Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Racism & MMA

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ""It's about family history," she told FoxNews.com. "It's not about Nazis at all."' That's a slippery slope there. All of our family histories might contain links to racism. That's how the world was. And now, we endeavor to rise above that.
    Interesting. For years, I skateboarded on Independent Trucks and thought nothing of it. The company is still going strong after all these years:

http://www.nhsfunfactory.com/brands/...dent/2/Trucks/
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    Interesting. For years, I skateboarded on Independent Trucks and thought nothing of it. The company is still going strong after all these years:

http://www.nhsfunfactory.com/brands/...dent/2/Trucks/
    yep, i rolled independants too, or grind kings. depending on what was cheaper at the shop after i broke or ground my old ones to death.

if people educate themselves and think about things without being rapped up in emotions, they would realize the iron cross in itself is not racist.

suppose the nazis had just used a regular cross....boy what a clusterfuk that would have turned the world into.

its just a holy cross from a different culture and its been around a long ass time.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    yep, i rolled independants too, or grind kings. depending on what was cheaper at the shop after i broke or ground my old ones to death.

if people educate themselves and think about things without being rapped up in emotions, they would realize the iron cross in itself is not racist.

suppose the nazis had just used a regular cross....boy what a clusterfuk that would have turned the world into.

its just a holy cross from a different culture and its been around a long ass time.
    Great post, bro.
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

what i always thought was interesting about the nazis is that they were pretty anti-Christian; yes they had a whole lot of emphasis/obsession over the holy grail; but I think it's pretty well documented that they were interested in promoting a revival of the pre-Christian pagan religion of northern europe. so the idea that they would sequester a cross (of all things) for a representation of their regime, it's almost... ironic?
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    what i always thought was interesting about the nazis is that they were pretty anti-Christian; yes they had a whole lot of emphasis/obsession over the holy grail; but I think it's pretty well documented that they were interested in promoting a revival of the pre-Christian pagan religion of northern europe. so the idea that they would sequester a cross (of all things) for a representation of their regime, it's almost... ironic?
    lol ya. those strange bastids.

the thing about me is that i dont feel bad defending germans in regards to NOT all of them being nazis because while part of my blood is german, im not a full blooded white man. so its not possible for me to be a white supremisist. the funniest thing is i usually hold that information until someone says im a racist or a white supremisist, then i make em look like ignorant retards.

hell germans now days are just huge partiers. they really know how to get down, probably has something to do with the whole world hating them for half a century.
    Last edited by Lucas; 12-18-2009 at 02:56 PM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    Great post, bro.

independants are the ****. big hardcore heavy and tough as nails. like the longest lasting trucks. i still have a few pairs that are ground down so the axles are exposed. but you could still ride em!

i was a big fan of Zero for my boards.

remember having a gator 2 with independents and slimeball wheels back in the day.
    my lil brother had a vision psycho stick; definitely the cooler board of the 2, but don't remember what else he had on it.
    neither of us could really skate for cr@p though.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

i was one of those annoying guys that liked to ride small hard wheels. i was all about spitfire until my later years then i switched over to the jellys for the smooth riding.

man brings back memories.

swiss bones bearings ftw

i picked up a board with the small wheels in college (a full decade or so after my initial attempt at being a skater) and i hated that thing, kept flying off the board at every little pebble. The original monster truck boards were less about tricks and more about riding around town.

oh ya for sure, it all started with the sidewalk surfing, its funny because skating has kind of come full circle, starting off with the long sidewalk surfing boards, now they are totally back in style. lots of long boarders out there.

dogtown and z-boys is a cool documentary about the whole rise.

i was decent. i could take 8 stairs and hand rails. that was my biggest though, so def not pro lvl. i ended up quitting when i got more obsessively serious with kungfu.

i like to think i quit while i was ahead. i never broke a bone skating, i forget how many ive busted with kungfu lol

i rode venture-feather lites... big wheels... i was a speed demon big stair/big gap guy. kickflip down 13 stairs... no prob... busted my a$$ many times though. LOL i skated the better part of 8 or 9 years when i was younger.

good times. there is nothing like it really. things come close but nothing quite like it. my most prideful moments were skating lol

out of curiosity, ever break any bones from skating? i count myself lucky that i never did. lots of sprains, scrapes and bruises though. i skated from 14-17 then started again at 20-24.

im 30 now, been thinking about picking up a longboard...i still have the last board i rode, still in nice condition i use it to hold my computer to taunt me.

In reality, he loss! That speaks for itself..

But another thing to look at is the fact that his career will be handicapped due to his tats.. He can believe what he wants, but when you broadcast those beliefs, It will become an issue for him..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    good times. there is nothing like it really. things come close but nothing quite like it. my most prideful moments were skating lol

out of curiosity, ever break any bones from skating? i count myself lucky that i never did. lots of sprains, scrapes and bruises though. i skated from 14-17 then started again at 20-24.

im 30 now, been thinking about picking up a longboard...i still have the last board i rode, still in nice condition i use it to hold my computer to taunt me.
    I have a Classic Caballero deck with Independent trucks and Slimeball wheels. I still ride it from time to time. I can still olie curbs, which is about as fancy as I get these days.

Last edited by MasterKiller; 12-28-2009 at 01:34 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Free speech arguments usually have nothing to do with free speech.

What is portrayed and said at a King of the Cage event is a matter of free speech for King of the Cage, not each person appearing there. They can edit out anything they want, it has no constitutional bearing whatsoever.

What fighters say and do there is a matter of contract, contracts they signed to be there. Again, no constitutional argument whatsoever.

There is nothing in the constitution that says that we don't have to honor reasonable contracts.

If I sign a contract that says "I'll work at this job, while understanding that I cannot bring an AK to work and am here to work, and thus am not here to promote my political or religious views" I contractually will have to honor that, because I agreed to it, and it's perfectly reasonable. Again, no free speech issue.

There is no one working at any major company on this forum who has not made this same general agreement.

He has every right to say what he wants at his own events or in his own time, if he can find cameras that want to catch him saying it. His right to free speech remains untouched.