Thread: Obamacare

Obamacare

what do you guys think about medicaid??? how different is it from state to state??? if you had a fatal disease or condition thru an accident or whatever, are you covered??? is there any situation where you would be asked to pay first, down payement, or straight up turned away??? would you maybe have to drive 20 minutes to the hospital because the one two blocks away doesnt accept your insurance??? or you dont have any, even if you are dying???

i heard recently that arizona(funny how its always arizona, whats in that fukcing water???) anyways they cut out some transplants in some cases, i dont have specifics at hand, but i can get them... people are being told they either pay like 250 grand now, as a minor down payment to the ultimate cost, guarantee the rest, OR its off to the paliative ward at county for you...

i ask because i want to really learn whats going on... its sooo different where im from... you may die on a waitlist that is far too long and slow but you dont get turned away... lately there have been a few cases where they have tho, ever since these d!ckfaces started messing with healthcare... we arent a fully public system anymore, the privates are slithering in as we speak... looking for more ways to exploit those who feel they have no choice... it could be argued as extortion in alot of cases... i cringe at our future... but i can walk into any hospital or doctor and get pretty much anything i need for free, including any meds... there are a few meds not covered... but ive personally never paid for any meds... i even got a box of cough drops from my doctor awhile back, and i mean a BOX... 3 years worth easy...

its so easy for us in this way... not all, but 99.99999% is all good... so i hear these horror stories and i wonder how accurate the haters are in thier acusations and critique of `the system`...

canadas healthcare is flawed, make no mistake... we have major issues with backlog and funding... and were losing all our good talent to the privates elsewhere... but as it stands, on average, we are way better off... for how long i dont know... the privates moved in by saying the wealthy should have a choice... fair enough... but it opens the door for all sorts of consumer unfriedly healthcare... scary, cause its life or death for some, and they get fukced around??? thats not okay...

also, its my understanding that individual states have the power to hold obamacare back...??? what do you think of obamacare???

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    also, its my understanding that individual states have the power to hold obamacare back...??? what do you think of obamacare???
    I believe the States are suing for the right to block Obamacare and that those lawsuits are currently in the court system.

Consitutionally speaking, doesn't it say that anything not explicitly mentioned to be a federal power is, by default, given to the states?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Consitutionally speaking, doesn't it say that anything not explicitly mentioned to be a federal power is, by default, given to the states?
    Yes. That's the 10th Amendment.

'The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.'

I'm thinking the states will probably win this fight.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I'm thinking the states will probably win this fight.
    interesting... and which states are opposing it hard???

arizona forsure, i dont even need to look that one up i just know they are against it, im right yeah???

this is very interesting to me... im really curious to see who will win this one in the end... is this really a state vs fed thing??? or is it really a left vs right thing in the guise of state vs fed??? how many dem states are fighting it and how many rep. states are fighting it??? you know what im asking???

whats ur opinion... all of you, not just drake...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    interesting... and which states are opposing it hard???

arizona forsure, i dont even need to look that one up i just know they are against it, im right yeah???
    As of 4/21/2010 it was 22 States. Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Washington State.

Source:
    http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=36622

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/news-...-24110445.html

thats quite a huge link... anyways, interesting story... i know its not related to abamacare but its a cool healthcare story...

check out cat boy at the 4:30 and on mark... i imagine he gets bullied a bunch... tres different...
    Last edited by Syn7; 02-08-2011 at 08:34 PM.