Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snow and the Seven

I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Snow and the Seven

The Snow White and the Shaolin Monks project has been rumored for years. MK had one of his famous cool deleted threads on it back in 07-05-2005. If you do a search, you'll find offhand references to it in a few other threads.

So it's still be rumored. Now Padme has turned it down...

Portman turned down kung-fu Snow White
    03/03/2008 - 8:41:56 AM Natalie Portman turned down the chance to star as an ass-kicking Snow White in a kung-fu version of the fairytale.

Natalie Portman turned down the chance to star as an ass-kicking Snow White in a kung-fu version of the fairytale.

Martial arts movie maker Jet Li was rumoured to be directing the adaptation, with Portman in the frame play the lead.

The actress confirms she was offered the part, and loves the idea - but won't be terrorising evil queens and dwarves anytime soon.

She says: "It (the movie) exists and it was offered. I'm not planning to do it. It is a fantastic idea. They should do kung-fu versions of every fairytale."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

snow white fan since kid, myself.

snow white actress in the parade in disney land for over 20 years. and now retired.

she brought her lab for vacc in my clinic.

--

I was like--

just a big fan for the story.

the castle is "copied" after the neuschwanstein castle, it is the nicest in bavaria, southern germany.

--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac9w46suaL4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2olW...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUBTX...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3I1YnQGRq4

I visited the castle in the summer of 1988.

a year before the fall of the berlin walls and collapse of the former soviet bloc.

Last edited by SPJ; 03-03-2008 at 10:44 AM.

Snow white eh?
    Is nothing sacred anymore ??
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Last edited by SPJ; 03-03-2008 at 05:29 PM.

Thumbs up

my brothers and I were also big fans for france in the 60's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuN5j...eature=related

she was a teenage at the time.

we just called her the french doll or fa guo yang wa wa.

what amazed us.

she also sang german, italian, and japanese and of course english.

so in our young minds, we knew we had to learn other languages to appreciate other country's culture. etc etc.

she was an inspiration to a lot of teen's and us.

Thumbs up

my sis, my brothers and me.

we are all big fans of shirley temple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU06dvHWjHE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V4Sue3ID48

Dusting off Snow?

Ratner did Rush Hour 1 & 2 and is working on Hong Kong Phooey
    Brett Ratner Producing Edgy Snow White
    Published by Jeff Leins on June 7th, 2010

Brett Ratner and Relativity Media are producing a new version of The Brothers Grimm: Snow White as an edgy, 3D version of the German folk tale.

Deadline reports the company acquired the script by writer Melisa Wallack for seven figures and Ratner is already putting his grubby, Rush Hour hands on it.

“This is not your grandfather’s Snow White,” Ratner said, exhausting one of the most over-used phrases for remakes, as if no one younger has seen the original.

Wallack’s concept changes the seven dwarves from miners into robbers and brings back a dragon from the original Grimm version. “Walt [Disney] made one of the great movies of all time, but ours is edgy and there is more comedy,” Ratner said seriously and without a hint of irony.

If Hollywood is bringing back Snow White, maybe this will inspire Disney to dust off Snow and the Seven, a 19th-century story where the princess is guarded by Shaolin monks who teach her kung fu. I’d definitely watch that over something “edgy.” Francis Lawrence (I Am Legend) was attached to it about three years ago.

It seems the $1 billion worldwide gross of Alice in Wonderland is having the expected effect on the unoriginal industry. Studios are clamoring to redo fairy tales available in the public domain. Disney is already working on a live-action Cinderella, a revisionist version of Sleeping Beauty called Maleficent, and there are several Wizard of Oz remakes on the way.
    Here's the source article:
    Fairy Tales Are Hot! Relativity Media Acquires New Version of 'Snow White'
    By MIKE FLEMING | Tags: 3D, Deals, Movies | Thursday June 3, 2010 @ 7:46pm EDT

EXCLUSIVE: The billion dollar worldwide gross of Alice in Wonderland has turned public domain fairy tales into the hottest segment of an otherwise sluggish script marketplace. In the latest deal, Relativity Media has made a preemptive acquisition of The Brothers Grimm: Snow White, an edgy 3D re-imagining of the German folk tale written by Melisa Wallack. Wallack's script work includes The Dallas Buyer's Club, and she wrote and directed the 2007 Aaron Eckhart-starrer Bill.

The deal has aggressive progress to production stipulations in the preemptive deal and I'm told the writer will make low seven-figures if the project gets made. ICM repped the writer. The Brothers Grimm: Snow White will be produced by Bernie Goldmann (who produced Meet Bill), Ryan Kavanaugh and Brett Ratner, with Tucker Tooley exec producing and Rat Entertainment exec John Cheng also involved in a producing capacity. Ratner previously got Kavanaugh to acquire the Sundance Film Festival documentary Catfish, and most recently Skyline, the scifi alien invasion thriller directed by Greg and Colin Strause which sold at Cannes.

Deal follows an upfront seven-figure Disney pitch deal for Devil Wears Prada scribe Aline Brosh McKenna to script a re-imagining of Cinderella. Disney also is moving quickly on The Great and Powerful Oz, with Adam Shankman and Timur Bekmambetov circling. Sam Mendes just dropped out of consideration, but there is rumor that Guillermo del Toro might meet on the project now that he's free of The Hobbit. Warner Bros and New Line each have version of Oz that are based on the public domain books by L. Frank Baum.

All of the incarnations of Snow White are based on the German folk tale, but this one hews closely to the distillation by the Grimm Brothers.

"This is not your grandfather's Snow White," Ratner said. "Melisa went back to the 500 year old folk tale and put in some of the things that were missing from Walt Disney's film. His dwarves were miners, and here they are robbers. There is also a dragon that was in the original folk tale. Walt made one of the great movies of all time, but ours is edgy and there is more comedy. The original, made for its time, was soft compared to what we're going to do."

Said Kavanaugh: "This is a project we've aggressively pursued and believe in. We love Melisa Wallack's script and her fresh take on the classic story we all grew up on. This film will bring together fans of the original fair tale and draw new audiences who enjoy adventure films."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

reactive

hate it when directors are reactive, ratner has it in his head he can do as well as burton did with alice, accept he forgot that he doesnt have an ounce of the visionary talent that tim has... will this blow chunks/.. possibly we'll wait and see. as for snow and the seven idk if disney is gonna goi near that, but who knows i know they have been trying to make mulan a live action film.

Just bought dvd of "alice in the wonderland" at costco yesterday.

much enjoyed. My kids love it, too.

the oracle fortold the slaying of a dragon owned by red queen by alice

---

absolute turned into a blue butterfly and accompanied alice to China.