Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Suen Sifu on Bak Hsing CLF

Awesome vids - you're on a roll. Keep it going.

nospam.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori Science View Post
    I took the Bisi I did with him pretty serious, he kept me fed thru college & kept me going/training thru a lot of hard times over the last few years. Originally he made me his disciple in the back of the restaurant. The ceremony was important to me so I prodded at him to do it with me before I left, he said "you know it really never mattered to me, all I'm worried about is what is in your heart"

I think you need to be grounded like that in TCMA, the art emphasizes so much on aggression and violence that without a good heart the results can be, well you get the idea. Mark Ho Sifu says just that in one of his interview vids, the the strength of TCMA is that they transcend simply being a way of killing, that they give you a sense of history and culture, they make a place in the world for you and help you to become a complete person because there must be more to the art than simply teaching the most direct method to kill. That said, the art cannot deviate from its purpose or it ceases to be a "martial" art. There are a lot of enlightened philosophers out there pretending to be taiji experts, I know as I've met a few....
    "What the heck's this guy doing on the stage" After I make some dinner I'm gonna try to watch that hour long chat Franky Lau did with his Sifu, I'm sure I'll pick something up from a second viewing...you got me Googling Sharif Bey how much you big him up!.

Good luck with your training in BS CLF, it was cool to see a bit of it outside of the internet.

Thumbs up

cool demos and vids of your sifu.good stuff Satori

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Sing Gwoon View Post
    cool demos and vids of your sifu.good stuff Satori
    thanks Nick, I really appreciate the kind words.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Blog Entries
    Brule if you don't know me you should introduce yourself.

I find it funny how people always try to relate to others who are proving their hard work and knowledge very successfully and saying, "oh yeah, we've always done that." If two things are the same then they would be "the same" but in many cases, just because it looks the same it feels totally different.

what are you trying to say? Have you ever seen what the Lau Bun lineage does in application? I mean really? we have been secretive for so long, can you honestly say to me that you know for sure that much of what the Buk Sing Kwoon does in fighting, is NOT some of the same stuff we do in Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut? Hmmm......i wonder if being that Buk Sing originally being Hung Sing would have any credence to what i'm saying?

YES THE BUK SING KWOON DESERVES ALL THE PROPS THE GET. AND TO ME BUK SING IS MY FAMILY IN THIS CHOY LEE FUT WORLD.

So if any of you got something to say directly to me.. here's my email......sifufrank@gmail.com
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 03-13-2008 at 11:10 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Brule,
    no worries. This isnt a fight at all.

dont worry about HSKWarrior. He cool off just as quick as he gets worked up.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Blog Entries
    no need to cool off eddie.....im not ****ed. he obviously doesn't know my lineage. so its ok, ill stand up n answer for myself.

Blog Entries
    its all good.

where you from brule? what do you do?

sorry frank
    得 心 應 手

Foundation Form

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rNqHgmaQ3QA

A quick demo of our first set, it contains all the principle of movement and combat for the system and teaches the usage of our hand techniques. Not a bad demo I thought considering I hadn't done this form for 3 years.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Not bad for a youngster, a little bit more waist/hip and a little bit more wrist/joint rotatation would have given you more power and more pentration with speed, instead you dragged your feet with every turn. The foundation of CLF is in Da Bok and Sie Bok. Don't worry if you don't agree, it is just an old guy's ranting. Carry on.

I agree, I was defiantly dragging my feet, like I've said I rarely work on forms at all & this was the first time I had gone thru that set at that pace in some time. To be honest I wasn't rooting off my front foot properly & even forgot the next movement once or twice. I actually forgot how much I like doing this form, I just ran thru it impromptu after sparring last night.

Its funny, the mistakes I saw are the things I always rag on students for when I teach the set. I'll post it up again once I put a little time into it. Just wanted to put up one of our less seen forms

Pce.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rNqHgmaQ3QA

A quick demo of our first set, it contains all the principle of movement and combat for the system and teaches the usage of our hand techniques. Not a bad demo I thought considering I hadn't done this form for 3 years.
    That was really cool, thanks for posting it. You can really see the northern influence in Bak Sing in that set.

I agree, I was defiantly dragging my feet, like I've said I rarely work on forms at all & this was the first time I had gone thru that set at that pace in some time. Pce.
    “ru zi ke jiao”!
    孺子可教!

Mister XJ, please can you tell me more, or send me links to sonehting i can read, about Da Bok Se Bok.

You;ve mentioned this years ago, and Im still trying to figure out what it is.
    can you also type the chinese for me?

sorry for giving you these orders
    得 心 應 手