Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: silva vs henderson

silva vs henderson

i am a fan ov silva. i think he comes across as a very humble and respectfull person. but i think i want henderson to win. i think this is going to be a great fight. unfortunately i won't get to see it

and kongo is a big freakin dude. i was watching him train and i guess i never realized how enormous he is bc he is in the octagon with other big guys but seeing him with his trainers and next to quinton jackson. the dude is a monster.

Hendo's chin will definitely be put to the test! Silva's rearranged many a face in his time, but I can't wait to see him try to hurt Dan. The guy has like no teeth, no nose and a granite jaw.
    Jack Dempsey: "What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?

It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.

Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile when its bodyweight is set into fast motion."

yeah he definately has a head like a rock. it is going to be a totally sweet fight and i am going to miss it. but o well i will be in philly at concert so i guess i cant complain.

Where are your priorities young man Missing the fight of the century for a concert!?!?!?! Better be good! I am passing up the Roots to see the fight!
    Silva is one of the most humble people I have trained with in martial arts, and a super sweet guy to boot! I am cheering for Silva, but either way it is going to be an awesome fight. When Silva wins he will most likely be considered the best fighter pound for pound in the world!
    Cheers
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

yeah i know but i bought the tickets to the show and didnt realize it was the same night. plus i am sure someone somewhere will post a clip of the fight that i can watch after. i am trying to convince my wife that its in our best interest to order thte ppv and dvr and watch it when i get back but i will already know the ending by then.

we'll see. its all good though i think this is one of the only shows the band i am seeing is doing in the u.s. on this tour so its now or never.

you trained with silva?!? thats awesome.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

So who are you seeing??

Yeah, Silva and Nogueira rolled through town last July and taught over four days of both stand up and ground fighting! One of the greatest experiences I have ever had not so much because they are stars, but because they showed a ton of applicable stuff, sparred with us, and were great gents all around. Silva is so gentle, nice, and technical! Great guy! A lot bigger in real life too

Cheers
    Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

These two are my favorite fighters with Silva being #1.
    At times I've said Henderson if I've leaned either way, but I really can't say.
    It's going to be an awesome fight though!
    A unique snowflake

a band called 'gogol bordello' they are a gypsy punk band from eastern europe. they are very good. they play punk music with traditional gypsy instruments.

that sounds like an awesome opportunity to meet and train with both those guys. not just because they are famous but also because of the amount of knowledge and experience they have.

Ok, I just watched Silva Vs. Leben...that guy sends shivers up my spine. I'm going with $20 on Silva now.
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    nuts.........

Quote Originally Posted by MSphinx View Post
    Hendo's chin will definitely be put to the test! Silva's rearranged many a face in his time, but I can't wait to see him try to hurt Dan. The guy has like no teeth, no nose and a granite jaw.
    Oh boy was I wrong. Silva is an officer and a gentleman.

edit: video - http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance..._silva_extreme
    Jack Dempsey: "What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?

It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.

Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile when its bodyweight is set into fast motion."

It's okay, we forgive you
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

While in the first round Silva was "not himself" he "woke up" and dominate Dan in the second winning via a RNC ( rear naked choke for those that don't habla).

He may well be the best fighter in the game.
    Last edited by sanjuro_ronin; 03-03-2008 at 07:52 AM.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I love Silva. He's my favorite fighter right now.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.