Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: modernization and Terrorrism pt. 2

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Whatever... same ol' rhetoric...

I'm curious- how many Muslim humanitarian missionaries are there? Do they exist? What I mean is, are there any? Like everyone loves to bash Christianity and Christian Missions- you know- they build schools, teach farming and building methods, spread literacy, set up world relief agencies to combat hunger, malaria, AIDS- oh yeah- they like that evil Jesus guy and want the people in those third world lands to at least listen to a sermon or two.

Do Muslims have an equivalent or is it all bombs, bullets, and martyrism for the poor?

Point to some links for citation when you find these Muslim missionaries.

So who's spread'n the hate?

All the above applies to the not so visual in the world press US Foreign policy. So what's good ol' Iran done for world peace? Holocaust- forgid about it.
    Islam is in it's dark age, Christianity used to be in the same! There was a time when a "mission" was to murder those who did not convert, luckily for the world and Christianity that has changed. Hopefully Islam (and Muslims) will get out of their current mentality and realize true peace, but I doubt it will happen any time soon. Too many extremeists brainwashing everyone ...
    Bless you

I'm curious- how many Muslim humanitarian missionaries are there? Do they exist? What I mean is, are there any? Like everyone loves to bash Christianity and Christian Missions- you know- they build schools, teach farming and building methods, spread literacy, set up world relief agencies to combat hunger, malaria, AIDS- oh yeah- they like that evil Jesus guy and want the people in those third world lands to at least listen to a sermon or two.

Do Muslims have an equivalent or is it all bombs, bullets, and martyrism for the poor?

Point to some links for citation when you find these Muslim missionaries.
    There are many Muslim humanitarian missionaries but they have never had the distinction or separation of 'church' and or state, like Western economies. Sadly, they comingle funds and many well meaning humanitarian missions end up lost cases.

Hizbullah in Lebanon has always been humanitarian within the local community in Lebanon but due to many signing on to spurious causes and declaration of war against Israel and the West, their mission has been compromised by jihadi interests. Keep in mind that Muslim is not a single ethnicity os group as this is a false way to categorize all Muslims!

Saudi Arabia has spread Wahabi fundamentalism to such an extent that the lines have been obscured between jihad, messianic benefit and terrorist underpinnings with humanistic concerns.

I'm always willing to give a martyr a helping hand.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"