Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Racism & MMA

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    wow dude just wow. couldn't get more stereotypical could you?

So your saying that 'all' everyone in rural america are imbred and that they led by the nose of the govt. to vote any platform that the center has?

people sometimes make me mad that they just kinda throw anyone not in a city into deliverance standards. Talk about racist views. I find more racist people in cities than in the outer.
    just exaggerating to make a point. don't take everything so literal. Of course not everyone outside the city limits is from Kentucky. That;s just silly.
    Some are from N. Dakota...

ignorant stereotypes are why there is so much hate.
    And yes, you are right, there is alot of ignorance in the most "cosmopolitan" of cities. There are flipsides and extremes to everything. Staunch republicans,liberal democrats, and everything in between.
    In my neck of the woods, NYC, and LI, there are people that think they are so sophisticated that they are blinded by their ignorance and self-righteousness.
    BTW_ the Church of the Creator has a large contingent right here in Long Island, NY-scary sh1t, huh?
    Last edited by TenTigers; 12-17-2009 at 08:27 AM.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    didn't know if you were just being absolute literal on your statement. I agree there are on both sides ignorant racist. Just didn't know if you were being totally committed to that statement though. internet=Lack of tone.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

back on topic,
    So, the fact that Costa is a white supremist, and is a hero of sorts to young, impressionable youth-due to the fact that he is a MMA fighter on the circuit, does bother me.
    I think the promoters should be aware of the impact and influence the sport has, especially on the youth, and should have a responsibility to show MMA in a better light.

yeah, right. Wishfull thinking. Promotors are in business to make money.
    Besides, this could become another angle to draw in more crowds.
    People love to hate.
    They could parlay this into a fortune. You will have the haters on one side, paying just to see him get a beating, and supporters on the other, rooting for their homeboy.
    Violence is sure to erupt in the stands, only creating more media attention and hype.
    I tell ya, this boy's a goldmine! $$$$
    So..as a jew, is it a bad thing for me to want to invest in this guy's career?
    Last edited by TenTigers; 12-17-2009 at 09:14 AM.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

when he retires, he can play the lead in "Springtime for Hitler."
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

and back, off-topic...
    I agree there are on both sides ignorant racist.
    Racism exists everywhere.
    My family's Russian jewish, and my father told me that many Russian Jews from his region, hate "Glitzies." Jews from Galitzia. His mother used to say, "A Glitzie can go in a revolving door in back of you, and come out in front of you"
    My mom hates Germans. (my best friend for over thirty years is German, but since he was adopted, my mom tolerates him :-) She wasn't too thrilled about me dating a German girl, and was relieved when we broke up and I began dating a Chinese girl. "Well, at least she's not German." oy-vey....
    Many Chinese hate Japanese. Many Guongdong-yan hate Hakka-yan.
    I believe Chusaulei once related a story to me where he was treated with racism by a group of Chinese, due to his origin being from another province.
    Many Northerners hate Southerners. I had a Northern Chinese family walk out of my school when they found out I taught Hung-Ga, a Southern system.
    My ex's mom hates Northerners-she still refers to them as Chings.
    it truly amazes me.
    Last edited by TenTigers; 12-17-2009 at 09:29 AM.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

it's all very confusing. I'm not sure who to hate....
    Last edited by TenTigers; 12-17-2009 at 09:34 AM.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

wow dude just wow. couldn't get more stereotypical could you?

So your saying that 'all' everyone in rural america are imbred and that they led by the nose of the govt. to vote any platform that the center has?

people sometimes make me mad that they just kinda throw anyone not in a city into deliverance standards. Talk about racist views. I find more racist people in cities than in the outer.
    You'll have to forgive him, he's a new yorker
    They have no concept of life outside of their metro area
    My relatives think it's a short drive from California to Texas (or Baltimore to NYC for that matter), but heaven forbid you ask them to make the drive from Newark to Yonkers.

funniest thing to me is that the only time i ever stumbled into anyone from the KKK (specifically a house in the back woods sporting various flags like the stars & bars) was when i got lost driving around baltimore (in the heart of the "enlightened" east coast).
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

i live in portland or, you have no idea how many people ask me if we are all farmers here...dude its a city with a couple million people. likewise a lot of hte people that live here have no idea where say, washinton DC is located. some know nothing besides whats on the west coast. geographical retardedness is rampant all over the states.

i just love it when people go up to mexico or down to canada....what are they from australia?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i live in portland or, you have no idea how many people ask me if we are all farmers here...dude its a city with a couple million people.
    wow, that's alot of freakin farmers. How do you guys survive?
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    You'll have to forgive him, he's a new yorker
    They have no concept of life outside of their metro area

uh...wha? You mean..you can go outside? Past the toll booths? No one's ever done that....I've heard stories...horrible stories..NO! Don't venture beyond the BOOTHS! YOU'LL DIE!!!

funniest thing to me is that the only time i ever stumbled into anyone from the KKK (specifically a house in the back woods sporting various flags like the stars & bars) was when i got lost driving around baltimore (in the heart of the "enlightened" east coast).
    like I said, the World Church of the Creator, a really nasty White Supremist group has a contingent right in central Long Island. It's out there.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    wow, that's alot of freakin farmers. How do you guys survive?
    we grow organically
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Lucas, it's the same thing with people from other states, when they find out I'm from NY. They always ask me if I carry a gun and a knife. LOL!

well, actually, I do.
    But that's besides the point!
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Lucas, this would go great with your sig:
    "I'm the antichrist. You got me in a vendetta kind'a mood.
    You tell the angels in heaven, you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXdzGi9_8s8
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Lucas, this would go great with your sig:
    "I'm the antichrist. You got me in a vendetta kind'a mood.
    You tell the angels in heaven, you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXdzGi9_8s8
    hell ya that quote is awesome! last night i was watching a c. walken SNL compilation, so its kind of funny to see that.

you mean to tell me you dont get mugged and then saved by the ninja turtles weekly over there?

Now I'm wondering how that shirt is selling for Xmas...

""It's about family history," she told FoxNews.com. "It's not about Nazis at all."' That's a slippery slope there. All of our family histories might contain links to racism. That's how the world was. And now, we endeavor to rise above that.
    Martial Arts Organization Defends Ban on Nazi-Like Apparel
    Friday, December 18, 2009
    By Joshua Rhett Miller

The most popular mixed martial arts organization in the United States is laying down the law: You can fight with us, you can bleed for us, you can shout till you're hoarse for us ... but under no circumstances can you walk into an eight-sided ring looking like a Nazi.

Zuffa LLC, which owns World Extreme Cagefighting and the Ultimate Fighting Champioship, is standing by its decision to ban apparel made by Hoelzer Reich, a California apparel company, due to the "offensive" images on the clothing that invoke symbols of Nazi Germany.

World Extreme Cagefighting general manager Reed Harris told FoxNews.com the decision was a "no-brainer" after a Dec. 5 bout in which UFC fighter Joe Brammer wore a Hoelzer Reich shirt featuring an iron cross.

"We felt there was a possibility that some of their clothing, some of their symbols could be offensive," Harris said. "Once we looked into it, we immediately made the decision to not allow them into our events. It was a no-brainer, it really was."

The "shocking" images found on some Hoelzer Reich apparel, Harris said, will be permanently banned from all WEC and UFC fights.

Jamie Vine, owner of Hoelzer Reich, has apologized for "any controversy and the excessive media attention it has brought to Zuffa," but she defended the symbols on the clothing, saying they predate the Third Reich by centuries.

"The imagery that we reference dates back hundreds of years before Nazi Germany, and we did not realize that the brief association some of the imagery had with Nazi Germany over 70 years ago would still be so sensitive to so many people," the company said in statement issued earlier this month.

"Bottom line: we NEVER meant to offend ANYONE. We do not support the Neo Nazi 'cause,' nor do we promote any racist ideologies."

Other images found on Hoelzer Reich apparel include depictions of the Prussian/German war helmet and flaming skulls surrounding the iron cross.

Vine said she was "not at all surprised" by the controversy surrounding her company's apparel, but she was adamant that Hoelzer Reich garments do not contain images of swastikas or SS bolts.

"It's about family history," she told FoxNews.com. "It's not about Nazis at all."

She declined to indicate whether the shirt Brammer wore into the ring will be discontinued.

According to its Web site, Hoelzer Reich translates directly to "Lumberjack Nation" or "Lumberjack Empire."

"We chose the name Hoelzer Reich, not only because it reflects Strength and Honor, but because it is part of our family history," the Web site reads. "We do not have any Political affiliations with any organizations, nor specific views of any controversial parties. Our interest in the Iron Cross and German history comes strictly from a historical and ancestral standpoint."

Calls to Brammer seeking comment were not returned Tuesday.

Ardy Arani, managing director and CEO of Championship Group Inc., a sports marketing firm based in Atlanta, said the move by Zuffa to ban the controversial apparel is proof that the company is serious about regulation.

"The UFC is attempting to regulate themselves like any other legitimate sport does," Arnai told FoxNews.com. "What this points out if they're serious about it. They're saying, 'Hey guys, we're running a sport here. We get to write the rulebook.'"

Rick Burton, a sports marketing professor at Syracuse University and former chief marketing officer of the United States Olympic Committee, said Zuffa was right to ban the clothing.

"These are some of the most offensive images in history," Burton said. "So I think the organization is obviously not wanting that association with their product and with their brand."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart