Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 in very 100 adults is in jail

Thumbs down adventures in David Jamieson's poor citation skills

Just when you think things couldn't go any worse for old David Jamieson

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    for dave-

"Wednesday, April 25, 2007
    Tax Evader Sentenced to 63 Months in Prison

Earlier today a federal judge sentenced convicted tax evader Elaine Brown to 63 months in prison. She and her husband Ed Brown were both convicted of tax evasion. "

lets call it evasion and then it's not jailing someone for debt!
    This is a case of a person in debt? A poor person maybe?

http://ronideutch.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html

Earlier today a federal judge sentenced convicted tax evader Elaine Brown to 63 months in prison. She and her husband Ed Brown were both convicted of tax evasion. He is expected to receive a similar sentence later this afternoon. The two were found guilty by a jury of hiding Elaine’s income from 1996 to 2003, which was $1.9 million
    The poor, helpless, desolate woman, put in jail for hiding $1.9 million dollars
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Just to summarize, David Jamieson went from

you also put them in jail for being in debt, being homeless and angry, for not supervising their teenagers, for looking too arabic etc etc.
    to

for dave-

"Wednesday, April 25, 2007
    Tax Evader Sentenced to 63 Months in Prison

Earlier today a federal judge sentenced convicted tax evader Elaine Brown to 63 months in prison. She and her husband Ed Brown were both convicted of tax evasion. "

lets call it evasion and then it's not jailing someone for debt!
    a case where someone tried to conceal $1.9 dollars in income....

Yeah, there's a logical sequence of thought isn't there?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Sniff....sniff...this may be the first day I have ever seen on KFO that people bonded together against absurd liberal douchebagery.

I swear this is a fine day

Quote Originally Posted by bakxierboxer View Post
    Even better might be a "plan" to use "capitalist principles" within the prison system.

Prisoners are said to have "a debt to society".

In an ass backwards society that would make the most sense. Get more people in jail so they can work for you for free. Thats slavery.

OR!!! How about this logic. Eliminate consensual crimes from the law books. Make it a misdemeanor for smoking a joint in public instead of sending the poor slob to jail for 5 years.

No prison, no debt, in fact we MAKE money on the taxes and fines.
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 03-01-2008 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    In an ass backwards society that would make the most sense. Get more people in jail so they can work for you for free. Thats slavery.
    It's either that or let them continue to cost the taxpayers beaucoup $$$ for not much of anything in the way of "relief" or "rehabilitation".
    At least my plan won't cost any more $$$ and even stands a bit of a chance to make BACK some $$$ if the cons opt to buy "luxuries" with their legitimately-gotten gains.

OR!!! How about this logic. Eliminate consensual crimes from the law books. Make it a misdemeanor for smoking a joint in public instead of sending the poor slob to jail for 5 years.
    How about using "the plan" to convince them that they'd be better off working for themselves on "the outside" than "working for the man" inside?

Great idea.... now how do you propose to set taxes and fines for "minor inconveniences" to the public..... you know, kinda like that stuff called "mass murder"?

The gov't benefits more from hard-working, high income, educated citizens than it does poor labor in the prison system.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

If we ever do legalize it, I'm putting all of my stocks in Patchouli.

Yet, most of us don't want it legalized. It's not that I'm against people toking up. Rather, it's just that potheads reek like soiled underpants, and I'm not up for walking through sanitized streets that still smell like a waste facility.
    1bad65--They Call Him Ore Ida, the Tater-Terminator
    http://www.freewebs.com/shaolinninjitsu/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    We had to shut down our first Shaolin Ninjitsu in Shangdong when a key mistranslation of ancient scrolls led to the entire clan bowing down to incense and burning buddhas everywhere in the province.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    Trolling? What does fishing have to do with this?
    Ashida Kim taught me everything I ever needed to know about the missile dropkick.

Quote Originally Posted by Seppukku View Post
    If we ever do legalize it, I'm putting all of my stocks in Patchouli.

Yet, most of us don't want it legalized. It's not that I'm against people toking up. Rather, it's just that potheads reek like soiled underpants, and I'm not up for walking through sanitized streets that still smell like a waste facility.
    yeah i love the smell of whinos....

Um, I think you meant rhinos.

You'll never live down the rhino friggin' incident of '87. We're like velociraptors.

We remember.

BTW, it's kind of hot in those rhinos.
    1bad65--They Call Him Ore Ida, the Tater-Terminator
    http://www.freewebs.com/shaolinninjitsu/
    We had to shut down our first Shaolin Ninjitsu in Shangdong when a key mistranslation of ancient scrolls led to the entire clan bowing down to incense and burning buddhas everywhere in the province.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    Trolling? What does fishing have to do with this?
    Ashida Kim taught me everything I ever needed to know about the missile dropkick.

If your police system is working well, and the next thing – the justice system is working well, then does it matter how many people do you have in jail?

My country, the last stats I heard our prisons are something like 89% over populated. If this meant that the Police are actually doing their jobs, and the courts are actually doing their jobs, then I’d be happy. The sad part is, a very small percentage of cases that ends up in court actually gets convicted (in this country). But the biggest problem lies with the Police. Down here you can buy yourself out of ANY situation. Not really surprising if you consider that the average cop takes home – after medical insurance, tax and other minor deductions, about $250.00usd per month). The police doesnt have much success, cause they don’t do much. The whole system is flawed.

I’d be HAPPY to live in a country where criminals are being treated like criminals, and where people who violate other people get to deal with the law.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    The gov't benefits more from hard-working, high income, educated citizens than it does poor labor in the prison system.
    No question about that!

"The plan" would be to develope the idea within the cons themselves that hard/"better" work will benefit them!
    They might even be smart enough to carry that idea over to life after their release.

Some part of this is already in use, but I think it's been limited to "menial" tasks and the rewards have not been great enough or emphasized enough to "get through" to the "population".

There's also been no real "negative" attached to not-working.

I didn't read through this entire thread but the number one reason for the inmate population being there was drug use. They stole for drugs, were under the influence of drugs or for selling them. I believe it was at least 70% of the inmate population.
    I worked at a close security prison for 6.5 months. I learned it doesn't go well for you if you have to use a public defender , they will throw the book at you. I saw people doing the same amount of time for rape as someone that did a property crime.
    When you think about it, you can get up to five years in prison for using a video camera in a movie theater and you can get five years for a rape, something is wrong.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Quote Originally Posted by bakxierboxer View Post
    Great idea.... now how do you propose to set taxes and fines for "minor inconveniences" to the public..... you know, kinda like that stuff called "mass murder"?
    Soooooooooooo, you're saying smoking a joint leads inevitably to mass murder?!?!?!

Is that what you're saying?

The two are not directly connected. Treat drugs like a disease instead of a crime and you'll have a reduction in drug related crime. For one, it will be affordable. Two, it will be the tobacco companies that will mass produce the stuff. You can license, tax and track where it goes and who is producing it. There would be no gang related drug deaths anymore. I don't see Columbian cartels dedicated to running gin.

Soooooooooooo, you're saying smoking a joint leads inevitably to mass murder?!?!?!

Is that what you're saying?
    Nope, just carrying your idea out to a somewhat logical conclusion.
    If taxation and fines can serve to "legalize" pot-smoking, just how much will society (or "the powers that be") decide to charge for the legalization of murder?
    In the event of "mass murder" should there be a "quantity discount"?

The two are not directly connected. Treat drugs like a disease...
    Sure, why not?
    If "your friend" does it, there's a fair possibility that you will end up at least "trying it".... some folks would say that sounds suspiciously like it's a "communicable disease". One tried and true "cure" for "communicable diseases" is "isolation" and/or "quarantine".

OTOH, I heard that, at one point the PRC, while allowing the existing opium users to go on about their "lives" as usual
    (perhaps even subsidizing them), decided to "treat" new opium addicts with the "final cure"... aka "death".

For one, it will be affordable. Two, it will be the tobacco companies that will mass produce the stuff. You can license, tax and track where it goes and who is producing it.
    That would NOT make up for having a population of stoners staggering about the streets.... and wondering just how GREAT it would be to try "something stronger".
    "Like, WOW! Maaaan! I'm HIGH! wonder what it'd be like to get a little bit SIDEWAYS?"

There would be no gang related drug deaths anymore. I don't see Columbian cartels dedicated to running gin.
    That's a crock.
    Running/selling drugs is just the "current vogue" and easiest-to-market source of income for any/all levels of "criminal enterprise".
    Running the equivalent dollar volume of gin takes massively greater shipping capabilities.

FYI.... rape in the military is punishable by death. People usually get no less than 10 years, though. Suppose our system may be a step above the civilian one.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"