Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where can I get a Combat or Good Quality Monk's Spade?

I wonder why they have not updated their prices since 2006.

regardless, looks like you will be paying a pretty penny through those guys. Already made swords look to range 1+ thousand USD.

I would add another 500 -1000 for a custom made job.

Quote Originally Posted by No_SuRReNDeR View Post
    I came across these AMAZING custom made Chinese swords and one day I will own
    1 or 2 or 3 ok DARN IT I want them all lets be real...darn it I can't stop drooling for some reason....FuShou Jian drip....drool......oh yeah that's why I'm drooling.
    http://www.masterforge.co.uk/Jian%20...Collection.htm

But anyhow my point is ---maybe they can make a custom monk spade for me......That would pwn all monk spades before it..

Has anyone every had a weapon made by these guys?
    Nope, but the fellow posts here....... I think his screen-name IS "MasterForge"

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Next week, two reps from our company are going to China to straighten some things out. So right now, we are out of stock on Dragon Well Monk Spades, but hopefully we'll get the new shipment in very soon.
    The Dragon Well one sucks. It's too unwieldy.

I posted a suuuh-wheet Monk Spade a couple of years ago that was $300, but it looks like I deleted that thread. They even had a matching Kwan Dao.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Yeah

Yeah I'm familiar with the dragon well ones and I don't like them at all. I bet that "Master Forge" place would charge me a ton but It looks like they make some nice swords. I sent them a message so i'll see what they say back.

I'm trying to be under the 400$ mark but I would rather pay more for a great weapon that will last than save the money on a hunk-a-junk.

Yeah I'm familiar with the dragon well ones and I don't like them at all. I bet that "Master Forge" place would charge me a ton but It looks like they make some nice swords. I sent them a message so i'll see what they say back.

I'm trying to be under the 400$ mark but I would rather pay more for a great weapon that will last than save the money on a hunk-a-junk.
    For sure, if you are super into the spade, maybe get a "temporary" one right now, and shell out the cash later to get one that will out last your lifetime. It would be a good investment in yourself.

Yeah Ive been think that

Sound advise Lucas....I bet Sifu would say the same thing...maybe Ill just go with the WLE one for 138$

hopefully it wont disappoint me too much.
    “Build rather than destroy,
    Avoid rather than check,
    Check rather than maim,
    Maim rather than kill,
    For all life is precious,
    Nor can any be replaced” - Chuen Yuan, Li Shou, Pai Yu Feng

To Pete Robinson,
    I know this thread is about a different topic, but I wanted to ask you a couple of questions. What years did you study with Ark Wong and what forms did you learn? You can send me a private email if you don't want to post here.
    Thanks.

Sound advise Lucas....I bet Sifu would say the same thing...maybe Ill just go with the WLE one for 138$

hopefully it wont disappoint me too much.
    That one looks pretty nice, especially for $138.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    That one looks pretty nice, especially for $138.
    It is, except the shaft on mine broke pretty early on. I replaced it with an aluminium shaft I bought at Lowe's for about $20, though. I used to compete with it (NortherPracticioner can tell you how nice it is).
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Ok it's settled then

Ok I think I will go with it then and I guess I can always replace the shaft...if any of you come across any crazy bad ass custom type ones in the future pm me.
    Avoid rather than check,
    Check rather than maim,
    Maim rather than kill,

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    It is, except the shaft on mine broke pretty early on. I replaced it with an aluminium shaft I bought at Lowe's for about $20, though. I used to compete with it (NortherPracticioner can tell you how nice it is).
    That seems to be a trend with pole arm weapons unfortunately.

until you get into real high quality i suppose....

They wrote me back...omg..

Hi,

I spoke to the forge. we can make a monks spade. So I think it is best if you take a look at our blade options:
    http://www.masterforge.co.uk/acatalo...e-options.html

Then you can tell us what blade type you want.

There are also many types of spade. So if you get some pics then we know what you want it modelled on.

When we get all of the details we will then be able to make a full quotation for you.

Thanks

Leigh Robinson
    Masterforge Limited---

I cant believe they wrote back **** I better save more money for a sanmai steel monks spade!!!!!
    Avoid rather than check,
    Check rather than maim,
    Maim rather than kill,