Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on KY laws

I have to agree with DJ on this one. The fact that people are trying desporately to leave one country for another is no spacific to Cuba-U.S. And I found it hilarious when George Dubya was giving his speach about showing the cubins the joy of Democacy and "honest elections." I'm sure he knows all about honest elections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Actually, again no it is not.

Cuba is one percent less literacy rate than the US if we are being specific, and the US is vastly larger.

All those literate people are free to read fidel's speeches and their ration cards.

It's a prison island, where very little books and media are avaliable that are not part of the govenrment's you can only read list. That literacy rate does not really go a long way when books are confiscated and burned for being subversive to the regime.....

Where independent library owners get 20 year prison terms

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Speaking of the mortgage crisis, it makes you wonder if it really should be a crime to be that stupid. Now those idiots are causing people alot smarter than them problems.

Here is a hilarious take on the subprime mess:

http://docs.google.com/TeamPresent?d...uth=true&pli=1
    That is the funnies stuff I've ever seen!
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    lol.

I was in New York recently and there are a lot of american citizens living in squalor there. It is likely moreso than what is in Cuba. Seeing as Cubans don't have homelessness to speak of.

I think if you haven't been somewhere, then you really don't have anything to say about it simply because you are posturing from a point of total ignorance.

having said that, Cuba is beautiful, has a better medical system than the USA and has a higher Literacy standing in the world than the USA. Go figure eh? Not exactly what I would call squalor, but then I also understand the tendency for narrow thinking and views coming from developed countries where knowledge is short and prejudice is high. lol

now, I'm not a fan of communism, but I'm even less of a fan of narrow views based on hearsay and nonsense.
    One of my major customers does business with Cuba so I have been there quite a bit, even with their US rep *gasp*, seen the good and the bad, seen the very good and the very bad.
    Just like everywhere else really.

Seen more crap in Florida than I have in Cuba though.

Anyways...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    Actually, again no it is not.

Cuba is one percent less literacy rate than the US if we are being specific, and the US is vastly larger.

All those literate people are free to read fidel's speeches and their ration cards.

It's a prison island, where very little books and media are avaliable that are not part of the govenrment's you can only read list. That literacy rate does not really go a long way when books are confiscated and burned for being subversive to the regime.....

Where independent library owners get 20 year prison terms
    Where on earth are you getting this information from? a time machine?

If you went state by state, school for school, the USA has a dismal literacy rating relative to the GDP, GNP and Monies allocated. Even on a per capita basis, the USA doesn't have the same literacy rating as Cuba.

the UN has stats on this. Look em up. I ain't doing your google work for ya! lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Cuba is a beautiful country that has plenty of potential, and in recent years it's bad leadership has been saved by subsidies from Venezuela. Cuba is not as bad as some on this forum are making it out to be, but it certainly has it's considerable flaws. Given the right leadership Cuba could certainly flourish.
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    so you can still marry your cousin in KY, right?
    It's been a while since I took family law in law school, but I think Alabama has the most relaxed standards when it comes to marrying relatives. I believe its legal to marry your 3rd cousin in Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Cuba is a beautiful country that has plenty of potential, and in recent years it's bad leadership has been saved by subsidies from Venezuela. Cuba is not as bad as some on this forum are making it out to be, but it certainly has it's considerable flaws. Given the right leadership Cuba could certainly flourish.
    The Trade embargo hasn't helped, but they have survived.
    Funny thing is if the US had learned a lesson form the fall of the USSR, the Cuba situation woudl have been a non-issue by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    It's been a while since I took family law in law school, but I think Alabama has the most relaxed standards when it comes to marrying relatives. I believe its legal to marry your 3rd cousin in Alabama.

Thank you for the expert advice!!!
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The Trade embargo hasn't helped, but they have survived.
    Funny thing is if the US had learned a lesson form the fall of the USSR, the Cuba situation woudl have been a non-issue by now.
    Yeah, the embargo is old, outdated, and just plain stupid at this point. You can't use human rights to justify it, we do business with much worse regimes. It's just left over cold war hard feelings and garbage.
    Bless you

Yeah, the embargo is old, outdated, and just plain stupid at this point. You can't use human rights to justify it, we do business with much worse regimes. It's just left over cold war hard feelings and garbage.
    The US would have probably manage to get rid of Castro quicker by maintaining relations, as it was Cuba become a symbol of American strong arm tactics.
    To no avail.

Still, one has hopes for the future.

Basic Education Statistics

USA
    Cuba
    Leader?

Literacy

General literacy rate
    97%
    96%
    School life expectancy (years)
    USA
    Secondary school enrollment
    97%
    81%
    USA
    College-level enrollment
    81%
    13%
    USA
    Primary school student-teacher ratio
    Cuba
    Secondary school student-teacher ratio
    Cuba
    Public expenditures (% GDP)
    Cuba
    Public expenditures (% gov. budget)
    USA
    Concept by The Globalist. Copyright © 2002 by The Globalist. Data: UNESCO and CIA

BTW-Dave, it figures you ignore the main point of my paragraph

College-level enrollment
    81%
    13%
    Does that mean that 81% of the population the in states has college education of some sort?
    What does that 81% enrollment mean?

Yep

It means that 81% goes onto enlist in higher education.

I think if you haven't been somewhere, then you really don't have anything to say about it simply because you are posturing from a point of total ignorance.
    http://www.therealcuba.com/

now, I'm not a fan of communism, but I'm even less of a fan of narrow views based on hearsay and nonsense.
    Actually Castro's own daughter, Alina Fernández Revuelta, fled the country to come here.

She remembers cartoons being taken off television in favor of broadcasting executions ordered by her father.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams