Thread: Fedor: Class Act

Fedor: Class Act

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

he may be a nice guy, but either him or his management is turning Fedor Emelianenko into a primadonna. Latest word on his contract is that he wants 2 pil per fight.

Quote Originally Posted by jackmcmanus21 View Post
    he may be a nice guy, but either him or his management is turning Fedor Emelianenko into a primadonna. Latest word on his contract is that he wants 2 pil per fight.
    2 pils seems to be ok

I assume you meant 2 million, that's a lot of coin for someone with no competition.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

anyone watching the fight on sunday??
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

yay fedor!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    He fought Jeff monson and won. He's getting old I'm surprised he hasn't retired yet.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    He fought Jeff monson and won. He's getting old I'm surprised he hasn't retired yet.
    He's only 35, that's not old.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    That's getting up there in terms of fighters.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

its never the age its the milage, someone who has been fighting since they were a teenager will wear out quicker than someone who joined the marines and took a decade off for example

Fedor Vs. Ishii

Im really looking forward to this fight. I like both of these guys.

Sambo Vs. Judo

should be a good fight. part of me wants both guys to win, so personally as a fan of both, i dont care who wins too much. all i want is to see a finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    lol @ the snowman.

if you cant beat monson you shouldnt be in the cage.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    its never the age its the milage, someone who has been fighting since they were a teenager will wear out quicker than someone who joined the marines and took a decade off for example
    so how do you explain guys like couture who had full careers in wrestling before they even stepped into the cage? couture was going strong since childhood. he didnt burn out till a few years ago, and even then he had a bit left.

you know, i would tend to agree with you about the milage thang, but there are too many contradictory examples. especially with all these cats who have had multiple combat careers. kickboxing muay thai wrestling juijitsu mma military etc etc, some of these cats have been going their whole lives and are still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    so how do you explain guys like couture who had full careers in wrestling before they even stepped into the cage? couture was going strong since childhood. he didnt burn out till a few years ago, and even then he had a bit left.

you know, i would tend to agree with you about the milage thang, but there are too many contradictory examples. especially with all these cats who have had multiple combat careers. kickboxing muay thai wrestling juijitsu mma military etc etc, some of these cats have been going their whole lives and are still going strong.
    Good question

Couture was in the marines he was the one I was thinking about, wrestling in the army was not his full time occupation, and I believe grappling is different to full striking or MMA, his actually MMA career wasn’t that long, ie he started later than most in game

Generally (and there are exceptions to every rule) people seem to burn out in a specific sport after a decade or so, you see it here in the UK in both rugby and football, the younger they start the younger their careers seem to finish be it through injury brought on by repetitive use (michal owen, Jamie rednapp in football) or simply burning themselves out,

Take rugby union for example when it was an amateur sport people didn’t start until after finishing school and usually university, ie early 20’s (yes they played at Uni but it was not a full time sport) as a consequence they played well into their mid 30’s, now a days they start young, late teens is the usual age to turn pro now and I doubt we will see another Richard hill or Neil Back again

Now switching from say pure wrestling to MMA might be enough of a change to give the body new stimulus and new focus, but how many top college wrestlers are still wrestling in their 30’s? How many Thais keep fighting in their 30’s (heck most retire in their late 20’s to teach)

Is it a hard and fast rule no, but honestly how many of the current young generation of fighters do you think will be fighting MMA when they are 35, 36, let alone 41 or 42?

The earlier you start the earlier you seem to burn out and stop

i think some guys are just an 'exception to the rule' kind of deal. genetics, practice, luck, all play pretty big factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Good question

Couture was in the marines he was the one I was thinking about, wrestling in the army was not his full time occupation, and I believe grappling is different to full striking or MMA, his actually MMA career wasn’t that long, ie he started later than most in game

Generally (and there are exceptions to every rule) people seem to burn out in a specific sport after a decade or so, you see it here in the UK in both rugby and football, the younger they start the younger their careers seem to finish be it through injury brought on by repetitive use (michal owen, Jamie rednapp in football) or simply burning themselves out,

Take rugby union for example when it was an amateur sport people didn’t start until after finishing school and usually university, ie early 20’s (yes they played at Uni but it was not a full time sport) as a consequence they played well into their mid 30’s, now a days they start young, late teens is the usual age to turn pro now and I doubt we will see another Richard hill or Neil Back again

Now switching from say pure wrestling to MMA might be enough of a change to give the body new stimulus and new focus, but how many top college wrestlers are still wrestling in their 30’s? How many Thais keep fighting in their 30’s (heck most retire in their late 20’s to teach)

Is it a hard and fast rule no, but honestly how many of the current young generation of fighters do you think will be fighting MMA when they are 35, 36, let alone 41 or 42?

The earlier you start the earlier you seem to burn out and stop
    so do you feel that those in sports where collisions and/or striking are more commonplace are likely to burn out sooner? assuming they stay injury free.

i dunno man, tumbling has a similar affect on the body. look at gymnasts, they burn out faster than anyone.

it's a complicated subject and there are so many examples a could play devils advocate for days.....

couture wrestled enough to be an olympic hopeful. alas, he was no gable, i never even heard of the guy before he started fighting.

i dont think it is as much about how much you have trained and performed as it is HOW you trained and preformed. case and point with gymnastics. these lil girls are pushed much further than they should be for optimum health. so they burn out fast. like football players. the ones that last the longest are usually the guys being defended, not the defenders themselves. a QB may go longer that a center, for obvious reasons.

the more competetive mma becomes, the faster the participants will burn out. being the best fighter in the world isnt exactly a recipe for longevity.