Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buy Gold NOW!!!

See, this actually proves a recent discovery of mine...that being that Women are actually bad for us and hold guys down and mess up our lives.

See, if it hadn't been for females constantly trying to capture me with thier distracting and wiley ways; and causing me to lose focus on the important things, then I would have had time to focus on those important things, like the markets...and I'd be a frik'n bizzillionare by now.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 03-14-2008 at 02:28 PM.

I just started playing the market, so I'm still quite the novice. I'm just using my pizza and beer money, hoping to make some gains on it (and certianly to not lose everything)
    Bless you

Buy Gold? Well, right now Gold is around $1,000/ounce. So to gamble on it and make some real money you are going to have to have a fairly large nest egg.

I guess if I was crazy enough to bet on gold I would buy options. However I'm not quite there yet. Of course there could be something happen next week to drive the price up...one never knows.

Me personally...I would sell

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Never sell a strong Bull market.
    Somebody's got to sell. Selling now is better than waiting until everyone and his brpther is trying to dump it.

No, because then you are selling high, and buying back when it's higher.

Now if you bought 2-3 weeks ago, I would sell early next week, same as I would do for all the contracts bought today. Why? Becasue the market will retrace soon after that. When it hits support and you see the Bull market is still in place, you buy again, and sell when it runs up a bit.

You Ladder up like this over and over untill one day you sell the peak (thus locking in profits) and it never bounces back from the retracement.

See, there is no real way to know if the Bull Market is over or not once you hit the retracement point, so you exit while it is still high, sit on the side and watch it retrace. Then *IF* the market shows you it was just a retracement and NOT the end of the trend (and ONLY then), you gte back in to ride the next run up.

That way you allways get out just before the price drop, and you never get back in untill you know for sure it's going to make the next run up to the next level.

Right now the last retracment has been confirmed and we can see the Bull Market is as strong as ever so we BUY now to catch the next run up. Later next week when we are at the peak of that run up, we sell and collect $500.00 to $800.00 in profits per contract (think 10 contract Yippeeee).

This method basically gets you out and on the sidelines in the event of a sudden market crash or sudden change in market direction that is in opposition to the current trend....it's how the Big boys allways win, while the little players get caught in the crashes and lose.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 03-14-2008 at 06:00 PM.

See, look at the Chart. Yesterday confirmed it was time to buy with a close and range above the 9 Bar Moving average. All indicators are go for higher prices over then next few trading sessions. After which the market will retrace before it's next run up.

We sell when the market signals it is over bought so we get out before the rush and thus lock in profits.

How can we tell when it is time to sell you ask? Look at the chart. You will see the market price starts to drop (Retrace) every time there is a close above the Upper Bollinger Band (The blue one at the top). If you watch the 30 mintue and 60 minute charts you can tell it's going to do that before the trading day closes. When you see this, you sell before the close while the price is above the upper Bollinger band. This locks in your profits as the market declines over the next few days or even weeks.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 03-14-2008 at 06:15 PM.

There are some that did not signal the retracement with a close over the upper Bollinger band, but everyone made some sort of indicator to let you know it's time to get out.

At the very least you can look and say hey, I made $750.00 on this trade, I'm getting out now while I am ahead. You might miss some of the run up, but it's allways better to mis the run up, then catch the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    See, this actually proves a recent discovery of mine...that being that Women are actually bad for us and hold guys down and mess up our lives.

See, if it hadn't been for females constantly trying to capture me with thier distracting and wiley ways; and causing me to lose focus on the important things, then I would have had time to focus on those important things, like the markets...and I'd be a frik'n bizzillionare by now.
    And a virgin.....or gay......or on the news for skimmin' hookers.
    Last edited by Shaolin Wookie; 03-15-2008 at 05:36 AM.

I bought some gold a few year's ago. It has more than doubled in value.

I also have been doing well in forex. The usd/chf buying short has been very profitable.

Also I do believe my marshal arts training has given me the ability to be wait unil the time is right to buy.

Also I do believe my marshal arts training has given me the ability to be wait unill the time is right to buy.

Reply]
    Agreed. Martial arts develops the type of unique mind that successful traders NEED to be successful. It gives us the ability to not be swayed by the emotional roller coaster that causes others to get chewed up by the markets.

As for the timing to know when to buy, that is not really the issue. Any block who buys one of these late nite TV trading course can figure out good times to buy...it's knowing when to Get OUT that is important.

Most losses actually occure when really good trades are held too long and what the newbie *Thinks* is a correction was actually a market trend, directional change. They keep holding on convinced it will bounce back and it never does. By the time they get out the market is actually under thier entry point.

This happens near entry points all the time. Take Ken Roberts trading system for example (Ie. most popular late nite TV trading course), his system shows how to enter off of a double bottom formation. Very often a double bottom will retrace back below the entry point, and then rebound and continue on in the new bullish direction. HOWEVER a double Bottom can also signal a CONTINUATION of a trend, or more often just the END of the old trend and a start of just random mostly sideways movement....Ken Roberts has either never figured this out, or just does not have it in his book and video tape series.

So what happens is the newbie sees this, has no fear of a retracement and ends up getting stopped out with a loss not too far under his entry point more often than not. He doesn't worry because he knows one big trade will more than make up for it + some, so he keeps on doing this. His account slowly gets chewed up. After a time, the big trade does not come (because Markets move sideways more then anything), and he has traded away his account in little chunks over time...which is allways the time a really good high profit trade finnally does come....and of course he no longer has the capitol to trade it anymore. This leads him to think he was just underfunded, so he waits until he has twice as much money, tries again and the same process happens...only it takes longer before he goes broke this time.

My system is focused more on the Exit, than the entry. I trade more often, but I win 80% or more of the time. By laddering up a trend one rung at a time, I STILL get all the big trades, but I eliminate all the little losses at the same time.

It's kind of like Martial arts strategy...you position yourself so you have the greatest advantage, but also so the market is least positioned to beat your account up.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 03-15-2008 at 07:50 PM.

Sell Yor Gold!!

So I woke up this mornig and saw Gold hit ! 1030 ! over nite. It was around 1027 so I decided that was a good time to exit my paper trade. It started dropping shortly after that. It's still above Fridays entry point, so if you didn't catch the big part of the move, I'd get out now and play it safe. There is too much volatility and Oil went down so Gold is sure to follow.

If you guys look at the charts I posted, I would have gotten in somewhere around the 1000.00 area. To account for slippage I figure 1004 is good. My profit on that trade would be the difference between what I bought it for $1004.00 and what I sold it for $1027.00 or $23.00 an ounce.

Of course the Comex Gold trades 100 OZ at a time, so you multiply that by 100 to get your actual profits.

23.00 X 100 = $2300.00
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 03-17-2008 at 07:55 AM.

It's up 11.2 right now over yesterday's close. The market could go ANYWHERE today and has no clear direction right now (although Oil is down so it will probably follow).

If you get out now you will have a nice $1120.00 profit since Friday.

I HIGHLY recommend you take the money and run.

Gold has now dropped below our entry point, anyone that did not get out earlier today and is still hold contracts are now loosing money.

All in all, it was a good trade and made the fast money even faster than I thought.