Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Iron Palm/Body training pros and cons

Where I am we didn't get any but **** I hate this winter, feels like its gone on forever, need to move to Turks and Caycos !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I'd post a video of my breaking of two blocks, but then everyone would see how messy my garage is. I still have last years grass caked onto the mower. Shameful.

I'd try three blocks, but I'm afraid my hand would end up like a ziplock baggy full of legos!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Breaking (as most things in life) is alot more mental than physical.

So Iron Weasel, there's no doubt if you can break 2, you can break 3. Now after it does require some training.

Now, about Bob Miller. I've always liked Bob, he's a great guy, and his breaks on you tube are very good, the only comment that I have on the subject of breaking bricks that are standing upright is, 1 should be the limit.

Breaking more then 1 brick standing up, is like breaking with spacers when you're breaking downward.

I'm not taking anything away from Bob, because I have seen him break in person as well, and his Iron Palm skills are pretty good, but I notice when I broke the bricks standing on end, that less bricks equals more difficult breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hamp View Post

So Iron Weasel, there's no doubt if you can break 2, you can break 3. Now after it does require some training.

Now, about Bob Miller. I've always liked Bob, he's a great guy, and his breaks on you tube are very good, the only comment that I have on the subject of breaking bricks that are standing upright is, 1 should be the limit.

Breaking more then 1 brick standing up, is like breaking with spacers when you're breaking downward.

I'm not taking anything away from Bob, because I have seen him break in person as well, and his Iron Palm skills are pretty good, but I notice when I broke the bricks standing on end, that less bricks equals more difficult breaks.

I actually could use a good critique, though. I watched some breaks, such as Sify Miller, and he holds his palm at about eye level and drops it from there.

I hold my hand above my head and use my shoulders and body weight when I strike.

Not to mention...my garage is filthy!
    Quote:

I once saw a break of a slab that was being held by string, ****dest thing I ever saw.
    The inertia thing is tough and it would make sense that the more slabs standing the more "weight" is behind the target and so breaking could be "easier".

Still, I ain't gonna try it !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by stonewarrior67 View Post
    Why only two bricks? and why the cloth?
    A true IP master should be able to break 2 bricks with their limp *@$#

Viper, How are you? Me working seconds for now. Sorry I screwed you over and didn't call you back that one day we were supposed to get together for some HY but I was called into work and forgot all about it until now. I feel like a limp *@$#
    Haven't seen you and Hillbilly for a while.

IronWeasel you've painted the perfect picture of your garage...I've no doubt that grass caked on your mower came from your wife doing the lawn last summer and not you.

Steve, Bobs you tube break is still pretty impressive considering he had to follow through with it and they are broke clean...no pushing....that's a skill in itself only a handful of people possess...now if he was breaking downward I'd say you were right. It takes some ball matter to hit even one on end with a chop or a palm...I never did it...I always pulled and hurt my hand . We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Y'all have a great Easter!

SW

IronWeasel you've painted the perfect picture of your garage...I've no doubt that grass caked on your mower came from your wife doing the lawn last summer and not you.

SW

Well, that's 'cause if she does a good job on the lawn, I let her do the dishes!
    Quote:

There is no doubt that the demonstration that Bob has done on you tube is good.
    I just mention this because of my own experience. I learned it the hard way. I started with 1 standing and then worked my way up. As I worked my way up, I realized it was much easier to break more that way.

Steve

Sorry I screwed you over and didn't call you back that one day we were supposed to get together for some HY but I was called into work and forgot all about it until now. I feel like a limp *@$#
    Haven't seen you and Hillbilly for a while.
    SW
    Hey, what are freinds for anyways?, I broke my leg shortly after then so Ive been out of commision. Just trying to work back into it.