Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too much energy?

S.Teebas Guest

Too much energy?

Does anyone here have problems trying to sleep? It's just that when i lay down I feel my body is so full of energy/chi I can't sleep due to this.

I posted another thread recently about yoga/meditation. Would doing this help me manage it better? Are there any methods to like 'turn down the voltage' type of thing?
    (This is a serious post)

Thanks,
    S.Teebas

Repulsive Monkey Guest

HHmm

If you have problems getting off to sleep at night and you are restless its more likely to be a Heart Qi deficiency. If the Qi of the heart is deficient then it cannot house the Shen (spirit) thus when at night the body naturally pulls the Shen back into the Heart and allows consciousness to slip away into sleep states, if deficient the Shen is constantly aroused and cannot reside within the Heart at night. Heart Qi deficiencies also manifest via memory problems being easily startled etc.

shaolinboxer Guest
    Try eating a piece of cheese

Repulsive Monkey Guest

WHY?

Why cheese of all things???

origenx Guest
    Have you tried s*x? Works on most men like a charm.

denali Guest
    If you have too much energy, why do you want to sleep?

prana Guest
    Hi Repulsive Monkey

Hey my wise friend. Where did you gain all these knowledge from ? I am very curious :) I see mine through small/short glimpses during meditation, but not in detail like you. But I also read lots of Tibetan Buddhist systems.

Anyway, on that note, Kalachakra also states, at differing periods of sleep, the winds move to differing energy centers. As you said, the heart and the throat, and nearing the end of sleep, to the genitalia centers.

Lets compare notes :))) I am very interested

:)

[Censored] Guest

I have a similar "problem"

A few weeks ago, my teacher told me to ask for something. I thought to myself, half-jokingly, "What I really need is another hour in my day."

Well, I got 2 hours. And one of these days, I will start using them to further my practice, instead of watching kung fu movies :)

Scott R. Brown Guest
    S.Teebas,

Is your energy mental or physical or both?

I have had the same problem for most of my life. I usually train to tire my body. Aerobics can be helpful. Weight training should be avoided before sleep.

If you have an active mind, meditation could help, but normally I recommend active meditation to those with abundant exuberance. These would be activities such as yoga, Tai Chi, Chi Kung etc.

Do not view your energy abundance as a curse. It is a blessing that must be channeled appropriately and constructively. It is a tool you may use to attain goals. It may take you some time to find the right combination of activities to accommodate all of your energy. Allowing time for reading and/or contemplation before you sleep will be of great benefit if your mind is active. I have been up all night at times thinking about some topic I am attempting to navigate. Learning to let this type of thinking go when it is necessary takes practice. And as with everything else in life, the more you practice the easier it gets. Do not get discouraged, keep trying and you will succeed.

Sincerely,
    Scott

S.Teebas Guest
    Hi Scott

Thanks for the answer. I would say that the energy is a combination of both. See, that MA that i do requires a structure to be built up inside the body and as the structure is attained the energy flows stronger the more correct the poisture is. And the mind dictates what to body does.

And i work some strange hours so i work, come home and sleep for 3hours, then get up go to kung fu, then come home and try to sleep. But usually it's really difficult after training. I dont want to stop kung fu becuae i love it so much) but at the same time i also love my sleep!

Which one of the above you mentioned (yoga, tai chi, chi kung) do you consider you have the best ability I am after?

Thanks again,
    S.Teebas

Scott R. Brown Guest
    S.Teebas,

Which one is best is a matter of personal opinion and interest. I practice all three at differnt times depending on how I feel at the time and what my body needs. Each provides similar, but different benefits. it would be hard for me to recommend one over the other. I guess I would recommend whichever is available. I would try each one and see which one you prefer.

I am glad I could help.

Sincerely,
    Scott

shaolinboxer Guest
    Cheese works because it occupies your metabolism and releases soothing endorphines. Many people when they are anxious and depressed eat it without thinking about it. But it can also be used as a tool to calm you down. Like drinking warm milk, which I can't stand.

Nexus Guest
    Warm milk works wonders.

- Nexus

S.Teebas Guest
    What about cheesey warm milk?

Scott R. Brown Guest
    That would work as long as you don't cut it.

Sincerely,
    Scott