Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leg Checks!

Leg Checks!

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    LOOKS FUN, I WANNA TRY

OMG THE SCIATIC NERVE !!!

Did that guy twist his own foot backward from trying to kick the other guys' leg? What an idiot. This is why I do not fight professionally. I would probably do the same thing.

no, he broke his leg.

"The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by shuaichiao View Post
    no, he broke his leg.
    There was another "better" version of that shot from the right side.... the way the guy's lower leg was flapping around was "disturbing"......

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    Yeah, kind of like that one, but the video ran it over several times in slow motion...... I seem to remember the guy was wearing red trunks or black with a red stripe....

it can never be stressed enough:

DON'T KICK UPWARDS ON LOW KICKS !!!!!!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    it can never be stressed enough:

DON'T KICK UPWARDS ON LOW KICKS !!!!!!
    Actually, to me it looked rather like the cause was that he impacted with the flat of his shin....

Quote Originally Posted by bakxierboxer View Post
    Actually, to me it looked rather like the cause was that he impacted with the flat of his shin....
    Which tends to happen when you low kick on an upward angle instead on INTO the leg or downward.
    Can't count the times it is drilled into people when they do MT or Kyokushin ( or any art that stress low round kicks) that you don't angle the kick up because it exposes and makes contact with the weakest (flat) part of the tibia.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Which tends to happen when you low kick on an upward angle instead on INTO the leg or downward.
    Can't count the times it is drilled into people when they do MT or Kyokushin ( or any art that stress low round kicks) that you don't angle the kick up because it exposes and makes contact with the weakest (flat) part of the tibia.
    That's what I thought I saw.
    I guess it's more of a worry for some of you guys, but in TCMA the way I learned it, we train and fight with our "street shoes"... in my case that meant boots.
    When you "specialize" in something like that you get pretty good at using every advantage that said footwear offers.... and creating some additional ones.

That's what I thought
    When you "specialize" in something like that you get pretty good at using every advantage that said footwear offers.... and creating some additional ones.

Righto! That's why heel kicks are so important when wearing spike heels!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    Righto! That's why heel kicks are so important when wearing spike heels!
    Hmmm.... not part of my wardrobe.
    You know anyone who's got it down to a science?

That's what I thought I saw.
    I guess it's more of a worry for some of you guys, but in TCMA the way I learned it, we train and fight with our "street shoes"... in my case that meant boots.
    Your boots go up to you knees?

'Cuase, you know, if they don't then the tip about not angling low kicks up is still vaild. My sifu calls it "floating the kick" and floating a kick will cause you to fail the kicking portion of a rank test.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it