Thread: To Gene Ching

Smile To Gene Ching

dear gene,

i was watching the "extreme qigong" dvd from your company,and i was wondering if you could tell me what type of bricks are used for the iron hand competition ? they look like adobe. would it be possible to get the name of the company that provides them for the competition?or where i could get bricks of similar construction? i would like to purchase some for myself to test my iron hand on.
    Respectfully,FanWoo

Brick Breaking Competition

hello,

i was watching the "extreme qigong" dvd from "Kung Fu Magazine",and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what type of bricks are used for the iron hand competition ? they look like adobe. would it be possible to get the name of the company that provides them for the competition,or where i could purchase bricks of similar construction?

should just be red construction grade bricks.

If there's no mortar, they are cheating. If they rebake them, they are cheating.
    If they get them from anywhere other than a regular hardware store that sells construction grade bricks, they are cheating.

bricks that are made for breaking are cheater bricks, they are weak and are meant to break with relative ease.

just sayin.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I have no idea what kind of bricks those were

I wasn't at that tournament personally. Even if I did, importing bricks from China to test your iron palm seems extravagant. Is that seriously the intention behind your inquiry?

I'm glad you enjoyed Extreme Kung Fu Qigong. That remains one of our most popular demo videos.

P.S. I merged your parallel post on the Shaolin forum FANWOO, but left a permanent redirect, so you'll still get the same amount of eyeballs for your question.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Reply To Gene

dear gene, thank you for your response. no, i do not intend to import bricks from china. but i was hoping to find out what types of bricks are being used in the competition. see, all the bricks in my area are concrete. now while i have broken concrete bricks before, i notice that the bricks in the competition are made of a red clay. i just thought it would be a differant experience to break the same stuff the masters use.
    Respectfully,FanWoo

bricks made up north are stronger then bricks made down south i have been told. how true is it? i do not know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.