked up for, now pay attention, being a terrorist

The police arent' exactly roaming the streets of the US picking up Arabs randomly. My wife's best friend is Afghani, she's never been stopped, detained, questioned or even approached in 30 plus years of her life here in the US. That's ONE NAME for you

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    100% agree

scum like this are not fit for life anyway.

I used to teach English as a Second Language to Arabs in a Pittsburgh neighborhood with a large Arab community (Brookline) and I never heard one of them complain about or even mention unfair treatment or harassment or anything else from law enforcement.
    Bless you

Can you get jailed for vagrancy?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Can you get jailed for vagrancy?
    Here's what happened in NYC (and note how liberals spin the truth when it suits them). The city determined that many homeless people were not in the mental state to make informed decisions in regards to their own health and well being. IE, when the temperatures were freezing they were sleeping on the streets, they were frequently FREEZING TO DEATH

The vagracy lawas allow the police to pick up homeless people when the outside temperature reaches a life threatening level. IE the "arrest them"

The "arrest" is followed by taking them to a shelter, where they are fed, and given a bed in a heated house for the night

THOSE BARBARIANS!

Not too mention, america is ridiculous in it's implementation of its so called war on drugs.

the stats are through the roof ridiculous on this level.

Dave, the fact that you resort to rhetoric and name calling is indicative of an oncoming down-spiral of the ross-rant tm, so let's agree to disagree because i am sure as sh1t not going on an internet trail blaze to show you data when all you are gonna do is not recognize it for what it is.
    the real point is that in the so called richest land in all the world, where human rights are the foundation supposedly and freedom is the way of life, there is a full 1% of the citizenry in prison for crimes in some cases that are heinous of course, but also for small petty crimes that are non-violent and non-threatening to anything but the seat of control and power.

people need to get with it and realize that the government is YOUR employee, that cop works for YOU on YOUR dime.

Freedom is more than part of a catchphrase on a bumper sticker.

Executing 1 person wrongly is 1 person too many.

Jailing one person errantly and destroying their life is wrong and indicative of a greater problem.

If you think there's no problem, then YOU are the problem.
    Kung Fu is good for you.