Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taiji Legacy San Shou Question

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    no Tai Chi Legacy this year, that sucks!!!!!
    Well there is a slim chance in the fall. I'm keeping my hopes up.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the old prediction that the 2008 event would not happen.

In getting large venuse and community centers. the first thing you find out quickly is that the only thing that gives you a reserved location is MONEY - as in a deposit. Also, in many instances, the deposit is not fully refundable. Often it is 100% nonrefundable and is also not a small amount of money.

Now the fun part of all of this is that many times, when you approach one location about renting it out, they may or may not be forthcoming with a quote or dates. While it is important to you, your event is NOT the most important thing on their desk. Also, in regards to martial arts events, not all locations are that keen to have one. Seems that some of the martial arts events have garnered us all a bad name (One I recall in SF - at one of the Universities there - a competitor vandalized the place - broken glass and such - when they lost their fights. Funny thing was they ended up in the local ER from the glass breakage and the local authorities were trying to decide if the damage was on purpose or an accident. On purpose meant a felony arrest (damage was over the misdemeanor amount) and this was all being discussed at teh ER while the person was being stitched up.

But I digress... So, if you are a promoter, you don't want to lay your money down for a location you might not want while trying to negotiate for a better place... And at the same time, if you do not lay the money down, you may end up like this where the date you want is already booked for your second choice venue and your first choice venue has fallen through.

When this happens, you either scramble like mad - or you cut your losses and say to he11 with it and do it next year.

Well, hopefully TJL will happen in the Fall. Fingers crossed!

Ring Dimensions at Taiji Legacy

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had the dimensions of the rings during the 2007 TJL. I am trying to mark it off in my backyard. I also noticed that the ring sizes at TJL are smaller than the other tournaments that I have been to. So, I figure I would practice in a smaller ring so that I can be prepared for it if it does happen to be small.