Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Suen Sifu on Bak Hsing CLF

Da Bok is to rotate the shoulder (hence the waist/hip) as though you are to strike with the back hand. Sie Bok is to unwind as though you are to strike with the lead hand. It is the first thing everyone learns in Ng Lun Ma, with our hands on our hip and move the yeo ma (waist and stance) only.

oh ok. i understand.

thanks.

can you write the chinese text for that here please?
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    Da Bok is to rotate the shoulder (hence the waist/hip) as though you are to strike with the back hand. Sie Bok is to unwind as though you are to strike with the lead hand. It is the first thing everyone learns in Ng Lun Ma, with our hands on our hip and move the yeo ma (waist and stance) only.
    Oooooh... so that's why we do it...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    oh ok. i understand.

thanks.

can you write the chinese text for that here please?
    “da bok, sie bok”
    打 膊, 射 膊

thanks
    谢谢
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

An interesting pattern. Although Satori and I are of the same family through our Sigung, our patterns have a distinctive difference. Not to mention my GBK is taught more at a 'green belt' level as we favor Yat Mun Kuen for our beginners.

GBK has always been my favorite pattern followed by Sup Ji Gin Kuen- the shorter version of Sup Ji.

Keep spreading the Faith bro.

nospam

Priceless

it may seem twisted but I haven't been able to stop laughing every time I watch it, its actually starting to get on Dave's nerves. its short and worth a good laugh.

am I humbel or what
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q6xRTg2ZYTU
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Quote Originally Posted by Satori Science View Post
    it may seem twisted but I haven't been able to stop laughing every time I watch it, its actually starting to get on Dave's nerves. its short and worth a good laugh.

am I humbel or what
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q6xRTg2ZYTU
    lmao, glad I left yall crib when I did....

Blog Entries
    i really like this one........

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j5KdQaY6VeM
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Frank

You like the music or the demo of Sifu Suen

Steeve

Blog Entries
    i can't hear it, i'm on the libraries computer.

sorry.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

That was the rarely seen but often felt Bak Hsing SHADOW kick! Wong Fei Hung this sucker!

nospam

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    but Buk Sing has their right to claim the things they've developed. If no one else had developed it before, then they have the right to claim the first.

The Lien Wan Chop Choy is Tam Sam's development, now i see it in Chan Family material. As long as that gets acknowledged by the Chan, and give full credit to Tam Sam, or any school that adopts the Lien Wan into their curriculum, we all need to give Tam Sam full credit.

However, Chan Heung, and Jeung Hung Sing were equally as famous, and Jeung Yim was referred to as one of southern China's greatest fighters, and they deserve full credit for what they developed as well.

We should give ALL 3 masters full credit for what CLF has become today.
    But as far as I know Lien Wan is just repetitive Chop Choys . . . there is nothing "super special" about it's application. Even I was doing it before I knew what it was "officially" called.

As for how much someone is leaning in, IMO, it depends on the situation and the person. I favor a more angular and more leaning type of style than some of my brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Infrazael View Post
    But as far as I know Lien Wan is just repetitive Chop Choys . . . there is nothing "super special" about it's application. Even I was doing it before I knew what it was "officially" called.

As for how much someone is leaning in, IMO, it depends on the situation and the person. I favor a more angular and more leaning type of style than some of my brothers.
    Then why is Tam Sam so famous and considered a Hung Sing masters by all of you even though he never completed the system?

Its not as simple as repetitive chops, it is the release of subsequent chop chois that are as, & even more powerful than the first without pulling the hand back at all but advancing with the fist and the step @ once. If you do this the way we do then you are lucky as it is the most useful fighting techniques I have ever learned. It is not about the shape or the "form" of the technique it is the substance of the movements performance, the method of generating and releasing power, the "sharpness of the ging" its quality....

" When mentioning Interlinking punching, created by Tam Sam I am really exclaimed. Twenty years ago, when the article on interlinking punching was published, many people from our community ("the CLF as a whole I assume") and even seniors showed different responses. Some of them said that in fact Interlinking punching is the punching from left to right. Every school has direct punching from left to right. Even the simplest wester quan has enlisted this basic fighting method."
    Some of them said that interlinking punching has combined the punching from left to right with the punching of yin and yang and slinking and sneaking.
    Even a person from our community said in an authoritative tone: "Every school is cheating by showing some unique skills. In fact there are no unique skills at all....."
    Some people take the unknown as the known. At the time I was young and did not have the heart to debate with those seniors. I just practiced hard by myself."

Jun Chui Yu 3rd Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    Last edited by Satori Science; 03-30-2008 at 06:03 AM.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"