Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism & MMA

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy View Post
    Costas is Greek.
    I knew a greek girl, she love to...er...um...nevermind..
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I knew a greek girl, she love to...er...um...nevermind..
    Pics...or it didnt happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Pics...or it didnt happen.
    That's right, it didn't happen !
    You didn't see anything ! * circles hands in the air*
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

what...what was going on?

Personally, I think there's a lot of white supremacist rhetoric being bandied about in this thread, and I find it disturbing.

The question is not: "Doesn't he have the right to say..........?"

It's: "Yeah, he has the right. But don't we have the responsibility to weed out the problem, sequester it, and cast it out to the pigs (and by pigs, I mean white supremacists)?"

BTW Mighty B: thank you for quoting a racial psychology study performed in 1982, such as society has not progressed since then and we're still dealing with the same racial demographics and the same political environment. Thank you, sir.

*In case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic.

One of the many advantages whites enjoy in America is a relative freedom from the draining obligation of racial inversion. Whites do not have to spend precious time fashioning an identity out of simply being white. They are white. The biggest racial demographic? White. They do not have to self-consciously imbue whiteness with an ideology, because their ideology is the Constitution, the Capitalist Economy, and Judeo-Christian ideologies. They don't have to look to whiteness for some special essence, or divide up into factions and wrestle over what it means to be white. Their racial collectivism, to the extent that they feel it, creates no imbalance between the collective and the individual. This, of course, is yet another blessing of history and of power, of never having lived in the midst of an overwhelming enemy race.

Poor, poor white people, that they now have to contend with immigrant populations, the influx of foriegners, and a new "PC" language. Poor, poor white people, that their little self-containing bubble must burst, and they have to actually deal with other races as equals.

For millenia, the white race has treated foriegn populations as inferior--from Alexander and Aristotle to the Colonials, to the US founders, to the "White Man's Democratic Burden" of the Bush era.

So if a white supremacist convict gets tossed out of an MMA tourney because he has propaganda tattooed across his chest, and clearly is using (evidenced by no lack of quotes) his 15 minutes to forward a racist platform--well, that would only show that MMA has something that it has never shown before.....

Class.
    1bad65--They Call Him Ore Ida, the Tater-Terminator
    http://www.freewebs.com/shaolinninjitsu/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    We had to shut down our first Shaolin Ninjitsu in Shangdong when a key mistranslation of ancient scrolls led to the entire clan bowing down to incense and burning buddhas everywhere in the province.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    Trolling? What does fishing have to do with this?
    Ashida Kim taught me everything I ever needed to know about the missile dropkick.

BTW, if he is allowed to compete, he should only be able to use "White" martial arts, such that the Brazilians, Thais, Japanese, Chinese, etc. are all inferior to his supreme "White" martial arts of the motherland.

*In case you couldn't tell, I was being really sarcastic in that last line.*

So I guess that leaves him with old-school Irish boxing (without the African American and Hispanic modifications that really made the sport/art what it is), and Greco Roman wrestling. I don't know, does Savate count as a white art? It's kind of like kickboxing, only with that effete French influence.
    We had to shut down our first Shaolin Ninjitsu in Shangdong when a key mistranslation of ancient scrolls led to the entire clan bowing down to incense and burning buddhas everywhere in the province.
    Ashida Kim taught me everything I ever needed to know about the missile dropkick.

Quote Originally Posted by Seppukku View Post
    The question is not: "Doesn't he have the right to say..........?"

It's: "Yeah, he has the right. But don't we have the responsibility to weed out the problem, sequester it, and cast it out to the pigs (and by pigs, I mean white supremacists)?"
    Before the White Supremacy pundits revv their engines, I should clarify: I don't think the government needs to regulate free speech. But, as is the case, we the people do. It's why we can say "****" on cable television after 10 PM, but not on this website. It's a matter of what is proper for the context. The government need not pass a law, but why doesn't the commission that oversees MMA? Is it proper to propagate white supremacist agendas in MMA, which is essentially "Mixed Foriegn Martial Arts", Anglocized by the UFC (which stole it from Brazilian Vale Tudo and Japanese Pride)?

Freedom of speech should never be taken away from anyone, regardless of their words nor stance on any issue.
    On the flip side if all of us ignore stupid *******s, and throw up our arms saying "just ignore it" racism will never go away.
    Shame on KOTC for promoting such idiots, and their ideas. Shame on those who buy tickets to see this fighter (or any other racist) fight. People will argue with me, but in the end you are all helping to perpetuate the problem.
    If I ran an organization I would tell him to remove the tat's or he does not fight with my organization. Simple. People aren't really interested in making the world a better place if they can make money. Period. Sad.
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Aw, you two are being too harsh. Come on, give the guy a chance......if he's good enough for parole, he's good enough to roll.

[Gets on phone with Kimbo to set up a match and teach that white boy some manners]

I would give him a chance. He has a chance to at the very least, remove the propoganda bull**** from his body. I would love to see Silva, or Evans, Jackson, or Randleman crush a fool like that who "is showing his pride for his race!"
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Hoelzer Reich

'A bad-ass line of apparel' indeed. I have this Shaolin swastika tie clasp. It's a small red circle with a gold swastika. I've never worn it and probably never will. It's all about context.
    December 14, 2009 | 2:21 pm
    Neo-Nazis in mixed martial arts?
    Posted by Brad A. Greenberg

Is it fair that some people associate mixed martial arts with racist groups? Probably not in general. But what individual mixed martial artists that sport Hoelzer Reich gear, which features iron crosses and SS symbols and is being attacked by some fans as a neo-Nazi branch of UFC?

A UFC spokesman said the group had “no affiliation with any right-wing groups or ideology.

“The head of UFC UK, Marshall Zelaznik, is Jewish and as a company we would have absolutely nothing to do with anything antisemitic at all.

“Our fans and our fighters are into heavy metal and heavy rap whether they are black, white, Jewish, Japanese or Chinese. We have fans all over the world. Their lifestyle is tattoos, heavy metal and rap.”

Hoelzer Reich’s website states the company has no links to political organisations.

On the site, owner Jed Colvin writes: “Our interest in German imagery comes from a historical and ancestral standpoint. For many years, we have collected German memorabilia.

“We chose the name Hoelzer Reich, not only because it reflects Strength and Honour, but because it is part of our family history. We started this company using a family name, our love for apparel and design, and a desire to create a bad-ass line of apparel.”
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

racism of course is wrong. but i dont think that brand of clothing is racist. too many people see any thing german and instantly associate that with hitler and nazis. which simply is kind of stupid, it would be like, well anything distinctly american being associated with the massacre of the native tribes.....

some things are just, well, german. and, last time i checked, being german itself does not mean you are racists. lol

the iron cross isnt just a racist image. it was actually developed before world war 2. its fashioned after the crosses that the Teutonic Knights used in the 14th century.

now dont go thinking i sport iron crosses or are some nazi, because im not, and dont dress with that style. but facts are facts.

the original german iron cross is intended to carry with it the same message as any other religious cross.

god forbid, dont wear any red white and blue or you may be one who supports rabid genocide...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    'A bad-ass line of apparel' indeed. I have this Shaolin swastika tie clasp. It's a small red circle with a gold swastika. I've never worn it and probably never will. It's all about context.
    Holzer Reich is out of the MMA clothing business because of the uproar. This is old news.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Where's the issue? Either you are a skinhead or you get the chance to knock one out. It's a win/win.

i say let him fight im sure theres plenty of guys in mma that would like to get a crack at rearanging a neo nazis face

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down