Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iron Hand for everyone

I have trained in a few FMA systems as well and also carry a edged weapon on my person. Even after this exposure and training, to be honest I still think some of the new breed kali peeps teach over intricate and sometimes even inappropriate counters and strips in response to an armed struggle.

I much prefer Karl Tanswell's Stab Program or the Red Zone by far.

Now if we are talking about fma in non-defensive mode and on the attack, that is a different story.
    I think that STAB and REDZONE are by far two of the best emptyhand solutions to the blade, that and the DBMA "dog catcher", which goes very well with STAB and REDZONE.
    Most of the kali stuff is, well, kali oriented.
    I think that the overly fancy stuff is just that, fancy, BUT when faced with a "kali attack", the core works great ( actually the core works great period), the STAB and RZ is more "basic" and very effective VS the "simple" attack, I think you know what I mean.

As a side note, IP and Kali go great together, kali is very much into the slap.

Makes sense, but it depends on the context of the situation, going knife to fist because some bouncer pushes you and you quick draw and slice his throat as in the case of that Sayoc off-shoot in New York is absurd, but going knife to fist if you are being mugged may be something much different all together.
    Legal issues aside, I still have issues pulling a blade on a SINGLE unarmed attacker.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Legal issues aside, I still have issues pulling a blade on a SINGLE unarmed attacker.
    I understand, but to me its all in the context, only the real context of the situation and your mindset at the time can really determine that choice.

The point really being, if you need it, you have it on you.

As a side note, IP and Kali go great together, kali is very much into the slap.
    Very much so in the case of Pekiti-tirsia, a lot of power slapping and hacking involved, some systems not as much, but all around the slap is a big part of a number of the systems programs.

Most of the kali stuff is, well, kali oriented.
    and their sits the issue, I think stripped down kali, btw I hate that word as it is a marketing term, is excellent stuff as the core is all that is really needed.

The core coupled with forward drive and an aggressive mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    I understand, but to me its all in the context, only the real context of the situation and your mindset at the time can really determine that choice.

The point really being, if you need it, you have it on you.

Very much so in the case of Pekiti-tirsia, a lot of power slapping and hacking involved, some systems not as much, but all around the slap is a big part of a number of the systems programs.

and their sits the issue, I think stripped down kali, btw I hate that word as it is a marketing term, is excellent stuff as the core is all that is really needed.

The core coupled with forward drive and an aggressive mindset.
    I knew there was a reason why I tolerate you and haven't sent ninjas to do all sorts of nasty things to you in your sleep

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

As long as those ninja's don't have a scorching case of the herpes I think I might be able to take them.

Ninja's with herpes are tougher than Mechagodzilla 3 on roids.

BTW-For those that have not seen it, here is a vid of the STAB program. For me it was a little glitchy, hope it works better for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KAT5-OIxvA

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    As long as those ninja's don't have a scorching case of the herpes I think I might be able to take them.

Ninja's with herpes are tougher than Mechagodzilla 3 on roids.

BTW-For those that have not seen it, here is a vid of the STAB program. For me it was a little glitchy, hope it works better for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KAT5-OIxvA
    So.... lemme get this right.
    The big-lug/fella re-tying his drawstring had that raging case of herpes?
    ... and even if he did, it shouldn't have been THAT much of a problem, so long as his pants stayed up.....